Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 147430 times)

kbernstein

Has anyone tried water bottles from ali? I'm getting tired of elite fly bottles.
Available in 620 and 750ml

hahel

I picked up a pair of  620ml "Redshift" bottles ca a year ago, they had a "silicon dioxide coating" equvialent of brandname "Purist" bottles.
They keep the water tasting good but the cap may be a bit a leaky if they lay flat. However i cant find them an Ali anymore, and iv'e been looking for other bottles with silicon dioxide, so i hope there is someone out there that kan give us a pointer to a good bottle.

TidyDinosaur

Has anyone tried water bottles from ali? I'm getting tired of elite fly bottles.
Available in 620 and 750ml

Those look good. Might pick a couple up myself. They seem to be the same as the Rapha branded ones you find all over Ali. Good reviews.

coffeebreak

Has anyone bought those Rapha bottles and used for some time? Do they smell? I have a bunch of different cheap bottles that have that peculiar smell. The only ones that don't have it are the Camelbak bought locally.

jonathanf2

For my road bikes, I only use Camelbak insulated bottles or Polar bottles for regular ones. I only use plastic bottle cages to minimize scratching. Also I found that you can hide scratches on insulated bottles if they have a clear plastic shell by using clear nail polish enamel.

Though for my gravel bike, I use these magnetic bottles because Southern California dirt/grit scratches bottles like crazy. So far they've held up well on bumpy single track trails. At this point I can recommend them for gravel, you just have to make sure you hear that magnetic snap to make sure they're attached. The only downsize is that they don't come insulated, so I have to put these bottles in the freezer the night before to make them ice cold.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832826242732.html

Greenred

My 2 cents on bottles and I don’t want to open a discussion about health here…

but with all concerns about BPA and it’s modifications and health concerns, I’m not exactly trusting entirely unregulated plastic bottle manufacturers from Aliexpress. I’m all in for unbranded Chinese products otherwise, but feel like that in this case it’s not exactly worth even the potential risk. After all normal branded bottles are so cheap in absolute terms.

jonathanf2

My 2 cents on bottles and I don’t want to open a discussion about health here…

but with all concerns about BPA and it’s modifications and health concerns, I’m not exactly trusting entirely unregulated plastic bottle manufacturers from Aliexpress. I’m all in for unbranded Chinese products otherwise, but feel like that in this case it’s not exactly worth even the potential risk. After all normal branded bottles are so cheap in absolute terms.

I wish there were more magnetic water bottle options, but I'm guessing Fidlock probably has a patent on that concept. It probably explains why there are little to no alternative magnetic water bottles. I only need them for off-road though, I'm okay with the standard water bottle for regular road use.

Tijoe

I purchased one of these on sale around 11-11 sale and it arrived crunched.  The plastic was a lot harder/brittle than I expected.  Not sure if extremely cold weather was one variable.  I kept the cap, and the plastic used in the cap is much harder than Camelbak, or other higher quality insulated bottles.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805546388682.html

TidyDinosaur

Those look good. Might pick a couple up myself. They seem to be the same as the Rapha branded ones you find all over Ali. Good reviews.
I ordered 2 yesterday.

jonathanf2

I needed to add more side visibility to my bikes and these reflector stickers work great. Buy from Pick 3 & Save for under $2 USD. In fact Pick 3 & Save is now my go-to for TPU tubes, lights and other small items. Some of the item are so cheap, I'm wonder how the f**k are they even making profit? Lol

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806177148369.html

sbellote

In fact Pick 3 & Save is now my go-to for TPU tubes, lights and other small items. Some of the item are so cheap, I'm wonder how the f**k are they even making profit? Lol
I remember Joe (ChinaCycling) mentioning that Aliexpress subsidizes the freight for lot's of parcels. Especially this kind of 'pick 3' and those 'generic' stores that sell lots of different items (like bibs and jerseys by a lot less than the official brand store), which seems to be items that are on Aliexpress warehouse ready to ship
so maybe it's not only freight but actually the items too that have discounts on Aliexpress expense... on some items they lose, but others they have a bigger margin. Because yeah, I don't think the sellers and brands can deal with this kind of sales and cheap prices all year round

coffeebreak

I couldn't find Ass Savers Winwing anymore but this came closest

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mN9n64K

I have been using the el cheapo ass saver under seat guard to a good effect, hoping this to provide some more protection on group rides.

Eddy_Twerckx

I just picked up one of these tools for $30 on sale and I have to say it's pretty cool. Probably completely unnecessary for most people but I get super OCD about my lever positioning and it helps getting them perfectly aligned. Also doubles as a RD hanger alignment tool.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806091720785.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.1f3c18027oqLbE&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

mirphak

that is basically the same tool to align the hanger :D

Wet Noodle

I just picked up one of these tools for $30 on sale and I have to say it's pretty cool. Probably completely unnecessary for most people but I get super OCD about my lever positioning and it helps getting them perfectly aligned. Also doubles as a RD hanger alignment tool.

That is a cool idea. I have similar issues with my handlebars possibly being not, like, 110 % perfectly centred and/or my brake levers being slightly out of symmetry (seriously, how f'ing hard can it be to put reference markings on every mounting surface with somewhat decent precision).

I just feel that using the top edge of the steerer tube as a datum kinda defeats the purpose (unless the steerer was cut to size in a lathe or something like that).