Author Topic: Elves Falath EVO 2023  (Read 23433 times)

jonathanf2

Re: Elves Falath EVO 2023
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2023, 08:32:24 PM »
I think of all the cycling channels I actually prefer Trace Velo. He isn't a crit bro racer or some cycling snob, he's just a dude who likes tinkering with cheap bike parts and enjoys the fitness benefits of cycling. His bike mechanic skills are probably representative of the average DIY bike mechanic as well. All these wannabe YT influencers rub me the wrong way.

coffeebreak

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2023, 12:06:45 AM »
Only cycling bro I am a fan of is Sheldon Brown. Passed away well before YT/influencer cancer spread across the world but his articles will remain golden forever.

Velovelo

« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2023, 04:57:01 AM »

I actually commend Elves for the brave and bold step with the Falath EVO. The frames in the cycling industry are becoming too similar.
This is what happens when you dare to make something different. You create a hit or a flop product. Then hopefully learn and grow in the process.
Funny thing is lots of people who are not too particular, actually love the frame. The frame package at that price is a good deal for a new/low budget cyclist.
Elves problem is that they overly focus on the looks of their frames. From day one they seek to make their bikes fancy and colorful etc.
Now they really have to focus on other aspect than just the looks.
It took so long before I saw pictures of someone actually riding the frame as part of the advertisement. They were just blasting lots of photos, slamming the looks on our faces.
Hopefully they make good with all these feedback. The brand has a huge potential in my opinion.

repoman

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2023, 08:07:57 AM »
Too bad this frame looks a bit iffy. 
I'm interested in the Vanyar Pro they released recently, hope Hambini does a review of that one too.

dsveddy

« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2023, 10:51:55 AM »
Hambini got this frame a review

Despite Hambini’s gripes about “other” YouTubers, Cam Nichols’s review had similar conclusions. His “carbon expert” guy had similar remarks about the Evo’s carbon quality—its shit.

What I’m really surprised is that nobody (including Hambini) is reaming the Evo for its horrendous aerodynamic properties. Rectangular tube profiles and the fattest headtube in the game. It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Sebastian

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2023, 02:49:25 PM »
Rectangular tube profiles and the fattest headtube in the game. It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But to me this looks like Homer Simpson’s idea of an aero bike.

kubackje

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2023, 06:52:13 PM »
I agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But to me this looks like Homer Simpson’s idea of an aero bike.

This bike is so ugly and such a wannabe aero race bike, that it reminds me of a guy who did put a Ferrari sticker on his Fiat coupe. This is what this bike is, a fake aero Superbike with not even fake Ferrari sticker on it.

Velovelo

« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2023, 04:10:34 AM »

GC Performance 1000 miles ride review video posted today.

PLA

« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2023, 06:39:59 AM »
Despite Hambini’s gripes about “other” YouTubers, Cam Nichols’s review had similar conclusions. His “carbon expert” guy had similar remarks about the Evo’s carbon quality—its shit.

What I’m really surprised is that nobody (including Hambini) is reaming the Evo for its horrendous aerodynamic properties. Rectangular tube profiles and the fattest headtube in the game. It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

I love how when the elves distributor was approached regarding cam nicholls' experience, he went and blamed it on the mechanic. Saying he didn't know how to assemble bikes correctly. Pretty bad look in my opinion.

repoman

« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2023, 07:09:56 PM »
At 1300 bucks, out of spec BB and janky headtube layup seems ridiculous to pass off as something you should accept as par for the course for a 'non name brand' in that GC performance vid. Par for the course of a 500 dollar frame? Yea. Par for the course for a non name brand that is well into getting close to name brand price? No. 

The paint IS crap because they use vinyl stickers. A lot of these companies are doing that and it is SUPER lame. They need to stop with that if they want to establish a 'Brand lite'  where it is in the middle of 'no name' frames but not a 'name brand.'

PLA

« Reply #100 on: November 18, 2023, 04:11:52 AM »
What I’m really surprised is that nobody (including Hambini) is reaming the Evo for its horrendous aerodynamic properties. Rectangular tube profiles and the fattest headtube in the game.

I reckon it's just because there are so many shit aspects of the frame, it'd take an eternity to list it all. Maybe his ssd can't store it all haha.

It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

This is by far the best comment ever on this forum. I'm gonna need to add it as my signature hahahaha. I'll remove it if you want, though.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 04:35:55 AM by PLA »
It’s so clearly a LARP of an aero bike.

Macedingle

« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2023, 07:58:02 PM »
I mentioned this in the Hygge Aero thread:

Be cautious of any brand being heavily promoted online where the primary focus is on the asthetics of the frame (custom paint, UCI whatever) rather than the actual quality and performance. Makes you appreciate brands like Yishun.

The problem with the Falath EVO as I see it is it's the perfect bike to attract clicks and views for YouTube. The frame design is unique (albeit polarizing) and budget-minded customers have been looking for the next good thing since Winspace. However, in real world practicality it does not seem like YouTubers are actually using their Falath EVO as their primary bikes. Just like LTWO ERX: Sounds great on paper and for views, but not as a permanent solution yet.

Speaking of Winspace, it's interesting how 4 years later we have still yet to see a true one to one competitor to the T1500/Hyper Wheels in terms of branding, innovation, performance, and reach to the Western world. We've seen some wheel brands gain success by basically using Winspace's marketing approach, but not to the same level of success. Ironically, Winspace's success is also the reason they have been on the decline.
Care to elaborate why you think Winspace is on the decline??

kubackje

« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2023, 01:49:48 PM »
Under the new Chris Miller movie Hambini left this comment (attached file). Jordain larp rimmed

toxin

« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2023, 04:32:06 PM »
On the topic of aero bike LARPs. The winspace T1500 has a gigantic triangular downtube with the flat facing the wind and agressive corner radiuses and trailing edge tapers. Aerodynamically that's in the same ballpark as a rectangular profile. Their in-development Agile frame has the same design "feature", but with its general aesthetic of softer lines and narrower downtube the consequences are less egregious.

jonathanf2

« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2023, 07:09:25 PM »
I'm curious at the current $1100 USD price point, what are better aero frames for the price? Also for a flexible rider is the bike ridable in its slammed position with the stem flush to the top tube?