Author Topic: Yishun R086-D(Aero Road)  (Read 1025 times)

patliean1

Yishun R086-D(Aero Road)
« on: February 14, 2023, 10:25:54 AM »
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/r086-daero-road/

Anyone have any experience with Yishun? Do they sell directly to customers or just B2B? Curious what larger brands they produce for, if any.

The geometry on the R086 is perfectly for me. Super long reach. While typically one can just use a longer stem to achieve said reach, you also however run into the risk of toe overlap.

s3si1u

Re: Yishun R086-D(Aero Road)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2023, 11:07:47 AM »
https://www.yishunbike.com/product/r086-daero-road/

Anyone have any experience with Yishun? Do they sell directly to customers or just B2B? Curious what larger brands they produce for, if any.

The geometry on the R086 is perfectly for me. Super long reach. While typically one can just use a longer stem to achieve said reach, you also however run into the risk of toe overlap.

I've been in talks with Yishun for some time now, I was looking at their G085-D gravel frame. I haven't purchased anything from them, but they'll sell singles to consumers. Price is very good, too...
I've since found a different frame I like even more from Ornan and I'll likely be purchasing that.
I've seen some of their frames elsewhere, fwiw, but I think that goes for most of the frame sellers these days. Who actually makes these?? Lol.
Instagram: @aerosloth

coffeebreak

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2023, 11:17:44 AM »
They sell them B2C. I enquired about handlebar and they were ready to ship it to USA. When I asked if there are any discounts (because shipping kills the deal) they said if you order frame too then it will be better. So yes, possible to order single frame.

badIuck

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2023, 01:26:14 PM »
I have used mtb and road rims from them some years ago, quality was great. Recently I tried to purchase a handlebar from them but didnt get a reply unfortunately.
They do have some interesting frames and handlebars.

patliean1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2023, 01:28:05 PM »
The only thing is the headtube design for the top bearing is a bit problematic to enable one to run their own handlebar and stem.

svanimpe

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 01:57:43 PM »
I noticed one of our "local" brands also offers this frame, with ridiculous profit margins: https://prorace.be/bikes/aero/randa, so I'm looking to order one directly from Yishun for a junior competitive cyclist.

I also had a chat with Yishun about their B2B/B2C. They are happy to sell directly to customers, however, not all models are available. The newer ones are usually reserved for high volume customers and only become available once the initial demand dies down.

The only downside for us is that they don't offer custom painting on single orders. You'd need to order at least two frames and two wheelsets to get custom painting.

W.r.t the headset: you may only need the top cap, and then fit your own spacers, stem, and handlebars. The bike linked above uses a non-Yishun handlebar for example.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:03:58 PM by svanimpe »

Chiyou

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 11:42:54 AM »
Also, LightCarbon and Yishun are the same company (or closely-related companies). See for example http://chinertown.com/index.php?topic=2953.0

Sebastian

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2023, 12:06:03 PM »
you also however run into the risk of toe overlap.

I’ve been worried about toe overlap in the past as well. However in practice I found it to be a non issue. Even on a commuter bike I had that had severe toe overlap because of the full length fender on the front it became second nature to always have the feet in the vertical position during very slow manoeuvring at a red light for instance. And during riding it obviously doesn’t matter.