Author Topic: How likely this is a scam or would even receive bike shown from alibaba  (Read 497 times)

Queen of Skulls

I saw this listing on alibaba. And I cannot believe how questionable it is. It's looks like a scam at the very least. At best you will get an unusable bike shaped object. I am just wanted to share for fun and maybe a warning.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Style-Factory-Mens-Racing-Light_1600345974640.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.21b816fdQm9Q8c
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:42:32 AM by Queen of Skulls »

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

ancientone

I saw this listing on alibaba. And I cannot believe how questionable it is. It's looks like a scam at the very least. At best you will get an unusable bike shaped object. I am just wanted to share for fun and maybe a warning.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600511279769/product.html

"Try" ordering it. it will be $69 for the bike and $690 for the shipping and handling. :-)

Queen of Skulls

Ya, if figured that might a case too... OMG that drives me crazy with aliexpress.  Like its just going to get me not to buy your product. I am just going to refuse to buy it. even if its actually the cheapest. which it isnt.

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

1Sigma

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Style-Factory-Mens-Racing-Light_1600345974640.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.21b816fdQm9Q8c

So, the link is for Alibaba and not AliExpress
Alibaba is meant for retailers and distributors.
It’s not a scam, but the prices are totally useless on Alibaba - you would need to contact the seller.
For whatever the actual price points, you’ll probably need to buy 5, 10, or more bikes.

On AliExpress, 100% many stores underprice products and just jack up the shipping.
They aren’t necessarily scamming, but they are trying to game the system by appearing to be the cheapest at first glance.  Of course, anyone operating under that business ethic probably shouldn’t get your money.

Better than average - Extra Average

Queen of Skulls

I fully agree. Well you can post them up on offerup or  what not for 20 bucks more than you paid.

BalticSea

Eh, these are pretty much the same bikes sporting good stores sell for like 200 bucks. Some part of it will be carbon (or it will just look like carbon), but don't expect any quality.

Queen of Skulls

totally... I made this topic more for look at this non sense.  but dont get fooled.