Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 139320 times)

numberzero

Hello i'm looking for two bleeding kits, i need one for sram (dot) one for shimano (mineral).

On ali i find the EZMTB-Kit or the WinterZSuffANGRI-Kit.
Are they ok, which one do you recommend, or do you have other solutions?

TidyDinosaur

Hello i'm looking for two bleeding kits, i need one for sram (dot) one for shimano (mineral).

On ali i find the EZMTB-Kit or the WinterZSuffANGRI-Kit.
Are they ok, which one do you recommend, or do you have other solutions?

I have the EZMTB it and it works OK.

kubackje

My gravel bike has been begging for some new wheels  :'(
I snagged these Ryet gravel wheels for around $385 US after coupon stacking: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805170124710.html
I was leaning toward Elite Wheels ENT/SLT/SLR but ultimately decided for Ryet as I prefer the wider internal rim width and lack of logos.

Anyone have experience with these?

Did u get the wheels? Any review possible?

nickobec

Plus the wahoo insert interfaced much worse than the garmin one.... For my wahoo.
Just fitted my OG-Evkin mount today, snapped in my wahoo with a satisfying click, was solid for my short ride, took the wahoo out and this was the result

a close up of the damaged tab

also not happy with the spacers between stem and mount they deform below 5nm. (happened with the cheap alloy ones, which have other problems)

hagerd

Did u get the wheels? Any review possible?

I've ridden these for a season with no issues, I put them through their paces running a few blue rating mountain bike trails. One thing to note is these are hookless, when I bought them it wasn't clear in the Ali page.

kubackje

I've ridden these for a season with no issues, I put them through their paces running a few blue rating mountain bike trails. One thing to note is these are hookless, when I bought them it wasn't clear in the Ali page.

Yes but hookles gravel/mtb is not an issue due to low pressure. Road is where it's not good.

hagerd

Yes but hookles gravel/mtb is not an issue due to low pressure. Road is where it's not good.

The issue isnt hookless, the issue is it wasnt clear that it was or not. I does look like they cleaned up the page now.

Froglover825

Just fitted my OG-Evkin mount today, snapped in my wahoo with a satisfying click, was solid for my short ride, took the wahoo out and this was the result

also not happy with the spacers between stem and mount they deform below 5nm. (happened with the cheap alloy ones, which have other problems)
These mounts are always dodgy, i'd recommend you message the seller and ask for replacement.
If they rattle around fix some layers of masking tape and it gets the job done i've found.

BalticSea

Ordered these tubeless wheels in 45/50 profile:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKtMiaq
Will see how it goes. Chose seller's shipping method, so hopefully it is DPD. Paid 480€ with coupon code, which is a nice deal
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 02:50:00 AM by BalticSea »

TidyDinosaur

Ordered these tubeless wheels in 45/50 profile:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKtMiaq
Will see how it goes. Chose seller's shipping method, so hopefully it is DPD. Paid 480€ with coupon code, which is a nice deal

I have got their gravel wheels in 45mm with novatec hubs. I use them on my road bike now. They are holding up nice but mine are prone to scratches it seems.
The logo's were just vinyl decals on mine, so those were removed pretty fast.

PLA

hey mate, my wahoo insert made a cracking sound every time i twisted it. i tried to file it down a bit so it was more tapered like my k edge, but it just became sloppy. removed it and threw the garmin one in instead and it fit way better for whatever reason.

and ... the gopro mount of mine completely crumbled under next to no torque, threw my k edge gopro mount on instead which fit thankfully. og evkin refunded me but whatever. i think it's a bit of a sh*t company to be 100% honest.

sbellote

my experience with this mount is the opposite, really positive overall. I had issues with the cheap alloy computer mount, tried 2 different ones then decided to go with this one from Og-Evkin
since the first install, no issues, but I use the garmin mount so could be a problem with the wahoo specifically. Also mine is about 2yrs old so could be they changed something on the design and is generating this issues (also the comment above mine)

to be fair, the only issue I have is with the gopro/light support, I cannot get it 100% fixed, I leave it really tight and then when I'm riding it starts to come loose. Not a big issue, with the gopro is less of an issue really, with light (heavier) it can become annoying having to adjust the angle every few minutes

my suggestion is talk with the store, show them the photos, and ask for a replacement. They can send only that part of the mount, could be a quality issue with your sample specifically, too.
just wish you good luck, from other users experience the OG-Evkin communication is far from ideal

kbernstein

Since the topic is about out front mounts.. My thinkrider hinge broke last month (but was overall good) and because I was too lazy to contact support I bought a rockbros mount (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005305832809.html)
It's been horrible, incredibly wobbly, secure enough to ride but the GPS is loose and I'm afraid I might damage the quarterturn on the back. I've tried tightening more, less, swapping them but no luck. They sent me another one and it's the exact same. Support is advising me the mechanical equivalent of "Have you tried turning it off and back on?"
I know it's not my GPS because my old mount doesn't wobble at all (but I can't clamp it to my handlebars). I want to believe I'm doing something wrong with the assembly of the garmin chip into the bracket, has anyone ever had issues like this? Should I put locktite or similar? Surely they couldn't have sent me 2 faulty mounts in a row...
(By the way, wobbles aside the design is terrible too, they use the annoying rubber bands (that were too long and had to be cut...) to fit handlebars and there are no threads on the plastic bits, they instead include captive addons with a thread that you have to jam under, making the install a PITA. None of this is shown in the pictures

sbellote

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005006015619151.html
interesting new chinese HRM from Rockbros, the first rechargeable one from China that I see - the others all work with the cr2032 battery.
also, I'm not sure if Rockbros is already in the HRM game, never seen anything from them, so if it's indeed their 1st product in this line don't know how trustful it is. Let's see if some influencers receive it

I think most western brands work with cr2032 too, Wahoo I know has their top model with a rechargeable battery, Garmin I'm not sure

Maden

Since the topic is about out front mounts.. My thinkrider hinge broke last month (but was overall good) and because I was too lazy to contact support I bought a rockbros mount (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005305832809.html)
It's been horrible, incredibly wobbly, secure enough to ride but the GPS is loose and I'm afraid I might damage the quarterturn on the back. I've tried tightening more, less, swapping them but no luck. They sent me another one and it's the exact same. Support is advising me the mechanical equivalent of "Have you tried turning it off and back on?"
I know it's not my GPS because my old mount doesn't wobble at all (but I can't clamp it to my handlebars). I want to believe I'm doing something wrong with the assembly of the garmin chip into the bracket, has anyone ever had issues like this? Should I put locktite or similar? Surely they couldn't have sent me 2 faulty mounts in a row...

I'm 0/2 for Aliexpress mounts for my Wahoo... both of them had the issues out of the box. They somehow take a lot of resistance to twist in, but when locked, the computer wobbles with ~1mm of play. Very much like a chair whose legs are too short so it rocks diagonally. I'm starting to believe that the locking inserts that most sellers use are crap. I ended up going back to my KOM Cycling mount from Amazon, which was still relatively cheap and locks my computer smoothly with no play after 5000 miles of use.