Author Topic: Raceline Hider / Cinelli Pressure  (Read 2601 times)

patliean1

Re: Raceline Hider / Cinelli Pressure
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2022, 07:04:49 AM »
I’m regularly blown away with the insight you guys bring to this forum. Thank you!

Silly question - What’s the different between Top Carbon and iCAN/Triaero? Is one an OEM factory and the other an agent/brand? I’ve been considering testing out a Speeder R49D or R52D frame, but now am tempted for a TCRF040 / iCAN A40 instead.

patliean1

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2022, 03:50:56 PM »
Road CC Cinelli Pressure Review

https://road.cc/content/review/cinelli-pressure-disc-ultegra-11x-hydro-bike-292547

"After a bit of research, I've discovered it's common knowledge the Pressure uses an open-mold frame, which means that it's basically an off-the-shelf-option. Many brands do this to reduce costs, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There can still be a certain amount of customisation in the carbon lay-ups the bike manufacturer specifies, which will tweak stiffness and ride quality – and as I've mentioned, the Cinelli scores well on both of these points.

At a claimed 990g for the Toray T700 frame (size Medium) and 390g for the fork, its weight isn't too shabby either."

RDY

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 04:34:16 PM »
Road CC Cinelli Pressure Review

https://road.cc/content/review/cinelli-pressure-disc-ultegra-11x-hydro-bike-292547

"After a bit of research, I've discovered it's common knowledge the Pressure uses an open-mold frame, which means that it's basically an off-the-shelf-option. Many brands do this to reduce costs, and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. There can still be a certain amount of customisation in the carbon lay-ups the bike manufacturer specifies, which will tweak stiffness and ride quality – and as I've mentioned, the Cinelli scores well on both of these points.

At a claimed 990g for the Toray T700 frame (size Medium) and 390g for the fork, its weight isn't too shabby either."

You can tell Cinelli didn't pay them for that review, and they were made an example of ... 5/10 and aired that it was open mould.  Which they NEVER do.

patliean1

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 07:46:50 PM »
You can tell Cinelli didn't pay them for that review, and they were made an example of ... 5/10 and aired that it was open mould.  Which they NEVER do.

I legitimately laughed out loud from reading your comment. This is why I appreciate when senior forum members chime in on these discussions.

It's funny because it highlights precisely why media outlets like GCN never give blatantly negative reviews, unless the product threatens their corporate sponsorships. So basically any brand from China/Far East. I still remember their whimsical and rather offensive video they promoted for Winspace.

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 10:50:10 PM »
I legitimately laughed out loud from reading your comment. This is why I appreciate when senior forum members chime in on these discussions.

It's funny because it highlights precisely why media outlets like GCN never give blatantly negative reviews, unless the product threatens their corporate sponsorships. So basically any brand from China/Far East. I still remember their whimsical and rather offensive video they promoted for Winspace.

is that the brake the wheels one?
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

patliean1

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 09:51:19 AM »
Update...

So I reached out to both Top Carbon (TCRF040) and ICAN (A40)

Top Carbon asked me what my "bike company name" was, meaning they only sell their frames to businesses. Makes sense if they're the OEM.

ICAN quoted me:
USD $740/set ,including frame ,fork ,handlebar, stem, headset, hanger
Shipping to USA by Fedex ,USD $138 (7-15days)

Their customer service was very pleasant. And not only did they include a few photos of the frame in their reply, but they also attached a full fledge pdf/manual of the specs including weight of all the individual components (bearings ect).

$900 shipped is probably more than what folks would expect to pay. However, it's clear they are slightly above the bargain bin Chinese frames.