Author Topic: Magene P505 PES Base Spider Powermeter  (Read 9396 times)

Sebastian

Re: Magene P505 PES Base Spider Powermeter
« Reply #75 on: Today at 04:13:20 AM »
Hey guys how do you check pm with your indoor trainer, U use Erg for that? When I put my bike on my wahoo kicker in ERG training mode the magene pm shows around 10-15 watts less then kickr - so I need to put power slope in magene app at 105%. When I use it in normal mode then difference is not that big and power slope is around 102%. This is my first power meter and it is strange to me as all the reviews online say that pes p505 pm crankset is spot on. Any ideas what should I do? I did 5 spin backwards before measuring ofcourse.

Spot on compared to what?
You will always get somewhat different readings with different powermeters. You should decide what your baseline powermeter should be and then adjust your other device's power slopes accordingly. That's what I did. My Magene P505 reads less than my Favero Assiomas. I trust the Assiomas more so I adjustet my Magene to match them. My Elite Suito trainer is way off anyway. Since both my road bikes have power meters I don't even bother with the power readings that my trainer delivers.

Serge_K

Re: Magene P505 PES Base Spider Powermeter
« Reply #76 on: Today at 04:28:24 AM »
fwiw, i never found a material difference between my vector 2s and my elite direto, nor with my elite suito. i didn't want to spend more to get a dual side vector because unless you have a medical history of some kind, coaches report that people are symmetric enough.