Author Topic: Sensah Empire issues  (Read 1114 times)

jcr

Sensah Empire issues
« on: April 04, 2023, 05:22:55 PM »
Just wondering if anyone have issues with their Sensah empire groupset recently? I am going through my 4th build with them (for me and friends), and this latest one I have received has issues right out of the box. This is the new one that has the new tighter hood cover.

The issue:
  • Right shifter is supposed to be 11speed, so that means I should get 11 clicks.... but I was only able to get 6
  • Gear cable is routed incorrectly, when I pull back the hoods, the head of the cable is going through the big hole when it should go through the small hole.

Anyone else having odd issues? Wondering if Sensah will replace this defective one for me...

jonathanf2

Re: Sensah Empire issues
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 09:26:36 PM »
Just wondering if anyone have issues with their Sensah empire groupset recently? I am going through my 4th build with them (for me and friends), and this latest one I have received has issues right out of the box. This is the new one that has the new tighter hood cover.

The issue:
  • Right shifter is supposed to be 11speed, so that means I should get 11 clicks.... but I was only able to get 6
  • Gear cable is routed incorrectly, when I pull back the hoods, the head of the cable is going through the big hole when it should go through the small hole.

Anyone else having odd issues? Wondering if Sensah will replace this defective one for me...

Did you buy direct from the Official Sensah Store? If so I'd ask for a replacement.

jcr

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 09:55:36 PM »
No I didn’t but still going to ask the store and Sensah for a replacement. Both seems promising but we’ll see if I get a tracking number from them

Pedaldancer

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 11:20:27 PM »
What about fixing the wrong routing? Maybe then your shifting issues are solved.

11 speed gives 10 clicks by the way.

jcr

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 11:26:34 PM »
fixed the cable and that did not fix the issue.

kbernstein

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2023, 04:29:33 AM »
Had the same stupid issue recently (Shimano though) and this checklist fixed it for me:
Do you get 6 clicks when the shifter doesn't have a cable?
Flash a light through the cable slot and check if there isn't dust or debris
Make sure the cable is under proper tension when you shift - Firmly grip it between your fingers

jcr

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2023, 07:26:19 AM »
Had the same stupid issue recently (Shimano though) and this checklist fixed it for me:
Do you get 6 clicks when the shifter doesn't have a cable?
Flash a light through the cable slot and check if there isn't dust or debris
Make sure the cable is under proper tension when you shift - Firmly grip it between your fingers

It had a cable in it when I tried it, and also under tension and wasn't able to fix it. Even tried it on the bike with the rear derailleur, the pull ratio seems off too.

kbernstein

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 08:12:57 AM »
If you remove the cable entirely and still won't get all 10 clicks, it's definitely a warranty issue

jcr

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 12:05:33 AM »
A little update:
I couldn't fix it and didn't want to go any deeper as of yet (doesn't make I might not take it apart later).

Sent a video recording showing the right shifter cannot do 11 speed as spec to both Sensah store and the sell I got it from. Here are some conclusions I got:
  • Sensah directly, responded fairly fast and communication via English wasn't too bad.
  • Looked at the video and said it was a problem and it needs to be replaced.
  • However I did not purchase from Sensah, they were not able to provide me with after service.

Dealing with the seller:
  • Communication definitely wasn't a good but did eventually get through that the right shifter was defective.
  • Took a little going back and forth with them to agree to send me a replacement part

At the end, it looks like there is some after sales support for Sensah products (or I got lucky with the seller). In both cases, in order to get  it processed I need to put in this $0.01 order + shipping, the seller had a free shipping option but very slow so I ended up paying $3 for faster shipping.  Also in both cases they did not ask me to return the defective part (good: did not cost me to ship it, bad: how would they know this will not be a future quality issue?).

carbonazza

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2023, 12:10:38 AM »
..., bad: how would they know this will not be a future quality issue?).
Because they probably know the problem already :)

jonathanf2

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 12:05:54 PM »
A little update:
I couldn't fix it and didn't want to go any deeper as of yet (doesn't make I might not take it apart later).

Sent a video recording showing the right shifter cannot do 11 speed as spec to both Sensah store and the sell I got it from. Here are some conclusions I got:
  • Sensah directly, responded fairly fast and communication via English wasn't too bad.
  • Looked at the video and said it was a problem and it needs to be replaced.
  • However I did not purchase from Sensah, they were not able to provide me with after service.

Dealing with the seller:
  • Communication definitely wasn't a good but did eventually get through that the right shifter was defective.
  • Took a little going back and forth with them to agree to send me a replacement part

At the end, it looks like there is some after sales support for Sensah products (or I got lucky with the seller). In both cases, in order to get  it processed I need to put in this $0.01 order + shipping, the seller had a free shipping option but very slow so I ended up paying $3 for faster shipping.  Also in both cases they did not ask me to return the defective part (good: did not cost me to ship it, bad: how would they know this will not be a future quality issue?).

I had a similar replacement issue with my Racework carbon crankset. It took a bit of back-n-forth, over a month to get a replacement, a few reminders to send me the crank arm and then I paid 11 cents to get the replacement arm. Shipping was quick once it was shipped. Honestly I haven't had any major issues with AliEx sellers. I even received a replacement carbon hub for free. The biggest issue is just the time it takes to get the replacement! So it's good to have a backup component/s while you wait!

jcr

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2023, 12:10:28 PM »
More fun updates….the seller said they can’t order a right shifter…. So I had to open a dispute to get partial refund and bought a right shifter from “Sensah store” and has shipped out already. I guess no more ordering from third party even though Sensah store is not official store but they carry after sale service.

s3si1u

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2023, 05:01:05 AM »
I had an issue with one of the couple of Sensah groupsets I bought. Funnily enough, the only one with issues was bought from a US seller  ;D
the rear derailleur pulley bolts were flipped, shift cables routed incorrectly and the little cap at the top of the left shift lever was loose and rattling. Everything was an easy fix, though. Hope you get it all sorted!
Instagram: @aerosloth