Author Topic: Another Seaboard GR02  (Read 5317 times)

hagerd

Another Seaboard GR02
« on: February 15, 2023, 08:16:08 PM »
Heres mine! very similar to the bamboo_mountain build.

Seaboard GR02 53
Ltwoo GRT groupset
Ryet Carbon Gravel wheelset
American Classic Udden Tires 700x40C
SRAM 160mm rotors
Zrace RX crankset 42T
Sunshine 11-46T Cassette
Kalloy UNO bars + Stem
Toseek Carbon post
Carbon Power Saddle knockoff
Bling Muck off tubeless valve stems

TidyDinosaur

Re: Another Seaboard GR02
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 12:59:01 AM »
Very nice bike. Just saw your post on Reddit with someone replying you are certainly going to die  :D

hagerd

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 01:16:31 AM »
Can confirm, am dead

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023, 01:32:39 AM »
Can confirm, am dead

It was the cranks, wasn't it?

hadero

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023, 08:38:52 AM »
How's the GRT groupset on first impressions?

jonathanf2

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023, 11:13:59 AM »
Nice build! Have you weighed it yet? I'm surprised these Seaboard builds aren't more popular amongst the AliEx crowd.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023, 12:36:13 PM »
Nice build! Have you weighed it yet? I'm surprised these Seaboard builds aren't more popular amongst the AliEx crowd.

Maybe because for a little more you have a carbon frame? I went to their website and it would be about 525 eur for the frameset.

svanimpe

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023, 03:13:00 PM »
Yeah same here. I'd like to try one, but because of EU import taxes for goods over €150, the price is a mystery (I've seen anything from zero to over 35%) and could go as high as €500. In that case, I'd rather pay a bit more for a carbon frame (for which I can get prepaid tax shipping, so no surprises).

00Garza

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023, 04:01:07 PM »
Nice Build!! I almost pulled the trigger on this frameset, but wanted a little more tire clearance. I was also looking at those ryet wheels. What are the hubs like? Are they their own design or just rebadged chinese hubs?

jonathanf2

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023, 05:19:31 PM »
Maybe because for a little more you have a carbon frame? I went to their website and it would be about 525 eur for the frameset.

True! Though they do sell Advanced Mountain AM framesets both in alloy and steel on AliEx. Geometry-wise they look almost exact to the Tsunami/Seaboard frames, but they sell for much cheaper. In the US there's a company called Poseidon Bikes that periodically sells their alloy gravel framesets for $299 USD and they include a lifetime warranty for the original owner as long as it's not crash damaged.

hagerd

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2023, 07:29:47 PM »
Nice Build!! I almost pulled the trigger on this frameset, but wanted a little more tire clearance. I was also looking at those ryet wheels. What are the hubs like? Are they their own design or just rebadged chinese hubs?

Wheelset is nice, who knows if its their own design. One thing to note, the description makes it seem that they are hooked, but they are hookless.. the hubs seem quality but time will tell. They do have that high tooth ratchet sound. Sounds like I'm riding a swarm of bee's, Wu-Tang forever.

s3si1u

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2023, 12:27:00 PM »
Very nice, maybe I should have ordered one  ;D
Just recently ordered a Seaboard CX05 frame after being assured it was in stock in size 50. I went crazy ordering a bunch of parts and a fork for the build, only to be told a few days later it's not actually in stock  ;D
The seller tried pushing me to one of their other frames, one of them being the GR02. I almost bit the bullet before the seller finally agreed to a refund and I ordered something else instead.
Would still be curious to know how it rides, though. I think it looks much nicer than local budget alloy offerings from Poseidon, State, etc.
Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2023, 09:57:59 PM »
I finally saw a custom build of this alloy frame in-person. It looks great! If I was going to build an alloy frame, I think I'd choose this Seaboard frame.

hagerd

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2023, 06:07:14 PM »
The frame quality really is great, it feels like a step up from the various chinese carbon frames I've had.

jannmayer

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 03:11:58 PM »
I just ordered this frame for a cheap commuter build using a bunch of parts I have lying around. Only $375 including tax and shipping (to the US) thanks to the 11/11 deals.