Author Topic: Speeder SC-R52D  (Read 15072 times)

eeney

Re: Speeder SC-R52D
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2023, 02:26:19 AM »
I've just had some wheels arrive from Speeder.  Justin was responsive both on Skype and email throughout. I was super happy with the communications

svanimpe

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2023, 11:04:29 AM »
Same issue here. I've tried to contact them multiple times, through their website, and via email. I got exactly 0 responses for the past few months. Guess they don't want customers.

some guy

« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2023, 03:37:46 PM »
has anyone tried 30mm wheels on the R52D? do they fit?

agomezda

« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2023, 04:01:14 PM »
has anyone tried 30mm wheels on the R52D? do they fit?
I did try on 28mm tires on 21mm internal width wheels.
Fork no problem and rear, I have 4mm aprox on each side, so yes for road should be fine, but a tight fit.
Check the pictures yourself.
1st pic fork (25mm Schwalbe Pro Tubeless)
2nd pic on the rear (same tire but on 28mm)
Cheers!

some guy

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2023, 12:56:38 PM »
this is the 52D, right? https://www.parapera-bikes.de/our-bikes/atmos%C2%B2-gravelbike guess thats the reason why its not available in germany anymore :(

agomezda

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2023, 06:57:50 AM »
this is the 52D, right? https://www.parapera-bikes.de/our-bikes/atmos%C2%B2-gravelbike guess thats the reason why its not available in germany anymore :(

Good catch.Parapera Atmos2. Seems the same I would say but did you check the geometry table?
The geometry is a bit different. I think it is an slightly modified version to fit 34mm tires.
In my Speeder 52D 30mm yes, but 34mm I dont think so… Interesting in any case…
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 08:53:19 AM by agomezda »

some guy

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2023, 09:09:03 AM »
Good catch.Parapera Atmos2. Seems the same I would say but did you check the geometry table?
The geometry is a bit different. I think it is an slightly modified version to fit 34mm tires.
In my Speeder 52D 30mm yes, but 34mm I dont think so… Interesting in any case…

i do believe the atmos uses a slightly different design since it can fit 34mm tires and the geometry differs in a few spots i noticed, but only for 1 to 3mm

bonato

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2023, 02:29:53 AM »
Just finished my build using leftover parts from my 2021 Trek Checkpoint (I had a full GRX mechanical groupset and 50MM DT240 Farsports wheelset on-hand). Frameset took 3 months from payment date to get shipped and shipping itself took approximately 2 weeks to get delivered here in California. First build from the frame up, so hopefully I didn't make any egregious mistakes.

Build with a size 51 frame weighs 17.5lbs/7.9kg with Favero pedals, computer mount and bottle cages. Overall, I was impressed with the frame quality and the finishing was excellent (the BB/headset were pretty comparable to my Checkpoint's). I have 32MM GP5000s on mine which would be the max tire width I'd be comfortable running.

Bonpensiero

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2023, 04:00:37 AM »
Dang! Nice build! But what's up with the saddle height?

some guy

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2023, 05:37:49 AM »
Just finished my build using leftover parts from my 2021 Trek Checkpoint (I had a full GRX mechanical groupset and 50MM DT240 Farsports wheelset on-hand). Frameset took 3 months from payment date to get shipped and shipping itself took approximately 2 weeks to get delivered here in California. First build from the frame up, so hopefully I didn't make any egregious mistakes.

Build with a size 51 frame weighs 17.5lbs/7.9kg with Favero pedals, computer mount and bottle cages. Overall, I was impressed with the frame quality and the finishing was excellent (the BB/headset were pretty comparable to my Checkpoint's). I have 32MM GP5000s on mine which would be the max tire width I'd be comfortable running.

super sleek, great job! do you by chance know how wide your tires measure when on the rim?

bonato

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2023, 09:30:56 AM »
super sleek, great job! do you by chance know how wide your tires measure when on the rim?

They're 33mm on 24mm internal width rims and there's 3mm of clearance at the chainstays.

toci

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2023, 08:29:59 PM »
Hi guys,

Here is my R52D. After 3 months, the frame arrived well packaged, no missing parts. The finish, build quality and tolerances are great, BB and disc brake mounts are faced, head tube well finished, the paint job is excellent with no excess in the BB, disc mounts and head tube areas. No any particular problem during the build. The frame, seat post and handlebars have marble glossy finish, and look nicer than the pictures. The size is 510, handlebar 370|85. The frame feels stiff, the seat post has good flex and is comfortable. On the other hand, the handlebars are very uncomfortably stiff, may be because they are very narrow, 370 mm with short stem, or they are just stiff. I installed GP5000, 28 mm (real width of the tire is 29.4 mm), on 21 mm internal width rim and there is 3-4 mm clearance on the chain stays, the fork has bigger clearance.
My only complaint, it is not about the frame but rather about my handlebars choice. The handling is very very nervous. I have two another bike with 400 mm handlebars and 90 mm and 100 mm stems and the handling is very different. So, I was wondering, could the 30 mm shorter handlebars impact that much the handling? I'd like to ask the other frame owners how they feel the handling of their bikes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:34:52 AM by toci »

Rone69

« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2023, 12:22:19 AM »

WOW!!!!
Please wich is your saddle height?

Rone69

« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2023, 06:57:52 AM »
Hi guys,

Here is my R52D. After 3 months, the frame arrived well packaged, no missing parts. The finish, build quality and tolerances are great, BB and disc brake mounts are faced, head tube well finished, the paint job is excellent with no excess in the BB, disc mounts and head tube areas. No any particular problem during the build. The frame, seat post and handlebars have marble glossy finish, and look nicer than the pictures. The size is 510, handlebar 370|85. The frame feels stiff, the seat post has good flex and is comfortable. On the other hand, the handlebars are very uncomfortably stiff, may be because they are very narrow, 370 mm with short stem, or they are just stiff. I installed GP5000, 28 mm (real width of the tire is 29.4 mm), on 21 mm internal width rim and there is 3-4 mm clearance on the chain stays, the fork has bigger clearance.
My only complaint, it is not about the frame but rather about my handlebars choice. The handling is very very nervous. I have two another bike with 400 mm handlebars and 90 mm and 100 mm stems and the handling is very different. So, I was wondering, could the 30 mm shorter handlebars impact that much the handling? I'd like to ask the other frame owners how they feel the handling of their bikes.

WOW !!!
Which is your saddle height?

Gosy

« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2023, 08:38:18 AM »
i orderd the frame yesterday. i hat the luck that i have a adress in china and italy so i take the frame with me in the next holiday.