Author Topic: Fake eeWings titanium cranks  (Read 1141 times)

Machine

Fake eeWings titanium cranks
« on: May 01, 2023, 10:13:33 PM »
I just became aware of the counterfeit eeBrakes and eeWings available on AliExpress. Reports on the brakes are mostly positive. Has anyone tried, or heard of anyone trying the eeWings cranks?

US $395.99 | Handmade Titanium Crankset MTB Crank ARMS Immortal Ti Crank Mountain bike Crank arms Road Bike Crankset Titanium MTB Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tPT52

Vipassana

Re: Fake eeWings titanium cranks
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 02:40:20 PM »
I've been watching the cranks for a few months now hoping for some reviews to roll in. I'm interested to see if they are junk or not. 

kbernstein

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 02:56:43 PM »
I've been watching the cranks for a few months now hoping for some reviews to roll in. I'm interested to see if they are junk or not.

Are you after titanium specifically? TraceVelo just released a video about light carbon cranks today

dsveddy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 08:52:51 AM »
I just became aware of the counterfeit eeBrakes and eeWings available on AliExpress. Reports on the brakes are mostly positive. Has anyone tried, or heard of anyone trying the eeWings cranks?

US $395.99 | Handmade Titanium Crankset MTB Crank ARMS Immortal Ti Crank Mountain bike Crank arms Road Bike Crankset Titanium MTB Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0tPT52

Sick cranks but the welds in those pictures look disgusting  :-\

00Garza

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 10:05:22 AM »
Sick cranks but the welds in those pictures look disgusting  :-\

Oh man. I hadn't taken a close look at them. That is horrid indeed. Absolutely not confidence inspiring. Supposedly ti is pretty hard to work with. Don't think these are worth the risk of failure.

People have bought them according to ali reviews, but I have not seen or read any reviews elsewhere online.

Vipassana

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2023, 01:18:00 PM »
Are you after titanium specifically? TraceVelo just released a video about light carbon cranks today

I was interested because I was considering a full titanium build using eewings.  I can get X01/GX carbon units used cheap enough on PinkBike with some hunting that I probably won't bother with the Chinese alternatives. Bought a brand new X01 take off set a couple months ago for $225.