Author Topic: Chinese forks  (Read 3093 times)

00Garza

Re: Chinese forks
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »
I mean isn't that kind of the risk with just about anything we talk about on this forum

Not necessarily. Most chinese mtb frames have come to the point where if built up competently, you can trust it won't fall apart after one hard trail ride.
Chinese forks just haven't got to that point yet. Subpar materials or craftsmanship in chinese forks means they're not ready for the abuse of real trail riding. Suntour, Xfusion, and low end Rockshox are still the best budget forks. Reliable and serviceable.

Icyseanfitz

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2022, 04:34:54 PM »
Not necessarily. Most chinese mtb frames have come to the point where if built up competently, you can trust it won't fall apart after one hard trail ride.
Chinese forks just haven't got to that point yet. Subpar materials or craftsmanship in chinese forks means they're not ready for the abuse of real trail riding. Suntour, Xfusion, and low end Rockshox are still the best budget forks. Reliable and serviceable.

I do agree 100% with you, the fork I got cannot be compared to something like any of the rockshox or fox forks that I own, but for 130euro shipped I have a lightweight functional xc fork, will it be working in a year, nobody knows

michaeldepeza

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2023, 04:03:07 PM »

00Garza

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2023, 10:31:22 AM »
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804776688595.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.912238da1xy98u&mp=1&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=US

ive been riding the previous model to this Himalo for over 6mths

What kind of riding do you do on it? How many miles or kms? Any issues or drop in performance?

michaeldepeza

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »
Hey, we have a variety of trails ranging from Enduro Courses to Forest Reserve switchbacks and jumps.

This month i did my very first service and its working great thus far still.