Author Topic: Rinasclta  (Read 1087 times)

Jim.de

Rinasclta
« on: December 23, 2022, 05:24:21 AM »
Hi there,

anyone had any contact with this brand? Seems to be the oem for some other brands.

Kinda interested in this frame: https://rinascltabike.com/granite-aero-disc-road-frame/

Roadbike with 38c tyre clearance.

Couldn´t find anything..

Cheers
Jim

RDY

Re: Rinasclta
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »
Hi there,

anyone had any contact with this brand? Seems to be the oem for some other brands.

Kinda interested in this frame: https://rinascltabike.com/granite-aero-disc-road-frame/

Roadbike with 38c tyre clearance.

Couldn´t find anything..

Cheers
Jim

Highly doubt they're an OEM ... and they're using stock images of 'their' factory on the website.

patliean1

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 05:14:53 PM »
I've been in contact with Rinasclta recently. Will report back hopefully next week with more details. A few of things stood out to me regarding the brand and their frames:

1. Their customer support has been fast to respond, always within 8-12 hours. Rinasclta is a Polish brand (factory is Dongguan, China) and I suspect their very good English-speaking support is also in Eastern Europe. Basically a Chinese frame with a Polish logo/branding/support.

2. "Visually" speaking (grain of salt) their frames, paint, and aesthetics remind me of Yoeleo. I suspect their quality is on par as well except at a lower price point.

3. I have yet to see any other brands besides the major competitors offer anything close to an "aero" gravel/all-road frame. Definitely not from any of the B2C Chinese brands.

4. The Rinasclta Granite frame appears to be targeted similarly to a Specialized Crux or Canyon Endurance CF. Plenty of rough road races/events around here where tire clearance is just as important as aero dynamics and race forward geometry.

While the term "aero gravel bike" or "aero all-road bike" sounds more like marketing gibberish I completely understand the logic. Gravel bikes are moving closer toward MTB territory, which opens the door for this sector.

EDIT: Looks like the Granite frame uses the same style of mechanical cable port/stop for the front derailleur as Velobuild...which is an effing nightmare.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 06:02:35 PM by patliean1 »

FullCarbonAlchemist

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2022, 10:29:28 PM »
Interesting, though personally as primarily a mountain biker I always run my gravel bikes 1X anyway…

s3si1u

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 05:01:10 AM »
No experience with the brand, but at first glance the frames look familiar. They look like an open mold/Chinese frame reseller to me. Putting on my linguist cap for a second, their website shows much of the same verbiage and spelling/grammar mistakes that usually accompany the descriptions of these frames, with a little extra fluff.

The frame you link is this one from Airwolf:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPPgLbo
Even uses the same geometry chart.

Found their Vermilion aero road frame on Ali as well:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOc2DiW
Their gravel frame is also offered by a few others for less.

My guess? Rinasclta is supplied by Airwolf or they're both resellers of the same frames.
Maybe it's a Polish operation with a connection to a supplier akin to Yoeleo/Miracle or Speeder/Winspace, extra specifications or QC steps? Idk, not with those prices I don't think.
If I were looking at this frame, I'd order from Airwolf.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 05:04:31 AM by s3si1u »
Instagram: @aerosloth

patliean1

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2022, 11:55:50 AM »
The price difference between Rinasclta and Airwolf is about $300-$350 give or take for shipping costs. Looks like Rinasclta is basically shipping their frames from I assume the same factory as Airwolf in China.

I requested an unpainted frame from Rinasclta and without handlebars. We shall see how they respond next week, but if it doesn’t work out I’ll just go the Airwolf route.

Thanks s3si1u for the info.

s3si1u

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2022, 10:49:07 PM »

EDIT: Looks like the Granite frame uses the same style of mechanical cable port/stop for the front derailleur as Velobuild...which is an effing nightmare.

Ugh that cable stop...I know my front derailleur setups are probably terrible but I always wonder how much easier front shifting would be if that damn cable stop would just stay in place. Any other Velobuilders figure out a hack/solution for this?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 03:11:27 PM by s3si1u »
Instagram: @aerosloth

FHS

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 01:04:00 PM »
I came accross their primer on Chinese bikes wayyyyyy back (Oct '20) when I first started looking at purchasing a Chinese frame. I sent them an email and they responded pretty quickly to that first inquiry. I can't remember exactly what I asked for follow up questions but they never responded.

After doing a bit more research I decided that their range of offerings was pretty limited and overpriced compared to other identical offerings from other trusted sellers. The fact that they never got back to me just put me off for good.