Author Topic: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?  (Read 16495 times)

abdbeg

Re: dcrf26 frame - Scott Foil?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2023, 04:52:27 AM »
I also ordered from AliExpress seller (SEQUEL) because it's cheaper and they sell different type of handlebar (which is the same as The One handlebar), it looks nicer in my opinion, also they included for 10$ ceramic BB.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 06:19:07 AM by abdbeg »

patliean1

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2023, 08:38:58 AM »
Heads up: This frame uses the same front derailleur design as both VeloBuild and Rinasclta/Air Wolfe.

Which is precisely why I chose eTap for my VeloBuild CX-002 build. Having used that FD design with mechanical shifting on 3 previous Chinese bikes, I refuse to ever go back. Like ever ever ever.

abdbeg

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2023, 12:51:57 AM »
Heads up: This frame uses the same front derailleur design as both VeloBuild and Rinasclta/Air Wolfe.

Which is precisely why I chose eTap for my VeloBuild CX-002 build. Having used that FD design with mechanical shifting on 3 previous Chinese bikes, I refuse to ever go back. Like ever ever ever.

What is the problem with them? I want to use 105 11 speed with this frame

Velovelo

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2023, 04:08:42 AM »

For the 105 R7000 mechanical front derailleur, what works for me with these frames is running the cable housing all the way to the FD's cable stopper (see attached image for reference). Then I use any of these clips from Amazon or AliExpress for the cable housing/frame body interface.
I use the 105 R7000 FD for all my mechanical build no matter the RD or crankset. Cheap and very easy for me to work with.

abdbeg

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2023, 03:46:13 AM »
So, seller sent some photos before shipping, looks really good.

https://imgur.com/a/EGcHT7P

Serge_K

« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2023, 05:06:19 AM »

For the 105 R7000 mechanical front derailleur, what works for me with these frames is running the cable housing all the way to the FD's cable stopper (see attached image for reference). Then I use any of these clips from Amazon or AliExpress for the cable housing/frame body interface.
I use the 105 R7000 FD for all my mechanical build no matter the RD or crankset. Cheap and very easy for me to work with.

Hi, do you have pics of actual builds? Very curious about your method, because i've built 4 chinese frames recently, and the FD has been far the biggest issue every time. I thought the housing had to push against the frame, then comes the cable. But it sounds you're running the housing all the way to the FD.
Please enlighten us, i think a lot of people are having issues with their FDs
Thanks!

Velovelo

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2023, 06:03:20 AM »
I thought the housing had to push against the frame, then comes the cable.
But it sounds you're running the housing all the way to the FD.

Yes, I am running the housing all the way to the R7000 FD. The cable housing is pushing against the FD stopper (as illustrated in the image documentation in my above post and my attached image here).
This is exactly the same principle as the Rear Derailleur, but the Rear Derailleur has a tension adjuster but works with similar principle; the housing is pushed against the RD cable housing stopper.

You just need to make sure to remove all the slack from the Front Derailleur cable before you tight it down.
Don't think too much about it. Just try it. It works guys!

This only works with Front Derailleur with a built in cable stopper like the Shimano 105 R7000 front derailleur.

Excuse my dirty bike in the images.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 06:14:42 AM by Velovelo »

Serge_K

« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2023, 09:47:28 AM »
Yes, I am running the housing all the way to the R7000 FD. The cable housing is pushing against the FD stopper (as illustrated in the image documentation in my above post and my attached image here).
This is exactly the same principle as the Rear Derailleur, but the Rear Derailleur has a tension adjuster but works with similar principle; the housing is pushed against the RD cable housing stopper.

You just need to make sure to remove all the slack from the Front Derailleur cable before you tight it down.
Don't think too much about it. Just try it. It works guys!

This only works with Front Derailleur with a built in cable stopper like the Shimano 105 R7000 front derailleur.

Excuse my dirty bike in the images.

Wow, this is awesome. It means that the hole in the frame barely matters anymore. I spent so much time tinkering with the FD on these 4 bikes. Had i known, i'd have used your trick right away, and bought 4 of these 105 R7000 FDs. Also, apparently (as per some YT video), the SPCycle SP-053D has a weird FD hole, so your technique may also help that frame.

Bottom line, thank you, and you may consider posting a dedicated thread on your FD hack, because i believe that a LOT of people on this forum are having issues with setting up their mechanical FD when they get their new chinese frame.

coffeebreak

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2023, 10:06:17 AM »

Well done, this is the way.

patliean1

« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2023, 11:02:53 AM »
Then I use any of these clips from Amazon or AliExpress for the cable housing/frame body interface.

Where on Amazon can I find those housing clips?

I have a bunch of Ultegra hydro-mechanical groupsets/parts lying around. Would be cool if I could reuse them instead of buying a new SRAM etap groupo for this build.

Sidenote: The Ultegra R8000 FD also has that same FD stopper

Velovelo

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2023, 01:05:32 PM »
Where on Amazon can I find those housing clips?
Sidenote: The Ultegra R8000 FD also has that same FD stopper

When I was looking for the image of the clip to share here I saw them on Amazon stores (not sure which country) and AliExpress. I got mine on AliExpress.
You can right click on the clip image on my previous post and select "search image with Google" (...on google chrome browser). This should show you links to where to get them.

Ya, as far as the FD has a stopper it'll work.

elmtree

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2023, 08:25:14 AM »
It looks like tantan is listing the weight as ~1100g while seraph is listing it as 1300g. Could one of you weigh it when you get it? This is definitely the top of my list right now.

Serge_K

« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2023, 09:12:49 AM »
It looks like tantan is listing the weight as ~1100g while seraph is listing it as 1300g. Could one of you weigh it when you get it? This is definitely the top of my list right now.

Easiest is probably to ask them. I think (I may be confusing manufacturers, so bear with me) they sometimes offer 2 carbon layups, the light version i've seen requiring a MOQ of 10 or more.
So it could be the same frame / mould with different layups.

patliean1

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2023, 09:24:58 AM »

Here are some of the frames I've weighed and tested size 56. Figure add to 200g for paint.

VeloBuild 166 (Unpainted) - 1005g
Rinasclta Granite (Unpainted) - 1042g
Dengfu R12 (Unpainted) - 1112g
Winspace T1500 - 1218g
VeloBuild CX-002 (Matte Black) - 1261g
Yoeleo R12 - 1305g
2020 Allez Sprint (Rim Brake) - 1459g
2022 Allez Sprint Disc - 1521g

My unpainted x38 frame should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. It's a pure aero frame resembling a TT bike with a beefy bottom bracket area. My guess is around 1150g before paint, but weight really should not be priority.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 09:32:03 AM by patliean1 »

WhityWhite

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2023, 10:18:49 AM »
Here are some of the frames I've weighed and tested size 56. Figure add to 200g for paint.

VeloBuild 166 (Unpainted) - 1005g
Rinasclta Granite (Unpainted) - 1042g
Dengfu R12 (Unpainted) - 1112g
Winspace T1500 - 1218g
VeloBuild CX-002 (Matte Black) - 1261g
Yoeleo R12 - 1305g
2020 Allez Sprint (Rim Brake) - 1459g
2022 Allez Sprint Disc - 1521g

My unpainted x38 frame should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. It's a pure aero frame resembling a TT bike with a beefy bottom bracket area. My guess is around 1150g before paint, but weight really should not be priority.

I've read somewhere or seen that you paint the bikes yourself with spray cans.
How many do you use there per wheel and does it look reasonably clean?
How does that behave with the extra weight after a paint job?