Author Topic: Twitter R10 Complete Bike  (Read 1475 times)

Velovelo

Twitter R10 Complete Bike
« on: August 15, 2022, 08:40:55 PM »

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Twitter bikes.

I'm looking at the R10 2022 complete bike model with alloy wheelset, mechanical hydraulic brakes with jagwire cables and Retrospec /sensah groupset for about USD890.

Looking to get an "Always ready to ride" backup bike without the trouble of building one from scratch and no concern for bike weight.

Looks like twitter falls around the entry level brands like Java, Sava, Gusto etc.

I don't mind any other aero geometry bike recommendations at similar complete bike price point.

Irideslowly

Re: Twitter R10 Complete Bike
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 06:49:38 AM »
IIRC,  twitter is made by Seraph/TanTan.  Don't expect much after sales support, but the quality is usually good.

Velovelo

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 07:08:33 AM »

Oh wow!

Then expected quality of frame is basically within the "acceptable" / rideable frame quality, plus poor after sales support we already receive from open mold frame dealers.

In this case they at least have done "dress rehearsals" on the frame before sending out to customers. One less problem to deal with.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Glen

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »
I have a Twitter Thunder. It is generally a good bike for the price although I did swap the wheels to carbon and swap the groupset to a Sensah branded one. It is also sold in mainstream bike shops in Southeast Asia.

Velovelo

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 09:05:57 PM »
I have a Twitter Thunder. It is generally a good bike for the price although I did swap the wheels to carbon and swap the groupset to a Sensah branded one. It is also sold in mainstream bike shops in Southeast Asia.

Thanks for sharing.

Have you compared the ride feel of your Twitter Thunder with another carbon bike frame?
I'm wondering if the twitter frame flexes around the bottom bracket area and fork.

I just realized you can also get the complete R10 frameset without the Twitter branding.

Glen

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 08:29:18 AM »
I have an older rim brake model compared with the one in the photo. I haven't noticed any obvious flex or loss of power in the bottom bracket area... It feels pretty good to ride in general...got 3 or 4 KOMs recently. I'm sure it might feel a bit soft compared to more expensive bikes but have not had a chance to make a comparison other than a Specialized Allez Elite.

BalticSea

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2022, 02:33:07 PM »
So did you decide to order it? Browsing ali atm and found the R10 frame, it does look pretty decent, at least from the pictures... Now only if I can find a rim brake version.

Velovelo

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »
It is still in my radar but haven't order it yet. It actually has holes for rim brakes so you can convert the frame from disc to rim braking anytime you like. The alloy wheels they come with can handle both disc and rim braking. You can custom make a carbon wheel that can do both rim and disc braking, if weight is not an issue for you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 06:35:29 PM by Velovelo »

ancientone

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2022, 09:19:53 PM »
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with Twitter bikes.

I'm looking at the R10 2022 complete bike model with alloy wheelset, mechanical hydraulic brakes with jagwire cables and Retrospec /sensah groupset for about USD890.

Looking to get an "Always ready to ride" backup bike without the trouble of building one from scratch and no concern for bike weight.

Looks like twitter falls around the entry level brands like Java, Sava, Gusto etc.

I don't mind any other aero geometry bike recommendations at similar complete bike price point.

Heavy and average or below average quality, but seems to meet your requirement as stated by you. :-)

Velovelo

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 09:47:12 PM »
Heavy and average or below average quality, but seems to meet your requirement as stated by you. :-)
Are you looking to get one too?

BalticSea

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2022, 12:15:05 AM »
It is still in my radar but haven't order it yet. It actually has holes for rim brakes so you can convert the frame from disc to rim braking anytime you like. The alloy wheels they come with can handle both disc and rim braking. You can custom make a carbon wheel that can do both rim and disc braking, if weight is not an issue for you.

Yeah, I saw the holes and was hoping that it wouldn't be the case, but alas. This kind of solution seems to be way too janky even by my standards, so I guess I will be passing up

ancientone

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 04:43:52 AM »
Are you looking to get one too?

No, haha, I have 5x bikes... my wife will kill me... AND weight and resale value for Twitter is a show stopper for me.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2022, 10:01:31 AM »

I dont know why inst more a thing for these carbon frames to have the ability to do either.  I keep seeing reviews for disc brake frames and they have this funky plug for the rim brakes. just install the rim brake insert it cant be that much. then you can have a more versatile frame.
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]