Author Topic: Shipping times, Post Covid.  (Read 965 times)

Tijoe

Shipping times, Post Covid.
« on: March 15, 2023, 11:31:18 AM »
I placed several orders via Aliexpress, Some on Feb. 27th then some more items on March 7th.   This time, instead of only bike parts, I ordered some cycling clothing some electrical items, and an electric gas generator carburetor.   Guess what! All of the non-bicycle items I ordered on March 7th, are already being delivered to me. (8-9 day delivery.)
Out of the 4 bike parts I ordered, on Feb 27th, only one has been delivered.  As far as I can tell, several of the bike parts may have not even been shipped yet. (I've written the sellers/stores and asked if they have delivered the item and they claim they have shipped. (All the parts are smaller items except for a carbon dropper handlebar.)

When I look at all my orders of bike parts over the past 3 months, about 60% of bike parts are delivers between 3 weeks and a month.   All the other items have been arriving between 7 and 11 days.

What are your delivery times these days for bike parts?

coffeebreak

Re: Shipping times, Post Covid.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 12:08:13 PM »
All over the place for me. I ordered an entire groupset (M5100) plus few accessories just before Chinese new year closure of business and the order took a painful 1 month 3 weeks to get to Seattle. Out of that, frustrating 3-4 weeks were taken by A C I logistics/USPS mess in CA. Later a few small parts, all bike related, were ordered last week of February and got to me in 12 days just as promised. Those parts were Ali-ex's "Choice" deal or something and everything was super fast.

Some Ass-Saver type plastic fenders took 2 months to arrive. I had forgotten I even ordered them. Just out of curiosity I checked the from address and they were shipped from Azerbaijan! Just wrapped in a thin plastic sheet with label haphazardly stuck on it, its a wonder the thing even got delivered.

Then there is the Zniino gravel bar, an anomaly really. Ordered along with above groupset, it traveled during holidays and reached Seattle in about 10 days flat. It wasn't bundled with anything else. I think that when Ali-ex bundles different orders together it takes long to very long time to get delivered.

jonathanf2

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 12:19:42 PM »
Maybe because I'm located in California and live next to a major customs hub, most things ship within 1-2 weeks besides large items like bike frames and wheelsets. On a side note, I always check item pricing on the mobile app and on the desktop. Strangely, pricing can sometimes be cheaper depending on which device you use. I use several coupon web browser extensions on my desktop that occasionally applies additional discounts. Also today I ordered replacement hoods and it was actually cheaper using the mobile app. You can also collect coins on both the mobile/desktop AliEx website which are completely separate on each format. Those coins come in handy because they help on big purchases and can be stacked using coupons to get additional savings.

00Garza

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 02:36:17 PM »
Bundles do indeed seem to take longer. I have a top cap and a cassette spacer that got bundled and they are still not here yet. Cassette, ltwoo groupset, etc all arrived here a week ago. Ordered on same day, "shipped" on same day.

Also...its hard to call China "post" covid. They seem to have flare ups and new waves every now and then that disrupt shipping...and life in general.

carbonazza

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 08:19:25 AM »
Maybe because I'm located in California and live next to a major customs hub, most things ship within 1-2 weeks...

We have the same luck in Belgium, a hub and same kind of shipping times.

Tijoe

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 01:33:37 PM »
A pair of mountain/flat handlebars I ordered on Feb. 7th, finally has a tracking update that they are in New York, New York.   Very seldom does something I order from Aliexpress route through New York.  Almost everything I order comes in via Los Angeles.   OTOH, A pair of ZNIINO new Carbon Gravel H handlebar, I ordered on Feb. 27th arrived yesterday.  But , 3 other "non bicycle" items I ordered on March 7th have been sitting in "Sparks Nevada" for 4 days now.  (Because usually once my orders reach Sparks NV. they are 3 days away.   (No consistency or rhyme or reason in my mind)

Tijoe

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 12:02:04 PM »
Speaking of shipping...  (Just venting here) 
Presently, I have 2 problems in terms of shipping. 

One item ordered Feb. 7th that arrived in New York on March 17th, stated on 3/19/23 Out for delivery [United States]United States ,Arrived JingWai Transit Ju  .   Grrr.

Second item, a set of ZTTO hydraulic brakes was ordered on March 7th, says that on 2023-03-20 19:33 Delivered MIAMI, FL 33181, Delivered, at mailbox.  Problem is that I live in Montana, not in Florida.  Seller is being no help at all.   They responded: 

The specific date of the delivery time cannot be guaranteed. Please understand the inconvenience caused to you. If the goods are not received within the time limit, you can apply for a refund. However, if the goods arrive, please return them to us. The freight is at your own expense. Do you think it is OK

Basically they say file for an Aliexpress refund after the delivery time limit expires.  (That's like May 7th.)  I guess I will try to start the refund process.

jonathanf2

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 12:15:40 PM »

One item ordered Feb. 7th that arrived in New York on March 17th, stated on 3/19/23 Out for delivery [United States]United States ,Arrived JingWai Transit Ju  .   Grrr.

Second item, a set of ZTTO hydraulic brakes was ordered on March 7th, says that on 2023-03-20 19:33 Delivered MIAMI, FL 33181, Delivered, at mailbox.  Problem is that I live in Montana, not in Florida.  Seller is being no help at all.   They responded: 

The specific date of the delivery time cannot be guaranteed. Please understand the inconvenience caused to you. If the goods are not received within the time limit, you can apply for a refund. However, if the goods arrive, please return them to us. The freight is at your own expense. Do you think it is OK

Basically they say file for an Aliexpress refund after the delivery time limit expires.  (That's like May 7th.)  I guess I will try to start the refund process.

That sucks you have to wait that long, I hope it wasn't anything too important though.

On a side note, I noticed my packages have now started to get processed at the New Jersey customs hub as opposed to the one here in California. My packages are taking a few days longer than usual with no shipment updates until the local PO gets the package.

Tijoe

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 12:26:55 PM »
I ordered another set of brakes directly from the ZTTO Official Store, but the price is $3.00 more.   The order I am waiting on is slowing down a build I am in the middle of.  (All the other parts have arrived in a timely manor.)

robertofrr

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2023, 03:43:44 AM »
Until last year, shipments from China normally took 3 weeks.
Lately shipments to Europe have improved, it takes 10 working days.
European shipments arrive in Liège. Sometimes from Belgium to Italy it takes longer than from China to Belgium

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2023, 04:32:05 AM »

I think you can start a dispute with that info. It says it is delivered but the address is wrong, so why wait until the time limit expires?
Try to talk to a real human over chat. Maybe they can help...

Tijoe

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2023, 09:42:21 AM »
The handlebars arrived yesterday. Whew!  They were well packaged and intact.  1 issue resolved

I requested a refund/dispute and it has already been rejected.  States I have to wait the full 45 days after ordering before seller will resend or refund my money.  Aliexpress indicates I have to wait 56 more days until they will step in and determine if I get a refund.

mirphak

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2023, 12:34:28 PM »

Fake shipment tracking number. I am sorry but that seller is trying to scam you. Open a dispute.

Tijoe

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2023, 10:43:28 AM »
Aliexpress stepped in and messaged me that I am qualified for a full refund.   (I'll take this item off my worry list.)  I am glad that last week I ordered another set directly from ZTTO and this order has already cleared Customs.   "zxcvbn Store" has been added to my "bad Store list"  No future sales/orders will go to them!

Tijoe

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2023, 09:11:13 AM »
Now I have another item with problems.   I ordered another set of Wheel Top's EDS (Electronic Derailleur system.)   on march 25th, and placed orders from other stores on the same day.   Orders from other sellers are all through customs and in the final delivery phase.   The Wheel Top order from "Bikinge Store" says it it being returned to the shipper for a week now.  I have contacted the store, and all they write back is that there is a "Logistic" problem.  I've lost 12 days of delivery time, and don't know when they will get the order sent my way again.   I have asked the seller to send another one, but now they have gone dark.

(Also, I tried to attach an image of what the delivery tracking says, but everytime I attach an image to this post, it locks up my web browser.  I have not seen this happen before.  I even deleted the post and reposted trying to attach an image and It still locks up my browser.)  ???
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 09:19:44 AM by Tijoe »