Author Topic: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?  (Read 16579 times)

neobiker

Re: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2023, 11:49:00 PM »
Thanks for the review! I like how you are able to contextualize the performance of the frame given its price point.

It is fair to try to compare it to more expensive bike frames, because this is the goal: trying to improve value for the money in the end.

patliean1

« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2023, 08:57:38 AM »
Thanks for the review! I'm curious what you meant by it not being refined. Just kinda loose? Doesn't go where you expect?

Best way to describe the feeling and sensation is think 1990s Japanese tuner sports car versus their modern day stock counterpart.

abdbeg

« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2023, 12:55:17 PM »
Best way to describe the feeling and sensation is think 1990s Japanese tuner sports car versus their modern day stock counterpart.
Honestly, I'm a little sad that you didn't like that frame, I don't have expensive frame to compare it with, but man this is the best road bike I've ridden in my life, stiff enough and extremely comfy.

FHS

« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2023, 08:21:24 PM »

Funny. If I had the itch to do another bike build, your review wouldn't put me off, or get me very excited about this particular frame. Not a bad thing. It's just, like you said, nothing too distinguishing other than the polarizing looks. I feel like I could just edit in "TT-X21" for every specific reference to "TT-X38" in your road tests.

Thanks for the review!

patliean1

« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2023, 11:58:06 AM »
11:00 mark onward - One of the most popular cycling podcast shows Chris Miller/Jesse Coyle shout me out and discusses my TanTan x38 review. They offer up some really good perspective. And honestly their perspective on the x38 might actually be more "reasonable" than mine. Super flattered to see the China Forums being represented.

YouTube Title: Are INEOS Too Soft on Pidcock & We Want a UCI Masters World Champs | The NERO Show Ep. 46

abdbeg

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2023, 12:35:22 PM »
Hey patliean1,. sorry for too much question, but can you help me understand, I'm really value your opinion, but it's a little bit mystery for me because of language barrier, lack of cycling experience and etc

In the first review you said that x38 is stiff as Dengfu, but in the recent you said that it's not as stiff as Dengfu, but it really shows itself at higher speeds, so I'm confused. So as I understand, do you mean that frame is stiff enough to not loose too much watts while pedaling, but it's not overall suitable for race... Or?

patliean1

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2023, 01:33:01 PM »
Hey patliean1,. sorry for too much question, but can you help me understand, I'm really value your opinion, but it's a little bit mystery for me because of language barrier, lack of cycling experience and etc

In the first review you said that x38 is stiff as Dengfu, but in the recent you said that it's not as stiff as Dengfu, but it really shows itself at higher speeds, so I'm confused. So as I understand, do you mean that frame is stiff enough to not loose too much watts while pedaling, but it's not overall suitable for race... Or?

There are some discrepancies/conflicts in what I've said about the frame in the past month. It's one of the reasons the YouTuber "Peak Torque" suggested I be more thorough in my testing before offering up opinions. Or at least be more careful with first impression videos.

A frame does not have to be super stiff to be fast. It's important when sprinting, accelerating, climbing. Not when you are at speed. This is where the Dengfu R12 is better. Keep mind that these differences are only noticeable when pushing the bike to it's limits. Not when you are riding at 20mph/32kph. To be clear, we are talking about very small differences here. So yes the TanTan is stiff, but just not as stiff as the Dengfu.

How a frame handles bad pavement is only really important above 25mph/40kph. The TanTan does not behave as well. Less control and handling when the road is bumpy. It's more bumpy despite not being as stiff as the Dengfu.

Keep in mind that you already have the frame. At this point what I say, good or bad, doesn't really matter if you yourself are enjoying your bike.  8)

Sebastian

« Reply #127 on: September 08, 2023, 03:06:58 AM »
I decided to give this frameset a try.
I ordered it painted from the Ceccotti/Sequel-store on Aliexpress, including a T47/DUB BB.
The stack is rather high for an aero frame but since this bike has a -17 stem/cockpit and the headset cap and spacer add only 15mm, I'm sure it will be low enough for me. I think I could even omit the cable cover below the stem and use only the headset cap for a very slammed look. I prefer a longer headtube with a slammed stem over a super short headtube with a tower of spacers.

I ordered a size 58 bc I'm a big boy.
This will be a full cheapskate China aero build. Not sure yet where I'll source the wheels from. I'm still evaluating options.
Groupset will be LTWOO er9 because I can reuse 11sp components I already have lying around and upgrade to 12sp down the line if I want.

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.

c.etzo

« Reply #128 on: September 08, 2023, 03:44:04 AM »
i've ordered a size 52 black from sequel store, shipped in august and i'm waiting for delivery (hope soon)
i'll paint it by myself with a vynilic removable paint in chameleon colors ;D

Sebastian

« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2023, 07:03:01 AM »
So, here's my experience with the frame, btw i bought it from Sequel Aliexpress
The overall weight is 8.3kg

Hey there!
Could you measure the actual clearance in millimeters between the chainstays where the tire sits?
I wonder if the frame will clear 31mm wide rims fine with 28c to 30c tires. Patrick mentionned that the manufacturer overstated the tire clearance with 32c.

Thx!

Sebastian

« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2023, 04:12:14 PM »
Just getting back about my question above: Could any of the owners of this frame confirm how much rim and tire actually fits into the rear end of this frame?

abdbeg

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2023, 01:28:59 PM »
Hey there!
Could you measure the actual clearance in millimeters between the chainstays where the tire sits?
I wonder if the frame will clear 31mm wide rims fine with 28c to 30c tires. Patrick mentionned that the manufacturer overstated the tire clearance with 32c.

Thx!

I attached some photos of the clearance measurement.

Sebastian

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2023, 01:52:09 PM »
Thx mate. But I meant the tire clearance down at the chain stays in the rear. So down behind the bottom bracket. That’s usually where tire clearance is the tightest. Could you measure there?

abdbeg

« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2023, 01:53:28 PM »
Sure, it's 44mm

Sebastian

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2023, 11:29:34 PM »
Sure, it's 44mm

Thank you. That helps a lot. I have a 31mm wide wheelset on order that I have high hopes for and I wanted to make sure it fits the frame.
My frame has not been shipped yet. LTWOO er9 is currently sold out in the official LTWOO store. I don’t really want to order anywhere else.