Author Topic: Epic Evo Clone  (Read 36643 times)

darkening

Re: Epic Evo Clone
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2023, 01:17:24 PM »
Was able to build it today. Bushing provided did not suit for my rockshox shock. So I have to trim down my existing DU 20 bushings.. A lot of work with rasp and some with ange grinder. And it was ready to go.

Done 1hr ride today. No creaks, sounds, ets. Very quiet ride and bike is very responsive. I like it.

ilyamaksimov

« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2023, 10:08:54 PM »
Was able to build it today. Bushing provided did not suit for my rockshox shock. So I have to trim down my existing DU 20 bushings.. A lot of work with rasp and some with ange grinder. And it was ready to go.

Done 1hr ride today. No creaks, sounds, ets. Very quiet ride and bike is very responsive. I like it.

you need to ride at least 2000 km and 20,000 m uphill ...

preferably with jumps, drops and other mtb loads
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 11:09:23 PM by ilyamaksimov »

Kactusdog

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2023, 01:11:56 AM »

Very nice! I just made the purchase myself, from AWST. Size Large for a 6 ft rider. 745 USD. Did you do any disassembly or servicing of the moving parts? I might check and grease the bearings when it arrives.

darkening

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2023, 03:43:55 AM »
Very nice! I just made the purchase myself, from AWST. Size Large for a 6 ft rider. 745 USD. Did you do any disassembly or servicing of the moving parts? I might check and grease the bearings when it arrives.

I've just disassembled links to see the bearings, they were smooth. So I just put everthing back and gone for a ride.

Wonder what kind of bushings AWST provide with its frame...

I might check and grease the bearings when it arrives.

I see no reason doing so. I will just replace bearing when these worn out.

you need to ride at least 2000 km and 20,000 m uphill ...

preferably with jumps, drops and other mtb loads

Do I have a deadline for this?

Kactusdog

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2023, 10:46:01 AM »
I've just disassembled links to see the bearings, they were smooth. So I just put everthing back and gone for a ride.

Wonder what kind of bushings AWST provide with its frame...

I see no reason doing so. I will just replace bearing when these worn out.

Just preventative for grit and creaking I guess. And how much was the Airwolf package?

aeroskiii

« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2023, 07:27:32 PM »

What shock did you use? And what tune?

wwwru

« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2023, 07:44:15 PM »

Lol. Just enjoy the damn thing! Good to see someone actually building this up. I gave up way to easy lol.

Andrey3336

« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2023, 03:03:23 AM »
Received mine today from Airwolf.

Can you tell me how long the delivery took?

darkening

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2023, 02:16:21 PM »
What shock did you use? And what tune?
Sidluxe ultimate rl. Bushings were custom made... Not sure about the tune, just pumped it to 120psi and gone for a ride. No creaks or sounds after 10hrs of riding.

Delivery took about 3 weeks.

Costs... You can check it on AliExpress yourself. It could be different for different regions (shipping rates).

Kactusdog

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2023, 04:21:59 PM »
Sidluxe ultimate rl. Bushings were custom made... Not sure about the tune, just pumped it to 120psi and gone for a ride. No creaks or sounds after 10hrs of riding.

Delivery took about 3 weeks.

Costs... You can check it on AliExpress yourself. It could be different for different regions (shipping rates).

The shock tune can be found engraved on the back of the shock, opposite side of the lockout lever. Would be good to share if possible, so can get a gauge on the tune that would be ideal for the frame and linkage.

I purchased a Fox DPS that’s 190x45mm, compression is Light, rebound is Medium. 3 position lock lever. I will share the feel once it is assembled. I weigh 178 lbs, and i’m 6 ft waiting on a size Large.

aeroskiii

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2023, 06:42:38 PM »
What it looks like raw

Kactusdog

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2023, 06:56:20 PM »
What it looks like raw

Nice. I had them paint mine the Sant Cruz grey. I’m ordering an all road from Carbonda in raw. Does
the frame look to have body filler on the carbon?

darkening

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2023, 10:27:36 PM »
The shock tune can be found engraved on the back of the shock, opposite side of the lockout lever. Would be good to share if possible, so can get a gauge on the tune that would be ideal for the frame and linkage.

Hope you are looking for this information? Btw, I weight 72kg, frame size M.

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/specs/28T23218794

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 10:51:47 PM by darkening »

darkening

« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2023, 10:34:28 PM »
This is how mine hand-mande adjusted bushings looks like. I have to buy\order precice machined...could not find correct sizes online yet. Linkage and frame do use 8mm bolt.

aeroskiii

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2023, 08:42:40 AM »
Nice. I had them paint mine the Sant Cruz grey. I’m ordering an all road from Carbonda in raw. Does
the frame look to have body filler on the carbon?
[/quote
The frame looks a bit scratchy when it comes but gets polished up naturally as you continue.