Author Topic: SROAD lightweight cassettes  (Read 14789 times)

Serge_K

Re: SROAD lightweight cassettes
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2024, 10:58:00 AM »
Got that in the mail this AM, to replace a steel & alu cassette. It died after 5000-8000km (2/3 flat, so probably 2/3 on the steel cogs), waxed chain. The smaller alu cogs started skipping a few rides ago. I think i used that cassette on my gravel bike last year (hence the 5000-8000km delta). I think i paid 45 eur for the steel & alu k7, and 70 eur for the new all steel one, so let's see if it lasts that much longer.
Weights are very similar.
Fast on the flat. And nowhere else.

SillyMochi

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2024, 11:01:37 AM »
That is one dirty scale :D

Let me know how your shifting is. Have the same cassette and one gear just doesn't want to play nice ...
Which derailleur are you using this one on? The Ltwoo?

Serge_K

« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2024, 11:15:44 AM »
You have a point! in real life, it's really not that bad :) The jar in the corner isn't piss either, for the record, but kombucha...
using ltwoo er9 RD. i've been very happy with shifting performance / noise with the previous cassette, and i've setup 5 such groups so i'm confident if it can work well, i'll get it to work well.
I'll revert after a few rides.

Sebastian

« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2024, 02:06:36 PM »
Very interested to hear your opinion on this combo, @Serge.
Given all the experience you got with these groupsets.

Like I said, I’m using the same combo. And while it works, I’m not impressed. If your experience is the same then maybe indeed the cassette is to blame. But my bike also doesn’t really shift better with one of those cheap Sunshine cassettes on the turbo. But I’m curious to try the LTWOO group with a Shimano cassette and see what happens.

SillyMochi

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2024, 02:19:58 PM »
I might throw a spare Ultegra CS-R8100 on my bike to see if that makes a difference or if my general setup is to blame.

amphibulus

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2024, 11:37:56 PM »
Maybe they are better on 11 speeds. On my 105 di2 (12speeds) it was not shifting right. I was able to return the cassette for a refund. I have done a couple of ride on the original 105 cassette and everything is back to normal (after few adjustment).

It seems like Goldix is not the one, at least with di2. I don't know if it's the spacing between the cog that is off or if it's the tooth profile. It indeed look very different from the Shimano. Now thinking of getting the dura ace to save some weight.

Serge_K

« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2024, 04:38:58 PM »
for reference, my dead cassette looks like that. on 2-3 cogs, i feel like i m seeing the "shark tooth" shape that indicates a dead cassette. shark teeth or not, it skips, which is both very frustrating and super dangerous.

bichler.bua

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2024, 08:41:10 AM »
Got that in the mail this AM, to replace a steel & alu cassette. It died after 5000-8000km (2/3 flat, so probably 2/3 on the steel cogs), waxed chain. The smaller alu cogs started skipping a few rides ago. I think i used that cassette on my gravel bike last year (hence the 5000-8000km delta). I think i paid 45 eur for the steel & alu k7, and 70 eur for the new all steel one, so let's see if it lasts that much longer.
Weights are very similar.
@Serge_K
Is this the one sold under ZTTO or Goldix or ... on AliExpress?
Very interested to see how these hold up

Serge_K

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2024, 09:15:34 AM »
got the new one on goldix store on aliexpress. i've now done a handful of rides on the new one. i had to re-calibrate quite a few gears (which seems fair, different cassette, slightly different spacing), but it's already pretty much flawless, especially the easier cogs when shifting under load (doing vo2max efforts uphill).

Takiyaki

« Reply #69 on: Today at 10:52:57 AM »
Any more experience with the new Goldix cassettes? Just ordered an 11-34 11 speed to use with an Ultegra mechanical RD + 1x.

jonathanf2

« Reply #70 on: Today at 10:58:47 AM »
Any more experience with the new Goldix cassettes? Just ordered an 11-34 11 speed to use with an Ultegra mechanical RD + 1x.

Still using mine and no complaints. Best all-steel road cassettes on AliExpress. It doesn't shift as well as Shimano, but it still shifts very well. I'm using mine with the ER9, so performance might vary with mechanical shifters.

I wish they'd do more variations of the design though. An 11-36t and some 10t XD variations would also be nice.