Author Topic: Lexon GFE/ Mira CR059 any experience/feedback?  (Read 1340 times)

fliug3rrr

electrolux

Re: Lexon GFE/ Mira CR059 any experience/feedback?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 03:19:57 AM »
I was also very interested in this frame so I contacted the seller who was quite helpful. I asked for some detailed photos of the headset, BB and dropout areas and they sent these.

The finish quality seems quite reasonable to my untrained eye, anyone else have some opinions?

Lexon GFE:

Another interesting thing is the head angle of the frame, at 73deg its very steep compared to other gravel frames which are normally around 71deg.

Any experiences of Lexon in general?

Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 03:24:20 AM by electrolux »

MattL

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 10:33:33 AM »

coffeebreak

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 12:43:50 PM »
There was some terrible feedback on Lexon frames bought off of AliExpress. In the attached pictures, top down view from headtube isn't very confidence inspiring though the BB area and under BB cable routing is neat too.
Not saying all of Lexon is bad, but won't hurt checking this thread :

http://chinertown.com/index.php/topic,3420.60.html

Edit: In above thread there is a mention of another Lexon thread (about poor quality) but I can't find it. May be if you dig deeper you can find it?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 12:48:00 PM by coffeebreak »

Serge_K

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 04:08:19 AM »
I was also very interested in this frame so I contacted the seller who was quite helpful. I asked for some detailed photos of the headset, BB and dropout areas and they sent these.

The finish quality seems quite reasonable to my untrained eye, anyone else have some opinions?

Lexon GFE:

Another interesting thing is the head angle of the frame, at 73deg its very steep compared to other gravel frames which are normally around 71deg.

Any experiences of Lexon in general?

Thanks!

I'm looking at Lexon stuff on here because i like the look of their bikes on Aliexpress.
On these photos, i dont know if you can install a BB with all that paint on the lip of the BB. I dont have the tools to face a BB shell, and i dont see how you could tighten a BB on that frame with such paint without facing it.
Also, most of the pictures are blurry.
I guess as much as I'd like to like Lexon because their road frames look cook (but only took 28C which makes me sad), pretty much all the feedback on this forum about them is rather negative, although nothing is too recent.