Author Topic: Customs/painting/hidden fees? (Velobuild to USA) And a few noob questions  (Read 522 times)

mvbanana

Planning on building up a Velobuild VB-R-066 rim brake frame, but if there are any other rim brake frames with relaxed geometry out there I'd love to see them.  Kinda surprised there don't seem to be a lot of rim brake frames out there considering they're disappearing from the name brands these days.

I'm using an entire groupset and wheels from a donor bike, but I figure I'll need a new crankset because the donor bike is PF30.  I've been trying to look into bottom brackets that would let me use 30mm spindle cranks but from what I've read it probably isn't gonna work out.

I'm assuming I'm stuck with black paint unless I want to pay extra.

I was wondering if there are any customs/other unforeseen fees I should watch out for.  In 2014 I bought a complete bike from Taiwan and had to pay $300 just for customs which was a great way to kickstart buyer's remorse...

Cheers

s3si1u

Planning on building up a Velobuild VB-R-066 rim brake frame, but if there are any other rim brake frames with relaxed geometry out there I'd love to see them.  Kinda surprised there don't seem to be a lot of rim brake frames out there considering they're disappearing from the name brands these days.

I'm using an entire groupset and wheels from a donor bike, but I figure I'll need a new crankset because the donor bike is PF30.  I've been trying to look into bottom brackets that would let me use 30mm spindle cranks but from what I've read it probably isn't gonna work out.

I'm assuming I'm stuck with black paint unless I want to pay extra.

I was wondering if there are any customs/other unforeseen fees I should watch out for.  In 2014 I bought a complete bike from Taiwan and had to pay $300 just for customs which was a great way to kickstart buyer's remorse...

Cheers

in the US I haven't had to pay customs fees on frames from any Chinese seller! If you're in the US you should have the same results, can anyone else verify?

You're correct, VB's listed price is for unpainted frames. Paint is extra $ but very reasonable compared to paint job prices here in the US
Instagram: @aerosloth

00Garza

I’ve purchased from velobuild, BTLOS, Yoeleo, Aliexpress and never had import fees.