Author Topic: LTWOO RX hydro sets  (Read 32527 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: LTWOO RX hydro sets
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2023, 01:39:02 PM »
You can get 600 shifters, 810 derailleur (42t) and callipers for 440 at bike24

coffeebreak

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2023, 02:25:07 PM »
Where I live (USA), the price comes to 340 (without box version) + 32 shipping + 40 tax = USD410~. Cheap-ish but still too expensive to gamble for me.

jonathanf2

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2023, 03:03:09 PM »
In bike-discount you have the levers and brakes (grx600) for 400 the set. Add 100 eur for the RD (812) and makes it 500 EUR. These cost 400 EUR.

https://www.bike-discount.de/es/shimano-juego-de-frenos-de-disco-grx-bl/st-rx600-br-rx400-de-1x11-velocidades?number=20073286&__delivery=280&__currency=1&srsltid=Ad5pg_EmqHwZl2Mnd8BDJpdDPxsXsOvGBYzGCPIPRhi0_bDrCa9PCFDkOIU

For that price I would be also wary to get the ltwoo, but ... the GRX without mods goes only up to 46t (and officially to 42t), which is garbage in my opinion if you want a 1x system. I think they should have designed the RD as their MTB ones, going up to 50t to make it interesting. You can mod them with the garbaruk cage, but then add another 60-80 bucks minimum, so 600 EUR for a decent 1x system. 

The ltwoo supposedly goes up to 52t out of the box.

I'm currently running the GRX 812 RD with an 11-50t cassette only using a Wolftooth Goatlink hanger extender, no Garbaruk cage needed. Shifts quite well.               

00Garza

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2023, 03:52:12 PM »
You can get 600 shifters, 810 derailleur (42t) and callipers for 440 at bike24

Best I can do stateside is Merlincycles for about $530.  :-\
Still might go that direction for my build.

maurijn

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2023, 12:32:44 PM »
just found this on a dutch Forum....

ChrisB

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2023, 02:12:56 PM »
In bike-discount you have the levers and brakes (grx600) for 400 the set. Add 100 eur for the RD (812) and makes it 500 EUR. These cost 400 EUR.

https://www.bike-discount.de/es/shimano-juego-de-frenos-de-disco-grx-bl/st-rx600-br-rx400-de-1x11-velocidades?number=20073286&__delivery=280&__currency=1&srsltid=Ad5pg_EmqHwZl2Mnd8BDJpdDPxsXsOvGBYzGCPIPRhi0_bDrCa9PCFDkOIU

For that price I would be also wary to get the ltwoo, but ... the GRX without mods goes only up to 46t (and officially to 42t), which is garbage in my opinion if you want a 1x system. I think they should have designed the RD as their MTB ones, going up to 50t to make it interesting. You can mod them with the garbaruk cage, but then add another 60-80 bucks minimum, so 600 EUR for a decent 1x system. 

The ltwoo supposedly goes up to 52t out of the box.

I built three bikes with Shimano RD812 and Garbaruk cage mod. in the meantime you can get a Garbaruk copy for around 20€ on AliX.
The system works perfect up to 50 teeth and at the moment I would take the Shimano combination any day over the overpriced Ltwoo.
I still hope Ltwoo will improve the system and their documentation to be real alternative.

BR Chris
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 04:51:05 PM by ChrisB »

jonathanf2

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2023, 11:15:09 AM »

I built three bikes with Shimano RD812 and Garbaruk cage mod. in the meantime you can get a Garbaruk copy for around 20€ on AliX.
The system works perfect up to 50 teeth and at the moment I would take the Shimano combination any day over the overpriced Ltwoo.
I still hope Ltwoo will improve the system and their documentation to be real alternative.

BR Chris

Curious, so with the Garbaruk cage mod, an extender hanger isn't required giving near stock shift quality? I'm running a Goatlink on my GRX 812 RD right now and I'm using a 13t lower pulley wheel on the stock cage to get slightly better small cog shifting, but in the long run the Garbaruk might be the ideal solution it sounds like.

ChrisB

« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 01:03:50 PM »
Curious, so with the Garbaruk cage mod, an extender hanger isn't required giving near stock shift quality? I'm running a Goatlink on my GRX 812 RD right now and I'm using a 13t lower pulley wheel on the stock cage to get slightly better small cog shifting, but in the long run the Garbaruk might be the ideal solution it sounds like.

Yes in my experience, even using the standard Shimano original pulley wheels the shifting is crisp without any noise. I only use the Garbaruk long cage to replace the original Shimano cage.
I combined it on my builds with the light ZTTO 11-46 cassette that is partly aluminium and I use Squirt wax which works perfect.
So far I did 2200km on that bike and chain and cassette look and feel like new... I have to admit I ride mostly in good weather.

Here is the link to the Garbaruk clone on Ali which costs around 20US$:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004617465688.html

I installed two original Garbaruk and two AliX sourced parts, I can see no difference in fit or function.

Here is how it looks using some AliX pulley wheels but as mentioned using the original Shimano works as well:

BR Chris

jonathanf2

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2023, 01:48:54 PM »
Yes in my experience, even using the standard Shimano original pulley wheels the shifting is crisp without any noise. I only use the Garbaruk long cage to replace the original Shimano cage.
I combined it on my builds with the light ZTTO 11-46 cassette that is partly aluminium and I use Squirt wax which works perfect.
So far I did 2200km on that bike and chain and cassette look and feel like new... I have to admit I ride mostly in good weather.

I installed two original Garbaruk and two AliX sourced parts, I can see no difference in fit or function.

Here is how it looks using some AliX pulley wheels but as mentioned using the original Shimano works as well:

BR Chris

The only issue on my Goatlink setup is that it just takes slight extra effort to shift from the small cog, but in actual riding it's barely noticeable. I'm really liking the GRX 812 RD as well, it's so well built and flexible. I've seen people using it as a 2x derailleur as well with no issues. I'd love to see someone try using the LTwoo hydraulic shifters with a GRX FD/RD setup. The only issue I'd see going with the 12 speed is having to swap over to different pulley wheels to handle the thinner 12 speed chains.

00Garza

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2023, 02:44:37 PM »
Someone on Trace Velo's post shared their experience and that they're using Ltwoo shifters with grx derailleurs.

hahel

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2023, 01:28:00 AM »
Any one know if that cage is compatible with deraileurs other than the advertized RD-RX812?

BR Chris

ChrisB

« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2023, 08:57:19 AM »
No idea, I did never checked other detailers for compatibility.
Which deraileur do you want to modify?
There is also a version for Sram if I am not wrong.

BR Chris

Flying Trunk Monkey

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2023, 05:41:07 PM »
...I installed two original Garbaruk and two AliX sourced parts, I can see no difference in fit or function.
BR Chris

Thanks for the feedback. I have a a Garb cage that I bought to convert a medium cage M8000 11s RD to a larger range 12s, works as it should. If I need to do something similar again I'll go the cheaper route if I can.

Any one know if that cage is compatible with deraileurs other than the advertized RD-RX812?

The different cages are pretty specific but there are several versions. Check Garb's site to see what they offer and then use that info to search AliX.

What RD are you trying to mod? Sometimes you can simply switch the cage to get more range. For example, Shimano's GS, SS and SGS RD'a are all the same except for the cage length and cages are available separately. In the case of Shimano, you do need to make sure the SGS(long cage) RD will allow the cassette range you want to run, you can look those specs up on Shimano's site.

hahel

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2023, 07:56:58 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. I have a a Garb cage that I bought to convert a medium cage M8000 11s RD to a larger range 12s, works as it should. If I need to do something similar again I'll go the cheaper route if I can.

The different cages are pretty specific but there are several versions. Check Garb's site to see what they offer and then use that info to search AliX.

What RD are you trying to mod? Sometimes you can simply switch the cage to get more range. For example, Shimano's GS, SS and SGS RD'a are all the same except for the cage length and cages are available separately. In the case of Shimano, you do need to make sure the SGS(long cage) RD will allow the cassette range you want to run, you can look those specs up on Shimano's site.
Bought a new takeoff r7170 groupset for a good price. I was hoping to loose some weight by replacing the cage. Alternatively I sell it on and buy the ultegra groupset but that's another 800-1000€

cramy

« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2023, 04:32:24 AM »
new trace velo video about his new build.

He is reviewing a little the LTwoo hydro a the end telling what he found as issues