Author Topic: Update on Lexon genius  (Read 1063 times)

Teigansdad

Update on Lexon genius
« on: February 09, 2023, 01:57:45 PM »
So about 6 total hours  8)of riding on it so far.
Climbs fantastic. Very nice bike to pedal for sure. Had to work out an annoying knock which seems as tough it was one of the bearings in the rear suspension link not being fully seated. Tolerance for the bearing aren’t great. Can hand press one of them out. Greased the hell out of them and quiet now… feels like i Gained 25 wtts just getting rid of the noise. I’ll probably have to use that compound stuff from Park to make last thought. Just now starting to trust it. So far so good. Sexy looking though  8) 8)

Teigansdad

Re: Update on Lexon genius
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 06:08:46 PM »
Why is it my picture is visible on my phone but not when I pull it up my computer

emu26

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2023, 08:52:57 PM »
It's visible on my pc screen and even though the preview shows it upside down, it is the right side up when enlarged.

Teigansdad

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 04:52:39 AM »
I figured it out. I wasn't signed in on my PC.

RongGearRob

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 12:39:15 PM »
looks nice :)

Teigansdad

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2023, 06:59:54 AM »
So got several rides in now.
After initial Shake out rides feel like I can give some helpful feedback. First… don’t know if this is just w lexon but seems like bearing tolerance could be better. I torqued everything to spec.. had a knock that I finally figured out after breaking down the suspension linkage and found a bearing that I could actually push out by hand and it was not pressed in flush. Fixed that and silence ever since.
do wish they would have included shock mount torque refs as those bolts are soft aluminum and I had to purchase a rear bolt after rounding one out. I went with 8 nm front and 12 nm rear shock mount torque… if anyone reads this and thinks or knows for sure it should be different feel free to let me know.
Only other issue which is a big one: on the 17.5 frame can’t fit full sized bottle. I even tried reversing shock which could then fit until the suspension compresses at which time the shock body would hit the bottle.
I’ll make it work but it’s gonna be a issue come summer time.

Now about the ride… DANG…so far I love it! Will it last? I don’t know.. is it gonna just shatter on me one day outta the blue?? Maybe

I’ll keep yah posted