Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 138517 times)

RDY

Anyone know of a quality Ali alternative to the Altangle travel bike stand clampy thing?  I have an Altangle for home, but would prefer something cheaper for actual travel.

Kind of amazed that there doesn't seem to be a Rockbros or similar version.

electrolux

I recently switched to narrow drop bars which didn't fit my bar clamp gps mount, so I had to get a stem gps mount. I ordered the OG-EVKIN stem gps mount and the quality is top notch. The carbon mount is well-machined and solid and the mounting hardware is very good. It even comes with a pair of M5x30mm rainbow titanium screws.

I'm really impressed by the quality of hardware coming from both LEXON/RYET and now OG-EVKIN. There's a lot of shade/hate being thrown at AliEx bike gear, but at this rate this stuff is going to surpass western brands.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804856697418.html

These were utter trash for me. The plastic hardware cracked apart after a couple of rides. The carbon mount itself was fine but useless without the plastic light holder and GPS twist bracket.

jonathanf2

These were utter trash for me. The plastic hardware cracked apart after a couple of rides. The carbon mount itself was fine but useless without the plastic light holder and GPS twist bracket.

I'm surprised they cracked. I mount my computer and light with no issue. I don't see how the plastic mounts differ from any other Garmin/Wahoo mount bracket?

electrolux

I'm surprised they cracked. I mount my computer and light with no issue. I don't see how the plastic mounts differ from any other Garmin/Wahoo mount bracket?
They were made of incredibly brittle plastic and the tabs which are slightly sprung to mount in the quarter turn notches fatigued. The light mount just cracked and my light fell off.

Luckily the tracking didnt update and I was able to open a dispute after a month for a full refund.

jonathanf2

They were made of incredibly brittle plastic and the tabs which are slightly sprung to mount in the quarter turn notches fatigued. The light mount just cracked and my light fell off.

Luckily the tracking didnt update and I was able to open a dispute after a month for a full refund.

Is it possible you over tightened the screws? From this angle they look far more screwed in than with my setup. My screws are more recessed. Also my kit came with two screw types, a set with a flat hex top and another with a slightly curved top. I used the flat headed hex screws.

Anyways, I'll monitor my setup. I have this mount on both my gravel and road bikes with no issues so far.

electrolux

Is it possible you over tightened the screws? From this angle they look far more screwed in than with my setup. My screws are more recessed. Also my kit came with two screw types, a set with a flat hex top and another with a slightly curved top. I used the flat headed hex screws.

Anyways, I'll monitor my setup. I have this mount on both my gravel and road bikes with no issues so far.
I had not considered that, could be possible. I will bear it in mind when I install the new mount.

electrolux

Any suggestions for front lights? Needs to have an underside gopro mount
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 03:49:42 PM by electrolux »

killerrabbit

Recently got a gaciron 1600 for gravel. Seems well built and they do sell go pro mount as well.
Apart from that I like Xoss.

sbellote

I got a Gaciron V9M-1000 lumen and it works really well, the quality actually impressed me, aluminum body, easy to operate... just the battery could be bigger, when at 1k lumen mode it dies rather quickly (~1hr), but it can be charged while using so you could connect it to a power bank if needed.
It can attach to gopro mount through an adapter (bought in separate) and it has a quick-release, which is really practical. I think most Gaciron lights are like that, I recommend the brand since I also see it being well reviewed around other forums

Gaciron is more cost-efficient than MagicShine or Infitnix, for example, but if you want something cheaper try looking at Towild, which I also see being well reviewed. Rockbros or Thinkrider could also be options, they're not the manufacturers but have a bunch of models

got this new launch from IGPSports, the BSC300 for around USD 120 https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005005670708376.html
update on this, received last week, had 2 rides on it. It works really well, easy to operate. The screen is very nice, easy to read, colored. The navigation, which was the main motive I got it, is really nice too, it shows you're out of route and helps you getting back (while not rerouting, just pointing to the direction of the route)
overall a really good option for the price, considering that to go up a tier you need to double the price (or almost)

capybara95129

The navigation, which was the main motive I got it, is really nice too, it shows you're out of route and helps you getting back (while not rerouting, just pointing to the direction of the route)
overall a really good option for the price, considering that to go up a tier you need to double the price (or almost)

Does it let you rejoin at a different part of the course, or insist you return to where you left the course to rejoin?

sbellote

Does it let you rejoin at a different part of the course, or insist you return to where you left the course to rejoin?
no matter where you rejoin, it'll update for what's left on the route

when you're out of route but it's still on screen, it doesn't do anything, it just shows you're out on the map and you can go ahead and rejoin or simply choose another path, it just doesn't reroute, see example here
if you then move away from the route until it's out of screen, then an arrow shows up, pointing to the closest direction to rejoin the route, see here. This arrow goes away when you're like >1km far away from the route, or something like that

00Garza

More and more sellers are listing 3d printed saddles. Prices are dropping significantly from the early postings I saw. Might have to try one soon.

Vipassana

More and more sellers are listing 3d printed saddles. Prices are dropping significantly from the early postings I saw. Might have to try one soon.

Seen any in white? It's my theme on my builds, but I can't find a 3D printed one.

00Garza

Seen any in white? It's my theme on my builds, but I can't find a 3D printed one.

Here’s this.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $47.65  43% Off | RYET 3D Printed Bicycle Saddle For Mountain Road Bike Cycling Seat Hollow Carbon Fiber Ultralight Comfortable Breathable MTB
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mN4UhNG

kbernstein

You can have a look on the used market for these. There are many in my country going for 30-40, cheaper than the aliexpress cheapest simply because people didn't like them.
Shame they only offer 150mm ish versions