Author Topic: LightCarbon LCFS958 with Remote Lockout build by PMass  (Read 593 times)

PMass

LightCarbon LCFS958 with Remote Lockout build by PMass
« on: September 21, 2022, 11:16:42 PM »
Just complete my Chiner frame build. I haven't found any history or write-ups of an LCFS958 that utilize the remote lockout feature, so I figured I'd share my build specs. I wanted to mimic features of the Scott Spark. The biggest challenge with this build was figuring out the specs of the rear shock. It took a decent amount of research. Once I figured out what I needed I bought a donor shock or $235 USD off ebay and sent it to Fox Factory service center for rebuild and customization. The cost to do this customization  was $345 USD.

29er China Frame build by PMass:
19" Pearl White LightCarbon LCFS958 Frame.
Travel = 140mm front / 130mm rear.

Manitou Mattoc Pro front fork, customized for remote lockout. I already had this fork on hand, so I rigged it for 3 position lockout instead of buying a new fork to keep costs down. Technically the Mattoc Pro does not come OEM configured for remote lockout. So I had to do some customizing to make it work. You can use a Fox fork instead that is designed out of the box for 3 position remote lockout.

Fox Float DPS 165x45 rear shock. Customized by Fox Factory to work in this frame for 3 position remote lockout. Details = push to lock, remote position down, Linear Compression Medium, Linear Rebound Medium, Climb Mode Firm, 0.8 Volume Spacer.

Carbon wheels from LC.

SRAM GX Derailleur, Shifter, and Cassette.

SRAM XX1 carbon crank.

Shimano XT clipless pedals.

PNW Components Loam 150mm dropper post.

SQLabs handlebars.

ODI grips.

Scott Twinloc 2 remote with 3 position suspension lockout and dropper post remote.

SRAM Guide Ultimate brake levers with Code R calipers.

Ergon SM Enduro saddle.

Remedy 7

Re: LightCarbon LCFS958 with Remote Lockout build by PMass
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:15:33 AM »
Great job! Looks like a fun build.

Can’t wait to get started on mine. I had even considered white, good to see it before I make the plunge!

Let us know how it rides!