Author Topic: Campagnolo freehub body for Ican hubs?  (Read 584 times)

dustedrob

Campagnolo freehub body for Ican hubs?
« on: April 13, 2023, 09:23:31 PM »
I have an Alpha 35 disc wheelset from Ican that I really like with my shimano bike but now I want to take it to a bike with a Campagnolo groupset. Unfortunately, after talking to their customer service, they don't have a campy freehub body for that wheelset and aren't interested in selling one to me so I'm trying to figure out if there's a compatible freehub body from Aliexpress that will fit. Does Ican make their own hubs or just rebrand them from another source? Where can I find it? Also, how whould I go about actually changing the body? The hub doesn't seem to have any cones that I can loosen to extract the freehub.
Thanks for the help.

Sebastian

Re: Campagnolo freehub body for Ican hubs?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 12:16:15 AM »
No need to use Campy cassettes for 11 and 12 speed unless you really desperately want to. I used various Campy 11 groupsets with both Campag cassettes and other manufacturers. No difference. There’s just too limited space to make a difference in cassette spacing. And GCN Germany did a vid about the compatibility of 12 speed cassettes between manufacturers. Same thing. Everything works with everything basically. You might have to trim a bit here and there.