Chinese Carbon Road Bikes > Road Bike Frames, Wheels & Components

CarbonSpeedCycle CSC wheels - avoid them

<< < (5/5)

mesosbrodleto:

--- Quote from: carbonazza on March 26, 2023, 04:27:41 PM ---Not my experience. For more expensive items, I generally buy from the official shop, and each time I got problems that were clearly a product flaw, I contacted the seller and either got a replacement or a part to repair.

--- End quote ---

It is my experience as well, with some sellers. Some other ones are a bit worst: CSC, in this case, and Seraph-TanTan.

mesosbrodleto:
update: after 5-6 mail to the aliexpress customer care, the seller unblocked me on the aliexpress chat. Let's see if I will finally get to know the specs of the rear hub

scottbro2:
So I just bought a new set of CSC wheels - Disc, 45mm / 28mm wide with their OEM DT Like hub. The wheels came dead true and evenly tensioned. I took the hub apart and it was well greased. Shipping was 3 weeks to Chicago. 
 This would be my fourth experience with CSC over the last 5 years.  I have had a very good experience with them so far. I'm sad to see you have had issues.    I do agree there is little technical support from them But, I have not needed any.

My riding buddy has had his 50mm CSC Disc wheelset w/ novatec hubs for 3 years (8k miles a year on mixed, flat terrain -160lb rider) and his wheels have needed zero maintenance. I serviced them once a year for him and the original bearings are still in good shape and the wheels have needed zero truing. There is a little cassette bite on the freehub but that is really a novatec issue and not a CSC thing.
 I rode a borrowed pair a few years back and my brother has a 2 yr old set as well with the same result.

Just my honest feedback and experience. Hope that helps anyone out there giving them a look. I'm interested to see how the OEM hub performs long term.  Initial look appears to be good quality. I am prepared for the bearings to be rather short lived  (they are un branded black seal non contact bearings - smooth out of the box) but I can replace them easily if they get gritty. 

Serge_K:
I love that sellers just block customers, behaving like western snowflakes. It's kind of funny.
Always lean hard on AliExpress when you have a problem with a seller, if you can prove you're right, in my experience, they help you.
AliExpress today is not AliExpress 5 years ago.
Same with Chinese sellers in general. It's become much easier to communicate for example. It used to be that the language barrier made it impossible to have any nuanced conversation. Now I feel I can ask fairly complex questions and get an answer that passes the smell test.
Also, they innovate now, they're past the pure copying phase. You can't innovate and be a brain dead donkey, the two don't go together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version