Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 146336 times)

Exar

That Thomson post is very much a fake though, a lot heavier and not as nicely finished as the real ones. Don't be fooled by the pictures. I've started a dispute and got a full refund, so if anyone is in the market voor a 300+ gram Thomsonlike seatpost, let me know.

zxcvbnmjm

just curious, why did you open a dispute? what were you expecting?

Exar

Both the pictures and some reviews indicated it would be a genuine Thomson post. Aliexpress agreed with me on the dispute, so apparently I had a case there.

s3si1u

That Thomson post is very much a fake though, a lot heavier and not as nicely finished as the real ones. Don't be fooled by the pictures. I've started a dispute and got a full refund, so if anyone is in the market voor a 300+ gram Thomsonlike seatpost, let me know.

They're on Aliexpress for $20...I don't think anyone here is fooled by the pictures.
Instagram: @aerosloth

coffeebreak

I am actually surprised Aliexpress agreed for full refund and allowed to keep the item for free on the grounds that it was fake. It HAD to be fake. The way "elite" is printed on it...

sbellote

you guys are missing the point of Aliexpress' part on the dispute.
If the pictures were from an original product, and what arrived is (significantly) different, that's enough argument to sustain the dispute and a full refund. Also, in paper Aliexpress doesn't allow counterfeit/fake products, so that's also a strong argument

another thing is to buy something for a fraction of the original price and still expect it's indeed original, especially in Aliexpress where it's known to have fake products.
still, if the seller used photos from the original to try to sell his fake product, that's on them. Unfortunately a lot of people don't know how to differentiate and use a fake thinking it's an original, which is even a health hazard in some way

I don't know, there are arguments for both sides...

electrolux

Has anyone had any Shimano DN300 batteries off AliX? I'm wondering if they come with nobrand cells or something.

cramy

looking for a saddle bag, for small tools and tube, anything to recommend?

Eskae

Re: fake stuff on AliExpress, I was fully aware I was buying fakes and I bought them out of curiosity to see whether they were useable or trash.  The only stuff I asked for a refund on (and got said refund) were items that broke when being installed or arrived damaged.  I can see that folks might think Shimano / SRAM stuff sold on AliEx is legit, and agree that AliEx should refund folks if it's reasonable that the buyer could have been fooled.

I find it hard to believe that someone would think any of the bootlegs of Thomson, White Industries, Chris King, Paul Comp, or Ingrid are legit, not only because of where it's being sold but also because they're pricey boutique brands not manufactured in Asia.

Interesting to note that no-one seems to be bootlegging Campagnolo, NITTO, or Sugino stuff. 

nickobec

looking for a saddle bag, for small tools and tube, anything to recommend?
I prefer a saddle roll, for example
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005005037834823.html
there are plenty of others

been using two of them (tubed and tubeless have there own rolls) for 3 years

coffeebreak

Can anyone suggest me another bag (top tube only, ignore the frame bag) that has similar profile/style minus the green color of this Rockbros bag?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806235074575.html

Wish it was plain black. Everything else looks fine and having used many Rockbros products pretty sure this will be a good bag. Sigh.

PLA

Can anyone suggest me another bag (top tube only, ignore the frame bag) that has similar profile/style minus the green color of this Rockbros bag?
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806235074575.html

Wish it was plain black. Everything else looks fine and having used many Rockbros products pretty sure this will be a good bag. Sigh.

Profile attk-s has a similar shape and was recently on sale for $25.
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

coffeebreak

Got the Rockbros bag ultimately, will see how it goes with gold/black color of the frame.

Also noticed there's sale on random Elitewheels but in extremely limited quantities.

If you look around, you might find Edge and other pro disc sets for a good discount + you can stack Aliex coupon code on top (in the USA at least).