Author Topic: Anywhere (in the US) to get replacement pivot bolts for an FM10 Frame?  (Read 545 times)

riotnerd

Hey all, I put together an FM10 build 2 years ago as my "covid project" and have been riding the bike just fine ever sense.  Today on my ride after going over some rocks the bike started behaving strangely and I eventually figured out one of the rear bolts was missing (see below for pic of the missing bolt).  I brought it to a bike shop on my way home and he basically said that I'd need to get the bolt from the manufacturer since they can't guarantee any other bolt would fit correctly and safely.  I did just message them via AliExpress but based on past communication I expect best case scenario it to take several weeks to get the parts shipped to me from China.  Is there anyone in the US that stocks these bolts or is there a generic bolt that might work until I can get the parts from china?  If not it's a bit of a bummer that I won't be able to bike for some time. 

Thanks for your help!

Swolie74

You've got a bolt on the other side that is/should be identical, right? Just take that out and measure what you need..... easy peasy

SVChucko

Re: Anywhere (in the US) to get replacement pivot bolts for an FM10 Frame?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 12:54:16 PM »
Yow. Thanks for the reminder to check bolt torque before every ride. It's nearly impossible to get to the inboard bolt head on those unless the rear wheel is off.