Author Topic: Suspension setup - how hard is it?  (Read 420 times)

jannmayer

Suspension setup - how hard is it?
« on: April 13, 2023, 10:43:03 PM »
I've been looking to get a full suspension bike and have been going back and forth for a long time between the Carbonda FM909 or a larger "name" brand. One of the arguments against getting the frame from Carbonda is that I would have to buy the shock separately and set it up.

I have very little experience with full suspension bikes. How hard is setting up a shock for the FM909 or a similar frame? I don't spend a whole lot of time dialing my fork in and don't need to have the perfect setup, but I do want something that rides well and pedals efficiently.

Vipassana

Re: Suspension setup - how hard is it?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2023, 10:06:49 AM »
I think it's a non-issue to be honest. Most shocks/forks will come with a manual that gives you the basic starting points for air pressure/rebound and you can make small adjustments from there as you ride and learn the bike.  It's pretty simple.

Of course, you can get more detailed into suspension tuning if you'd like. There's websites, videos, and electronic tools dedicated to doing so. One that comes to mind is the shockwiz, which you can rent from vendors on pink bike or maybe local shops. It's really not necessary for most people I think.