Author Topic: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset  (Read 7320 times)

TidyDinosaur

Re: Rinasclta Granite Aero "All Road" Bike Frameset
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 07:12:54 AM »
Etoe advises about 10min. Do not let it dry! When it's dry he says you have to sand before the next layer.

patliean1

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 08:35:05 AM »
Lol there’s no rush folks. And not everyone has a professional painting studio with proper warmth and ventilation like our German brethren. Pragmatic not dogmatic…

At least 15-30 minutes between coats. And I would wait for the paint dry overnight before applying the clearcoat. Going slow and consistent prevents the need to sand.

patliean1

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2023, 01:47:46 PM »
38c Pathfinder Pro tires at 45 psi. I reckon you could fit 40c tires under the following circumstances:

1- No front derailleur...1x setup
2- On non-super muddy roads only.

Ousermaat

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2023, 01:23:12 PM »

38c Pathfinder Pro tires at 45 psi. I reckon you could fit 40c tires under the following circumstances:

1- No front derailleur...1x setup
2- On non-super muddy roads only.

Great ! Thank you for these details ! You last youtube video is absolutely amazing. I now can’t wait to receive my frame :-)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 01:26:29 PM by Ousermaat »

patliean1

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2023, 08:41:19 PM »

Great ! Thank you for these details ! You last youtube video is absolutely amazing. I now can’t wait to receive my frame :-)

Wicked! What size and color did you order?

Ousermaat

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2023, 03:45:06 PM »
I’m 6,2 inches with rather short torso, so I choose size 56 with the 120mm stem-handlebar combo. Complete black-matt, the only other color note of the built will be the small red stickers from my 3t discus stealth wheel set and the beige flanks from the René Herse tired.  I’m very excited though :-)
By the way : great french boots !
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:54:04 PM by Ousermaat »

patliean1

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »
Testing my Magene EXAR DB58 Pro wheels paired with Conti GP5000 S TR 32c.

YouTube Search: Putting AERO Wheels On My Rinasclta Granite All Road Bike

Ousermaat

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2023, 11:41:05 AM »
Amazing how this pretty frame looks as nice with gravel as with road tires :-) I love the vittoria corsa 28c and always wanted to test the 32c version ; now I’m also curious about the gp5000.  Thank you so much for sharing all that great stuff!
Philippe

patliean1

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2023, 12:00:00 PM »
Amazing how this pretty frame looks as nice with gravel as with road tires :-) I love the vittoria corsa 28c and always wanted to test the 32c version ; now I’m also curious about the gp5000.  Thank you so much for sharing all that great stuff!
Philippe

Thanks for the kind words. I would say the geometry overall is closer to an endurance road frame. Maybe just a tad longer. Pretty accessible bike fit for most people.

00Garza

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2023, 03:55:30 PM »
Sick paint job and nice build. I tried once with spray.bike, but failed to realize how much humidity can affect the process. My steamy garage was not the ideal painting environment.  :-\
Now I leave it to the professionals.

ChrisB

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2023, 07:46:54 AM »
And here another YouTubers assembly video with a lot of details.
Including the use of the LTWOO RX12 groupset which may be of interest for some.

BR Chris
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 07:52:43 AM by ChrisB »

patliean1

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2023, 08:52:24 AM »
That was a great video because it highlighted issues I didn’t experience with myself. I used my own separate bar/stem and spacers, as well as my own bottom bracket.

Anyone using Rinasclta’s supplied bar and also bottom bracket should take note.

Ousermaat

« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2023, 02:56:51 PM »
Hi, are you still happy with your bike? I‘m slowly ending my built. I‘m very impressed : the bike has in my opinion excellent handling characteristics. It feels very zippy and yet comfortable. It dampens surprisingly very well. Maybe also because of the carbon handlebar combo?
The 40mm wtb nano tires are fitting perfectly in 1x12 modus. I will soon add a bigger cassette for the gravel wheelset (with a Garbaruk chain cage).
My only problem will now be my dilemma before each ride : wich one should I choose today : Mr Jekyll or Dr. Hyde ?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:59:34 PM by Ousermaat »

patliean1

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2023, 04:00:11 PM »
My Rinasclta Granite has already done a 4 hour road race earlier this month. Passed the test easily.
The race profile consisted of tarmac, rough roads, packed gravel, and muddy trail sections...all during 30mph crosswinds and sleet/rain.

I ran 32c GP5000s TR S at 65psi. Worked very well. Could have probably even used 30c because the frame overall is fantastic when the roads get bad.

s3si1u

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2023, 02:04:44 PM »
FWIW I realized the geometry on this Rinasclta/Airwolf frame is the same as the Scott Addict (the endurance model, not RC).
It looks like they took the geometry of the Addict and gave it a facelift, maybe a bit more tire clearance as well? I'm currently shopping for a racier road frame to complement/replace my 177 but if I needed a third bike I would make it an endurance build and it would likely be this one (the Airwolf version though ;D).
Instagram: @aerosloth