Author Topic: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset  (Read 7263 times)

patliean1

Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset
« on: January 10, 2023, 10:08:55 AM »
So I have one of these coming my way. Attached is a photo from the factory

https://rinascltabike.com/granite-aero-disc-road-frame/

-Geometry is more road than gravel
-I ordered a size M/54
-No integrated handlebars, will be using my tried and true FSA NO.69/SRS headset to route the cables.
-700c*38mm max tires size
-While I have an actual gravel bike (Yoeleo G21), it's mostly overkill around here.
-Chose unpainted in order to inspect any flaws, lower the production time, and I genuinely enjoy painting my own frames.

I asked if they share this frame with any other brands, and their response was:
"We share the frame mold with only one friend across internet"

Obviously it's Airwolf since the photos are identical on both websites.

Will keep you posted...

abedfo

Re: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 08:21:17 AM »
I look forward to hearing you say "Rinasclta" on the youtube video. I've tried a few times to say it myself and my tongue is now tied in knots!

Jokes aside, this looks like potentially the perfect one frame, two wheelsets sort of bike! What holds me back is how much punishment can an "all road" carbon frameset take on the more gnarly stuff?

Cant wait to see what you think Pat.

patliean1

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 09:31:18 AM »
I look forward to hearing you say "Rinasclta" on the youtube video. I've tried a few times to say it myself and my tongue is now tied in knots!

LoL I actually asked them how to properly pronounce the name. Below is their response...

"Rinasclta" comes from Italian word "rinascita", means " reborn". As in the beginning we were just a OEM/ODM factory who didn't focus on our own brand, but with Rinasclta brand we started to work more as a brand, which means a "reborn". It's pronounced "rin-a-scal-ta". You can also check the video from one of our collaborators in UK

svanimpe

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 04:14:56 PM »
They should hire a designer :D
Slapping a big white logo on your products just yells "cheap".

Tines

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 04:28:36 AM »
So they took an Italian word and introduced a typo? Nice
Could also be a misunderstanding when discussing the branding and then just accepted it.

oleg

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 07:01:52 AM »
Patrick,
sorry for the side question, will FSA NO.69/SRS work with Wispace frame T1500?
I want to run the cables under my 110mm -17 degree stem ( not integrated) but still hidden in the frame as much as I can.
Will it work out?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 09:16:47 AM by oleg »

patliean1

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 12:00:50 PM »
Patrick,
sorry for the side question, will FSA NO.69/SRS work with Wispace frame T1500?
I want to run the cables under my 110mm -17 degree stem ( not integrated) but still hidden in the frame as much as I can.
Will it work out?

In principle it should work. The headtube opening on the Winspace uses a standard headset bearing size. However your biggest issue will be whether or not you've cut your steer tube too short, because the overall stack height of the NO.69/SRS system is taller than normal.

oleg

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 02:34:29 PM »
The dimension on the picture comes at 76 mm, so I assume I will have at least 7cm of fork left.
Normal stem is 4 cm, so in theory should be at least 3cm left..

NoGrip61

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 03:30:36 PM »
Nice choice!  Gravel bikes are a bit overkill if you're just riding rough-road or dirt roads mixed with pavement.  These new aero-gravel / CX / light-gravel / wider-tire endurance road bikes are a nice option now... or whatever the new marketing label ends up being lol.

It does look like the Airwolf YFR066, and (previously?) Chasing wind RF22; I was looking closely at this frame as well, but decided against it.

YFR066 thread:
https://chinertown.com/index.php?topic=3793.0

I'm looking forward to seeing the build and review! 

patliean1

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 05:09:05 PM »
Yo the frameset has arrived.

Upon quick inspection the "quality" seems to be good. Both headset bearing cups are smooth and the caliper mounts appear to have been faced. Also the bottom bracket area has been faced or at least leveled very well. Overall the frame feels beefy and is what I'd expect from a brand being supplied by an OEM factory.

Did I receive a Hambini special? Maybe. However, since the frame is unpainted the factory probably just pulled inventory off the shelf.

Frame: Size 54 (M)
Handlebars: 400mm Width

Overview video coming sometime soon. Below are some photos and weights.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 05:16:33 PM by patliean1 »

crispee

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 03:03:48 PM »
Oo this looks interesting can't wait for the video drop. Id be interested in building one of these bikes

szosacorsa

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 12:25:05 AM »
Looks interesting, seems it's a fully internal cable frame, what kind of stem and spacer do you use? Can't wait to watch the video man

patliean1

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 02:33:41 PM »
First Look and impressions is live.
YouTube Search: Rinasclta Granite - Budget Alternative to Specialized Crux, Trek Domane, and Ostro Gravel?

pearl

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 06:08:14 PM »
AYOOOOOO THE D JOKE GOT ME LOL

patliean1

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2023, 10:16:33 AM »
Not my photos, but from a fellow YouTube viewer. ICAN Aero 50 wheels. Size 58 frame.

Considering I ordered a size 54 (I'm 6ft / 183cm) I'm gonna assume he's about 6'3"  :o