Author Topic: Finally trying clipless pedals....  (Read 492 times)

Queen of Skulls

Finally trying clipless pedals....
« on: November 21, 2022, 01:52:30 PM »
I had surgery and wasnt allowed to exercise for 6 weeks. My lollipop pedals and shoes came. Once I was allowed to start exercising then I got really sick  for about 10 days with a really bad cold. and I finally am well and recovered enough to start cycling again. And omg why Have I been putting it off using clipless pedals. Its like treading water for me. Like I used to play water polo and its like an old hat.  I would say its like riding a bike... but its more like treading water.... this is insane its like a cycling cheat code. Its like cycling on easy mode now....Seriously why did I put it off???!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 01:56:19 PM by Queen of Skulls »

Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

jannmayer

Re: Finally trying clipless pedals....
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 06:16:01 PM »
Glad you're having a good experience with them! I ride SPD-type pedals on road, mountain, and gravel and really like them. My first attempts involved a lot of falling over though!

Queen of Skulls

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 03:07:32 AM »
Glad you're having a good experience with them! I ride SPD-type pedals on road, mountain, and gravel and really like them. My first attempts involved a lot of falling over though!

I have my bike on a trainer right now. So I can build up my fitness (surgery and getting really sick knocked me down a few pegs) Also to break in the lolipops and get used to riding with clipless... I have read that they have bit of a break in period to loosen the c clips. They will be going on my carbon bike as soon as I build it. And the current bike will  have some spd pedals that I ordered.

I am ordering my 218 this week thank you black friday!!!
Off with your Head tubes...

If the girls dont find you pretty they should at least find you handy...

[color #FE0000]P[/color][color #FDA601]R[/color][color #FFFF01]I[/color][color #008000]D[/color][color #1614E4]E[/color][color #80007E]!!!![/color]

madmax

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 09:53:28 AM »
When trying on clip-less pedals for the first time

1. Always bike on a road near a grass field, as you will inevitably fall at-least once

2. Have a friend along with a phone who can take a video of that first slow motion fall  ;D

jonathanf2

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
I've been riding clipless since the 90s. Even now, I still fall over on occasion!  ;D