Author Topic: LTWOO eGR  (Read 8863 times)

amacal1

Re: LTWOO eGR
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2024, 03:09:47 PM »
Has anyone considered building or has built a 1x road or light gravel bike (like 32c tires) using the eGR? It might be fun to build an lightweight climbing frame with the groupset.

I did that, sorta. I put it in my gravel bike, but use it more on the road than on gravel and keep a wheelset dedicated to riding on the road with 32c GP5000 road tires. Frankly, it's just a stopgap until I build up a dedicated road bike and then this will likely be my dedicated gravel bike. I went with the eGR because it will fit nicely for that purpose, eventually, and right now was an easy, straightforward conversion. 

trcycling

« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2024, 08:38:35 PM »
Ok, I said I'd be back with some info once I got it built. It's preliminary as I only have one ride on it so far, but you can read it here

https://trbike.blogspot.com/2024/05/ltwoo-egr-results-writeup.html

jonathanf2

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2024, 10:41:02 AM »
Ok, I said I'd be back with some info once I got it built. It's preliminary as I only have one ride on it so far, but you can read it here

What size chainring were you using with the 10-50t? Did you do any preventative measures against water ingress?

trcycling

« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2024, 10:51:17 AM »
What size chainring were you using with the 10-50t? Did you do any preventative measures against water ingress?

I’ve been running a 32 but had previously tried 34 and 30 in the previous setup. All worked but the 32 was the “Goldilocks” size for me.

I did use dialectric grease on the connectors. I’d didn’t see any other obvious places to protect.

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2024, 07:38:05 PM »

Hi Thanks for this info, it's very helpful! it's been a couple of months now, hows it all going? have you had any other issues?

trcycling

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2024, 08:25:49 PM »
The thread may be that old, but my experience is fresher than that  ;)   I've had it out for another ride now. So far so good. I think I'm hearing slight noise sometimes on some gears like it may not be aligned correctly. So I might to go micro adjust better or I might go back to zero and do it per instructions (I micro adjusted first like an idiot). But functionally it's good. It's hard to directly compare the 'feel' to my AXS bike because that one is a 2x with a road cassette so each click is a smaller, smoother change. On the giant 1x cassette, some steps are a bit rougher by their nature. But I think it's pretty comparable. And definitely more responsive and reliable shifts than the modified, cable-actuated Force 1 on there before. I have no hesitation clicking up or down one to 'feel' right where there was enough faffing before I often just didn't.

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2024, 01:13:07 AM »
You're right I got confused about the thread and when you put it together. All good info anyway. I ordered the EGR today through Aliexpress, really excited to get it. I'm curious to know if you've done a garden hose test on the RD with your Die-Electric sealer.
I'll share my experiences once I've put it together

trcycling

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2024, 01:44:06 AM »
 ;D, yeah no. Not going to INTENTIONALLY antagonize it :-). I'll leave that to the people who got free samples. (Hey LTWOO, I'm game to test, hint hint)