Author Topic: JH017 grevil/gravel frame set?  (Read 931 times)

Crash217

JH017 grevil/gravel frame set?
« on: August 18, 2022, 09:24:56 PM »
First time building a bike, been doing lots of research and have settled on all my components from information here and other places,  but I haven’t found any information about this frame.  I’m hoping someone here has some information.

It’s the JH017, I find it listed by probably half a dozen AliEx sellers for various prices and always one or two sets of the same photos and geometry diagrams.  It often comes up as Grevil, and it sure does look like one.

I’ve dug through the certification/license information of a few of the sellers and found that RIDE LOVE, the lowest listing price seller is licensed as Shenzhen City Qile Cool Technology Co. Ltd.

Here’s a couple photos of the frame/geometry sheet.

Wondering anyone has any experience with this frame or vendor or if I should just go to a more well known source.

acedeuce802

Re: JH017 grevil/gravel frame set?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 08:44:03 AM »
I don't have any real info to add, just that I went through the same thing when I was researching gravel bikes, I just think the Grevil is so cool.  I ended up deciding that there were no brands that are well-loved by ChinerTown that make it, there's no real reviews on the frame, and it's often a bad idea to buy frame that are direct copy of another (because they may not have done Engineering, just copy the outer geometry and thickness, they may not know the actual layup schedule and material spec).  Too much risk for me, so I went for a Carbonda.

Irideslowly

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 08:47:03 AM »
I don't have any real info to add, just that I went through the same thing when I was researching gravel bikes, I just think the Grevil is so cool.  I ended up deciding that there were no brands that are well-loved by ChinerTown that make it, there's no real reviews on the frame, and it's often a bad idea to buy frame that are direct copy of another (because they may not have done Engineering, just copy the outer geometry and thickness, they may not know the actual layup schedule and material spec).  Too much risk for me, so I went for a Carbonda.

This is the correct way of Doing it. Enjoy the Carbonda

Crash217

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:28:58 AM »

Yes,  it's super cool looking is the main reason I'm interested in it.  They've been quick to respond to a couple of questions about sizing and such.    I'm not married to the frame and I'm not super excited to completely plunge into the unknown, but I may if I can find any positive feedback about it.  The seller rating/feedback is good and they've been active since 2016 which seems to be a plus.

Edit to ask, which carbonda frame you've got?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 10:25:50 AM by Crash217 »

s3si1u

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 10:46:34 AM »
Yes,  it's super cool looking is the main reason I'm interested in it.  They've been quick to respond to a couple of questions about sizing and such.    I'm not married to the frame and I'm not super excited to completely plunge into the unknown, but I may if I can find any positive feedback about it.  The seller rating/feedback is good and they've been active since 2016 which seems to be a plus.

The Carbonda 696 is basically the industry standard and it's even rumored that some bike brands out there use this frame as "their" gravel bike. I would pick this one in a heartbeat. Last time I got a quote from Wing at Carbonda it was about $700 for the frame including shipping.
Instagram: @aerosloth

acedeuce802

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 12:21:09 PM »

I went with the CFR707, got some pics and writeup in the thread here
https://chinertown.com/index.php?topic=2994.90