Author Topic: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?  (Read 16270 times)

abdbeg

Re: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2023, 11:39:03 PM »
Thank you. That helps a lot. I have a 31mm wide wheelset on order that I have high hopes for and I wanted to make sure it fits the frame.
My frame has not been shipped yet. LTWOO er9 is currently sold out in the official LTWOO store. I don’t really want to order anywhere else.

BTW, TanTan claimed on instagram that they tested this frame with 32c tyres .

Sebastian

« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2023, 12:49:55 AM »
Yeah, on a rim that narrow (internally) my guess is that the 32c Continental comes out undersized and is probably narrower than 32mm.

That’s why I’m always asking for actual measured clearance in Millimeters. Just because a tire is labelled 32c doesn’t mean it measures 32mm as we all know. And the rim dimensions also obviously play a huge role in how wide and high the tire will be when inflated. But I’m confident that this frame will have enough clearance for my requirements.

c.etzo

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2023, 01:32:07 AM »
if you can wait a few days i'll take the measurements

Frank

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2023, 11:06:19 AM »
Can someone please tell me the length of the seatpost? Is a minimum insertion length printed on it or otherwise mentioned?

Sebastian

« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2023, 12:14:41 PM »
Can someone please tell me the length of the seatpost? Is a minimum insertion length printed on it or otherwise mentioned?

Seatpost length is 350mm.
Minimum insertion is usually 1/3 of that.

Frank

« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2023, 05:18:09 AM »
@Sebastian: can you also tell me the maximum tire clearance in the rear please?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 05:20:59 AM by Frank »

RDY

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2023, 06:32:07 AM »
BTW, TanTan claimed on instagram that they tested this frame with 32c tyres .

Lol.  Continental recommend 22-24mm and 21-25mm is the official compatibility IIRC.

They must have really had to search around for a 15.5mm ID rim to shrink the tire width enough to claim 32 compatibility.

Sebastian

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2023, 11:53:39 AM »
@Sebastian: can you also tell me the maximum tire clearance in the rear please?

Exact measurements have been posted here a few pages back. I have not received my own frame yet.

Frank

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2023, 12:00:31 PM »
Exact measurements have been posted here a few pages back. I have not received my own frame yet.
Thanks, I found the post: 44mm

Sebastian

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2023, 12:29:13 PM »
@Admins Can we merge these threads somehow? TanTan TT-X38=DCRF26

Makes no sense to keep both threads.

Eddy_Twerckx

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2024, 03:48:52 PM »
Any more long term reviews of this frame? Can pick one up for around $500 USD with the current AliEx sales. I want a stiff bike to race crits. Wondering if this will fit that bill.

Sebastian

« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2024, 12:42:38 AM »
Any more long term reviews of this frame? Can pick one up for around $500 USD with the current AliEx sales. I want a stiff bike to race crits. Wondering if this will fit that bill.

2.500 km on mine. As much as I like this bike, I can't recommend this particular manufacturer - as in Sequel Sports. As I wrote in this thread earlier. User Frank and me we both had forks which looked very unclean inside and were not round in places. The RD cable exit port on my frame was very rough inside. Rough to the point that I had to properly go about in there with a file to put the cable through. The seller's reaction was very telling in that they didn't acknowledge the problem on neither Frank's frame nor mine, saying that all their frames were like that. So if you buy there, you're definitely taking a big gamble with regards to QC.

With all that said: I like the bike. I like the way it rides. I think it's plenty stiff. I think I answered that question already in the TT-X38 thread. We were all posting there for simplicitiy's sake, since it's the same frame. And if you want this frameset, I'd say rather buy it from Tan Tan. It seems their quality is more consistent. Though there are examples of this frame from Tan Tan where the upper headset bearing was sitting too loose.