Author Topic: Scott Foil replica  (Read 1202 times)

abdbeg

Scott Foil replica
« on: May 09, 2023, 11:43:10 PM »
Recvently noticed that there's a new Scott Foil 2023 replica with just mind blowing quality, i attached photos that seller sent me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 11:45:53 PM by abdbeg »

abdbeg

Re: Scott Foil replica
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:45:32 PM »

Zdrenka89

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 02:40:59 AM »
Im pretty sure that bike in the pictures is the real deal.

Check this video from GC performance:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 02:43:00 AM by Zdrenka89 »

patliean1

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 07:43:27 AM »
I'd take a Tan Tan TT-X38 over a fake Scott Foil.

Just like the Trek Madone, there are too many proprietary parts on that frame to replicate which would raise safety concerns.

abdbeg

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 11:48:45 PM »
Im pretty sure that bike in the pictures is the real deal.

Check this video from GC performance:

I coudn't find the source of these photos, and i know this background and fake grass, they use it for other frames as well, so it's a real

I'd take a Tan Tan TT-X38 over a fake Scott Foil.

Just like the Trek Madone, there are too many proprietary parts on that frame to replicate which would raise safety concerns.

Yeah me too, but i just coudn't stand on how beutifull proprietary seatpost and handlebar looks on OG foil.

joegal

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 01:52:46 AM »
I coudn't find the source of these photos, and i know this background and fake grass, they use it for other frames as well, so it's a real

Maybe they bought/borrowed the real bike to take some nice photos and then sell their fake framesets? Who knows...

Sebastian

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 02:13:46 AM »
I mean how likely is it that they would produce Syncros branded bottle cage bolts for a fake frame? Can’t be sure. But I think the photos are showing the real thing.

Serge_K

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 05:33:44 AM »
I mean how likely is it that they would produce Syncros branded bottle cage bolts for a fake frame? Can’t be sure. But I think the photos are showing the real thing.

if i were making fakes... it's one of the cheapest ways to make your stuff look legit. Or maybe the bolts are legit. I was in China eons ago, there were shops selling branded paper bags and branded logos in various formats. Some with authentic spelling mistakes, it was hilarious. There's also a big market for authentic branded bags and boxes, precisely because it's cheap, but gives a veneer of authenticity to the fake product.
Thieves are often creative people.

Trilobite

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 06:52:11 AM »
Usually, replica frames are not made in the same mould and have some details that differ to the real deal. For instance SL7 has a different design where chainstay and seatstay meet, front derailleur mount is different and of course, the paintjobs are not 1:1 the same. The difference under the paintjob, we don't even have to start...
In general, they look very similar and most will not recognize it but experts can identify immediately.

This beast here looks absolutely identical to the OEM Foil. And I mean every single detail including the paintjob. I have a hard time believing that they show the fake one here. I suspect they made some pictures when they had the original Foil frame to reverse engineer it for the replica moulds.