Author Topic: Interesting Aliexpress finds! - good deals, interesting stuff, new products etc!  (Read 146584 times)

jonathanf2

I have it on my Journeyer. It's pretty good, I like it. The flare is crazy though and really bad for LTwoo style shifters. I recently switched the LTwoo groupset to Microshift Sword and it's perfect.

Which size did you get the 440mm or 480mm version? I actually want to try the 440mm version on my road bike. On one of my local routes, there's a long flat stretch before climbing the hills. I can almost gain 7-10 miles in speed when going aero tucked. I figure these bars can get my body lower with less discomfort. Also the total weight comes out less as opposed to attaching aero bars to regular drop bars.

coffeebreak

Which size did you get the 440mm or 480mm version? I actually want to try the 440mm version on my road bike. On one of my local routes, there's a long flat stretch before climbing the hills. I can almost gain 7-10 miles in speed when going aero tucked. I figure these bars can get my body lower with less discomfort. Also the total weight comes out less as opposed to attaching aero bars to regular drop bars.

I got the 440. Those are already very wide for me but I guess for gravel that's the in thing. The drops are really shallow too. It will be interesting on a road bike. IMO 480 will be way too wide for road, definitely stick to 440. It's pretty hefty though - the sink in the front holds almost 10 lbs so it's over built. Something to keep in mind.

dsveddy

Just got a pair of Stone 110R2 chainrings delivered. These are the absolute-black style rings that are milled out on the outboard side. Really nice rings imo. They look shiny and tumbled to me. Favorite feature is that the female threads for the chainring bolts are integrated into the inner ring, not sure why (it’s not like there’s a clear advantage, maybe weight savings?) but it feels extra premium and lightweight. 

Crash217

Just got a pair of Stone 110R2 chainrings delivered. These are the absolute-black style rings that are milled out on the outboard side. Really nice rings imo. They look shiny and tumbled to me. Favorite feature is that the female threads for the chainring bolts are integrated into the inner ring, not sure why (it’s not like there’s a clear advantage, maybe weight savings?) but it feels extra premium and lightweight.

I got a pair of these recently as well and was extremely impressed by them as well.  Very pretty and super true.

BerndSon

Good to hear, also awaiting them in 46-32T configuration. Will combine them with a Magene P505 PES base crank to replace a 46-30T GRX600 set on my Gravelbike.
Its the closest match i could find (lowest number of teeth) matching with the regular 110BCD pattern and i am already curious how it will work out. Will also have to deal with some spacers in order to get it working with the front deralliuer and come as close as possible to the original q-factor of the GRX. Lets see

coffeebreak

Got the Rockbros bag ultimately, will see how it goes with gold/black color of the frame.

Also noticed there's sale on random Elitewheels but in extremely limited quantities.

If you look around, you might find Edge and other pro disc sets for a good discount + you can stack Aliex coupon code on top (in the USA at least).

Those wheels and that bag is here already.

Funny thing though, before placing the order I messaged another seller (AWST) and they said they are off for Chinese new year celebrations. I didn't place order with them but went ahead and got the Elitewheels for super cheap. No progress on it, no shipping for more than a week but I didn't message because of the new year.

Somehow on Saturday UPS knocked on the door and dropped them off - still no tracking on Aliexpress and order says in process still, yet to be shipped :S

As for the bag, it's good. No complaints about the quality. Rather small but goes well with the aero frameset. The color is also not green so that works for me too.

dsveddy

Good to hear, also awaiting them in 46-32T configuration. Will combine them with a Magene P505 PES base crank to replace a 46-30T GRX600 set on my Gravelbike.
Its the closest match i could find (lowest number of teeth) matching with the regular 110BCD pattern and i am already curious how it will work out. Will also have to deal with some spacers in order to get it working with the front deralliuer and come as close as possible to the original q-factor of the GRX. Lets see

I also bought the same configuration. Be prepared to remove your crankset, I had to remove mine to get the inner ring behind the power meter, since the inner diameter of the ring and the outer diameter of the power meter are so close in size.

jonathanf2

For brake and shift cables, I can't emphasize how good these gold cables are. On my Juin Tech F1 equipped bikes the gold brake cables feel more firm with no sponginess. I've also ordered their gold shift cables, but standard shift cables work fine for me.

This Newbike choice store has the cheapest prices that I've seen:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806126221795.html

coffeebreak

Can confirm the gold cables work excellent in general (I'm using them with Onirii hydro-mech and SRAM Red rim). I got them from a brand called "Heppe". I'm guessing they are all same.

On the same topic, avoid black ones those are rubbish. I got a set and the black coating is literally just color on top of regular cable. It's also not even. I had problem pushing it thru the housing because at one spot the color had a lump that I filed away.

jonathanf2

Can confirm the gold cables work excellent in general (I'm using them with Onirii hydro-mech and SRAM Red rim). I got them from a brand called "Heppe". I'm guessing they are all same.

On the same topic, avoid black ones those are rubbish. I got a set and the black coating is literally just color on top of regular cable. It's also not even. I had problem pushing it thru the housing because at one spot the color had a lump that I filed away.

Same goes for the red colored cables. They're basically just painted on as well. Either go with regular silver cables or these gold ones.

Here's another one. You can find these Riderace compression headset plugs on Pick 3 & Save for $1.99 USD (or less depending on sale). The type 2 version is very similar to the FSA headset compression plug which I find to be a superior design (the non-textured cylinder surface). Don't buy the type 1 version, I believe it's made to fit a wider stem tube diameter unless you're buying it for a MTB.

Just for reference, buy it instead from Pick 3 & Save:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806309182455.html

« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 11:13:36 AM by jonathanf2 »

coffeebreak

Rhinowalk has new bags out. I have a couple of their bags and they are a cut above rest of the Chinese bags including Rockbros which is generally quite popular.

These seem a little expensive though.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806302781342.html
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805986642275.html

RDY

Rhinowalk has new bags out. I have a couple of their bags and they are a cut above rest of the Chinese bags including Rockbros which is generally quite popular.

These seem a little expensive though.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806302781342.html
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805986642275.html

Eh ... I don't think they thought about the boa placement on the side of the top tube of that bag ...

ausmtb8989

Trying to optimized the way I carry my tool bag on the MTB.
Anyone know if there is an aliexpress equivalent of the Specialized swat bottle cage and tool holder?

coffeebreak

Can someone find an aero seatpost compatible Garmin Varia mount, especially for the kammtail/D shaped post?

The rubber mount held by two bands that came with Varia doesn't fit well on D tubes and frequently turns to either side of post.

jonathanf2

On a side note, does anyone know what gravel frame Rhinowalk used for their product shot? I like it!