Author Topic: Seka Exceed  (Read 2438 times)

Bng

Seka Exceed
« on: September 04, 2022, 02:21:42 AM »
Dear All

Seek advise on Seka Exceed RDC. Any comments on it. What carbon layup does it use? T800 or 1000? Ride Quality (although it looks like a FACTOR). Or am I better off with a a VB-R--099 or even a 168? Not using for races, but more of a Endurance rider.

Thanks in advance for your insights / valuable feedback.

Velovelo

Re: Seka Exceed
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 03:20:37 AM »
You can follow this thread link below for update on an order by a forum member that is on the way;

https://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3643.15.html

StiffWeenies

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2022, 02:15:09 PM »
Seka sources their carbon from Mitsubishi, and the factory appears to be Qing Liang Composites (轻量复材) who also seem to produce Factor

They are in a completely different echelon of quality and performance from Velobuild which is to be expected given the price difference. But this is not to say that the frameset is faultless, a common compliant with the Seka is that the cockpit drops aren't stiff enough relative to the tops. The Farsports F1 also suffers from this flexy drops problem. Some riders have also reported that the fork could be a little stiffer and that their paint had orange feel. Those looking for the absolute stiffest Seka should opt for the standard Exceed, as the RDC is a little less stiff according to internal testing (source).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 04:57:41 PM by StiffWeenies »

Velovelo

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2022, 07:06:04 PM »
Seka sources their carbon from Mitsubishi, and the factory appears to be Qing Liang Composites (轻量复材) who also seem to produce Factor

They are in a completely different echelon of quality and performance from Velobuild which is to be expected given the price difference. But this is not to say that the frameset is faultless, a common compliant with the Seka is that the cockpit drops aren't stiff enough relative to the tops. The Farsports F1 also suffers from this flexy drops problem. Some riders have also reported that the fork could be a little stiffer and that their paint had orange feel. Those looking for the absolute stiffest Seka should opt for the standard Exceed, as the RDC is a little less stiff according to internal testing (source).

Your "source" is a really good read. The comments below the article were even more fun to read lol. Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 08:02:44 PM by Velovelo »

patliean1

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2022, 07:42:16 PM »
a common compliant with the Seka is that the cockpit drops aren't stiff enough relative to the tops. The Farsports F1 also suffers from this flexy drops problem.

I'm gonna mention this in my upcoming Elite Drive 65D wheel review, but despite Elite Drive wheels being lighter than my Winspace Hyper wheels...they certainly are not as stiff. Although the Elite wheels are more "comfortable". Maybe is the choice of hubs who knows...

This is just like my VB-177 "super" lightweight frame isn't as stiff as my heavier Winspace T1500 aero frame. I'm obviously not an engineer or a carbon manufacturer but is seems to me that lighter doesn't typically mean stiffer. Even the SWorks Aethos has reports (locally here) of being flexy.