Author Topic: Elite Edge Wheels  (Read 1222 times)

elmtree

Elite Edge Wheels
« on: February 23, 2023, 02:27:12 PM »
Has anyone tried these wheels?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mqZBTuI

They have a nice big internal width compared to the cheaper marvels on elite's website. And you can still get them in larger depths without carbon spokes. The weight is really great which honestly is the most worrying thing to me.

Otherwise they look good?

Yunglord

Re: Elite Edge Wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 07:52:37 PM »
Hey Elm,

I had the Edge on my list for my new build as I already have two purchases with Elite and generally satisfied but just to clarify something the Edge are sold with regular spokes! Which in my opinion is to their advantage!

I have experience with both Disc and Rim wheelset and would vouch for them unfortunately I had to purchase wheels from my frame manufacturer to be able to access small parts and spares as I purchased the frame secondhand.

ChrisB

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 04:21:18 AM »
I bought the Elite Edge wheel set with 45mm rim depth for my new race bike. Really light and after the first rides felt really good.
Their 36T Ratchet Hub works well, it is the second wheelset in my possession that is using their DT-Swiss ratchet copy.

Full weight with GP5000 28mm and TPU inner tubes 1619g.

BR Chris

« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 04:52:43 AM by ChrisB »

elmtree

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2023, 08:24:20 AM »
Thanks for the input you two!

Yunglord, I agree about the spokes. That's why I was looking at these in particular!

Chris, how does the tire wheel interface look with the 28s? I've noticed that my 28s are measuring 26 on a narrow internal width and now I'm kinda sensitive to the issue.

Also they look very nice!

ChrisB

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2023, 05:08:26 AM »
To my eye the tire rim interface looks pretty good. With the internal width of these rims the tires just measure around 28mm.
However I plan to upgrade to GP5000 S TR in 30mm width later on....

BR Chris

Here two pictures:

elmtree

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2023, 09:03:41 AM »
To my eye the tire rim interface looks pretty good. With the internal width of these rims the tires just measure around 28mm.
However I plan to upgrade to GP5000 S TR in 30mm width later on....

BR Chris

Here two pictures:

Thanks! I think these wheels are what I'll go for unless I can get a crazy deal on something with an unlimited crash warranty

eeney

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2023, 04:30:06 PM »
....Full weight with GP5000 28mm and TPU inner tubes 1619g.

That is crazy light, tyres and tubes must be 550g, making the wheels just ~1,070g.

I've gone with Speeder Cycling wheels direct which are a similar weight, but I was anticipating a full weight with tyres of close to 1,900g