Author Topic: What's your ERC(Every Ride Carry)? Show me what your ride kit looks like.  (Read 1176 times)

Queen of Skulls

I starting put together a kit for rides. So I am trying figure out what I need with me. Besides and extra tube and pump and maybe patches. i am learning the hand roll method so I wont need levers. I don't know what I really need and what I don't. Also It would be helpful for all of us. SO what is your every ride carry?

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

holmosapien

Re: What's your ERC(Every Ride Carry)? Show me what your ride kit looks like.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 03:44:14 PM »
  • Tube patch kit (in case I can find the hole)
  • Tube (in case I can't)
  • CO2 inflator
  • Two CO2 cartridges
  • Tire lever
  • Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack
  • 7 mm allen key for thru-axle
  • Extra quick-link for chain

It all fits nicely inside my saddle bag, except for the tire bead jack, which I carry in my jersey pocket. The hand roll method is nice, but I seem to get a flat once a month and the bead jack turns the entire tube change into an effortless 5 minute task.

00Garza

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 07:31:59 PM »
Bead jack changed my life! Highly recommend!

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 12:21:06 AM »
I doubt the bead jack  would be usable carbon wheels. I am planning on going full carbon. But I will check it out for my current cheepo bike shaped object.

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

s3si1u

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 01:23:37 AM »
I use the bead jack on my carbon rims, can confirm no problem.

I use one of the bottle cage storage bottle things and normally carry:
Tube
Co2 inflator with 1 cartridge
Old quick link and a piece of brake cable
Cash, $10-20
Multi-tool
I even manage to fit my car keys and airpod case in there

For multi tools I would suggest one with as many functions as possible. I use a Topeak (Hexus? I think) that includes allen keys up to 8mm, tire levers, valve core remover, chain breaker, chain hook thingy, torx, etc. They're actually quite small and has more functions than I'll ever need, and they make some with even more finctions. Strongly suggest not omitting tire levers, roadside repairs without them are no fun when you're tired, especially on super tight tires

I sometimes bring a drawstring backpack and shove all that stuff in it plus more if I'm going for a long ride or plan on making stops. Honestly, I barely notice it on my back and I prefer that to shoving a bunch of things in my pockets
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 01:34:32 AM by s3si1u »
Instagram: @aerosloth

bamboo_mountain

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 07:56:04 AM »
I keep it pretty basic, but I hardly ever have problems.
  • Multitool with chain breaker
  • Spare tube
  • Tire levers x2
  • Mini pump with a few wraps of electrical tape around it
  • Glueless patch kit
  • Tire boot
  • Extra quick link
  • Dynaplug (if tubeless)

madmax

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 08:55:51 AM »
Waterfield jersey case  (Highly recommended, these are made locally in San Francisco & very durable)

Large/Pro Max size / Grizzly Leather
https://www.sfbags.com/products/jersey-pocket-tool-case

1. Conti Tube 60mm + 20mm extenders

2. ParkTool ($13)
    (buy this with the bag above)

3. LEZYNE Pocket Drive Pro Mini Bicycle Hand Pump
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R7ZJYSY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1&psc=1

4. PRO BIKE TOOL 20 in 1 Bike Multitool
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08KPYBKJ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

5. iPhone 12 Pro Max

6. Mini co2 inflator & cartridge
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Z336MHD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

9. Quick patch

10. Park Tool tire levers or conti slim ones

All the above fits into that one bag, so I don't bother with saddlebags anymore.
I also use old bike tubes & cut them up & wrap them around co2 cannisters or wrap around the above park tool for a good grip & less rattling.

kbike

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2022, 10:29:13 AM »
It's dependant on ride.

Road
RideNow tube
Co2
Levers
Valve Extenders
3,4,5,6 Allen keys
Phone, id, credit card. Zip lock baggie

Gravel
2 RideNow gravel tubes
Dynaplug and razer blade
Quick links
Zip ties and rubber bands
Multi tool
2 co2
Latex gloves
Patches

RDY

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 10:47:14 AM »
2 x Ultrasonic blasters (dog scarers)
1 x Can of CS gas (same reason)
2 x CO2 and head
1 x plug kit
1 x multitool
1 x Tube and tire levers (not that I'm ever likely to use them as I run foam inserts on all my bikes)
cash / phone / cards

jannmayer

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 01:25:23 PM »
I keep my CamelBak loaded with supplies for road, gravel, and mountain rides, so I can simply grab that and not have to rearrange to much for whatever I'm going to ride. I even take it for short rides where I won't need much water.

I have:

• Patch kit (I never use while riding, it's only for the rides with way too many flats)
  • Tubes (two for long road rides, one for mountain or gravel. I usually keep one of each in the bag so I can simply grab it and go for my short lunchtime rides.)
  • Tire levers
  • Multitool with hex and Torx bits (Some cheap one, doesn't really matter)
  • Chain tool
  • Cable ties (haven't used one while riding yet, but sometimes they can come in really handy)
  • A few miscellaneous hex wrenches (Probably don't need these any more. I first started doing this when I realized I couldn't tighten the chainring bolts on my old road bike without a second wrench on the back.)
  • Pump
  • Small washcloth (This is for cleaning glasses if they get really sweaty. I've also used it when my eyes are stinging from salt or sunscreen and it's a lifesaver.)
  • Really small spoke wrench (haven't used this either, and probably not so important with disc brakes)
I do not have any spare quick links, but I really should. I'll add that to my list.

madmax

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 04:25:30 PM »
In a lighter vein, my wife was looking for a saddle bag & I realize it had to accommodate the following items    :D
I'm sure some of you may have faced a similar issue..

• Tubes
  • CO2 cartridge
  • Tire Lever
  • Energy bar
  • iPhone
  • Sunscreen
  • Lip Balm
  • Hairbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Hairdryer
  • Reading glasses

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 07:59:05 PM »
In a lighter vein, my wife was looking for a saddle bag & I realize it had to accommodate the following items    :D
I'm sure some of you may have faced a similar issue..

• Tubes
  • CO2 cartridge
  • Tire Lever
  • Energy bar
  • iPhone
  • Sunscreen
  • Lip Balm
  • Hairbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Hairdryer
  • Reading glasses

You know you can get the dyson super compact hair dryer for only like 500 bucks. its great for that size and power. You have to spend the money on quality tools and for that wait savings. But you can also get one on aliexpress for like $50 or $100 for all the accessories. It isn't as snappy/ feels sluggish and not as stiff as the real dyson but you wont get dropped from the fast group.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803592682993.html

In all seriousness I am kinda wanting it now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 08:06:14 PM by Queen of Skulls »

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 10:49:30 PM »
Does anyone carry torque drivers with them?  wouldn't it be good for carbon bike to have. I found one on aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804147097684.html

madmax

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2022, 12:17:02 AM »
Does anyone carry torque drivers with them?  wouldn't it be good for carbon bike to have. I found one on aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804147097684.html

Just get a good quality one. I have this one below and others from the same brand and park tool
This brand below is as good as parktool and accurate,which is important since you don’t want to over tighten and screw up the frame

https://www.amazon.com/PRO-BIKE-TOOL-Adjustable-Torque/dp/B08BQ6QV5K?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

I don’t carry any torque tools on the ride as I can get stuff snug enough if I need to and torque it to spec when I’m back at the car or at home

I think you will be ok with a basic tube,patch, etc for a regular bike ride. I would recommend the parktool mini tool
It’s worth it for $13 and very well made

darc16

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 02:41:40 PM »
Seems like I dont bring much on my rides

Tube
patch kit
Levers
3,4,5,6 Allen keys
Phone, id, credit card (in jersey pockets)