Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 138407 times)

TidyDinosaur

Noticing that quite a few things on Aliexpress had their prices reduced like that Zniino gravel handlebar. From my wishlist, cues groupset has dropped by 7 bucks, a saddle by 2, and small bits like olives, barbs, screws are all down marginally.
You are right, I am also seeing prices dropping a little bit... But a lot of items are also getting rather high shipping, sometime more than what the item is worth... The times of free shipping are over it seems  ::)

Vipassana

You are right, I am also seeing prices dropping a little bit... But a lot of items are also getting rather high shipping, sometime more than what the item is worth... The times of free shipping are over it seems  ::)

Which is interesting, because shipping rates for trans-Pacific shipping are nearly back to pre-COVID levels.

coffeebreak

For a change I bought Rhinowalk bag v/s my go to Rockbros. It was delivered yesterday and I quickly drilled holes into it to make it bolt-on type. While the waterproofing is arguably better, overall casing and ability to hold the shape is questionable because the material is flappy. It looks great, and has nice thick padding on the bottom. I just wish there was some reinforcement to the side walls too.

jonathanf2

4 TPU tubes + patch kit for less than $13 USD:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805240823049.html

I haven't tried this brand yet, though I feel RideNow TPU tubes are fairly mature now with most of the kinks ironed out. With the price of TPU tubes dropping, I really have no desire to go tubeless on my road bike (though I run tubeless on my gravel bike).

Wet Noodle

With the price of TPU tubes dropping

I watched something similar with RideNow 29er tubes the last few days with prices moving well below 10 bucks for one piece shipped, while, not long ago, I would have to pay 15...18 Euros for a single piece or buy in bulk and add a coupon and a little coin discount to maybe, just maybe, get the per-piece price down to the 11...13 Euro range. I can't find any of those very noticeably cheap offers (<< 10 Eu) any more, but the price definitely has gone down compared to what was common a little while ago.

hsaus

4 TPU tubes + patch kit for less than $13 USD:

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805240823049.html

I purchased a set of these Newboler tubes recently. One didn't hold air at all - a leak near the valve. The other failed after the second time I inflated it - it was flat the morning after. Luckily I got a quick refund from the seller. This was in two different wheel/tyre combos, with brand new tyres.

jonathanf2

I purchased a set of these Newboler tubes recently. One didn't hold air at all - a leak near the valve. The other failed after the second time I inflated it - it was flat the morning after. Luckily I got a quick refund from the seller. This was in two different wheel/tyre combos, with brand new tyres.

Yikes, not good to hear. I recently ordered the set of 4. I just plan to throw these in my saddle bag for emergency use. I do feel the RideNow TPU tubes have improved considerably since they were first released. Each batch seems to improve on overall fit and durability.

coffeebreak

I'm guessing there are two types of these ultralight tubes - one made by RideNow and others by Cyclami and Newboler or such. The Cyclami ones were pretty terrible. I have them sitting in reserve too. They just don't hold air, so may be good for after flat repair to get to home.

jonathanf2

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805023659024.html

Lexon has a carbon 3D printed saddle on sale. This is the cheapest carbon version I've seen. Most AliEx searches deceptively shows the non-carbon saddle price while the carbon version is priced much higher.

TidyDinosaur

Lexon has a carbon 3D printed saddle on sale. This is the cheapest carbon version I've seen. Most AliEx searches deceptively shows the non-carbon saddle price while the carbon version is priced much higher.

Yeah, Ali sellers pull that "scam" with so much items now. I hate it... It has come so far that you just can't know the price of an item in your search results without clicking on it... And sometimes it is just ridiculous... Like showing a crank and the price is only for the bolts or something...

Tijoe

These "baiting" low prices associated with a different version of the product happens in many Aliexpress stores, it isn't limited to bicycle parts.  I used to think, "WOW, look at that good price for that item",  I open the link and see that the low price is for a different item than shown in the picture in their advertisement.  It is so common that I no longer get excited and don't get suckered into opening the link in the first place, unless I am looking for that specific item, in which case I will be looking at many stores and reviews to find the best rated seller at the best price. 

sbellote

I have these on my bike for bit over a month now, unfortunately couldn't ride so much as I used to but got about 35h on them
gotta say the material and finishing quality surprised me a bit, got some micro resin failures in the back which have no impact other than visual, and some glue excess which also have no bad effect. The carbon bonding is what got me, the rail is really well bonded to the saddle, not just like 'glued' as it's with most cheap carbon saddles (which I had 3 or 4)

just don't expect too much of the 3D web, it seems to be the same through all the area of the saddle, not like the Specialized, Fizik and others which have different layering and density depending on the area for different support - but, of course, what you'd expect for that price?
it's still a very decent saddle and it's comfortable, I think was an ok cost to try it and am happy with it (by now, at least)

coffeebreak

Does the mesh style top not get dirty? It looks like nightmare to clean

jonathanf2

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Maybe the occasional leaf blower session can clear it out!

sbellote

I ride road only so it's a non-issue (at least by now), so mostly the dirt and grime stays in the wheels and frame but not up to the saddle. I tested throwing some water in the 3D structure and it drained well through the sides, but am not sure if it can clean a lot...

for mtb or even gravel, I think would be something to be much more concerned about, though. If it's only dirt, maybe some water would be enough, but sure would be a nightmare if the dirt gets really inside the structure - probably would need to remove it, let it inside a bucket deep in water for something to soften, then get out and be able to get it clean..