Author Topic: ceccotti xc build  (Read 1142 times)

Icyseanfitz

ceccotti xc build
« on: July 27, 2022, 08:23:19 AM »
Finished up my budget ceccotti carbon hardtail, I think it turned out looking really nice, as for performance it hasn't been out yet so "to be determined" :D my biggest concern isnt the frame tbh its the bolany fork, but i took it all apart threadlocked the important stuff and put fresh oil in the air chamber with sram butter on everything else so fingers crossed, seems solid enough just basic. build is coming in just under 10kg, so not the lightest but not bad either considering the budget parts. Cable routing was easy enough during the build, only tricky part was routing the dropper cable around the bb shell and up the seattube.

Frame - ceccotti carbon hardtail
Fork - Bolany boost
Wheels - parts bin wheel build, novatech 28h rear hub, superstar 32h front, sapim d light spokes all around, spank 350 28h rim (non vibrocore) rear, spank 350 32h rim (vibrocore) front
Shifter/derailleur - shimano deore m6100
cassette - sram NX
Chain - sram GX
cranks - fonovo phantom cranks
chainring - goodtaste gxp oil slick
pedals - oneup composite
BB - shimano xt
Brakes - Meroca M4 4 pots
Rotors - 160mm light weight AliExpress
Bars - all in one AliExpress carbon
grips - ODI foam
saddle - alixpress super leggara clone
dropper - zoom 27.2
dropper remote - ztto oil slick
Frame protection - added bits of alixpress clear protection in parts, didnt turn out great but not terrible either.
Tyres - barzo front, mezecal rear

jozohuzo

Re: ceccotti xc build
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 05:53:03 AM »
looks solid, could you please link the handlebars and saddle?

PS: lookout for that screw next to the wall :)

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 06:59:05 AM »

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 05:49:06 AM »
First spin and bike held together great

elgaucher

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 07:29:15 AM »
I had nightmare creaking issues with the same crank hope yours is better !

Also how good are the merocas m4 ? Thinking of getting a set for my fatbike

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2022, 03:51:58 AM »
I had nightmare creaking issues with the same crank hope yours is better !

Also how good are the merocas m4 ? Thinking of getting a set for my fatbike

My experience with these cranks is mixed, this is my second set, first had to be cut off a frame as the extractor bolt had stopped as the bolt material was too soft. This current set has been on a few different bikes so far and no issues though.

Patch64

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 02:02:15 AM »
I'm curious about the Bolany fork, I'm ready to buy any chinese parts, but forks.....
And also, regarding Meroca, what kind of brake pad did they put?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 02:07:04 AM by Patch64 »

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2022, 04:57:15 AM »
I'm curious about the Bolany fork, I'm ready to buy any chinese parts, but forks.....
And also, regarding Meroca, what kind of brake pad did they put?

I believe the pads are organic, I'm going to buy some Shimano saint ceramic pads to replace though.

The fork is an interesting one, I don't have enough miles on it to even nearly recommend it yet but so far it's holding together. But for an xc build it does the job as it's only around 1800g. I disassembled it on arrival and there where one or two manufacturing defects but overall it was solid and simple, I lubed everything up with SRAM butter and threadlocked everything with a thread. I'll leave a review after a couple of 100km