Author Topic: "Slow" customer service by Carbonda  (Read 1011 times)

Brady

"Slow" customer service by Carbonda
« on: May 10, 2023, 08:32:46 PM »
Hey just wondering if anyone has had bad customer experience with Carbonda?

I'm made up my mind I would like a frame and rims from them, and I wait 2-3 days between emails from them. It's really annoying! Wing was the first to reply to my query, and when I finally heard back it was from Adam, and now I haven't heard from them in 2 days.

I appreciated the reviews of their products on this site but must say I'm ready to forget about them.

Just wondering if this is typical or something unique?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 04:50:02 PM by Brady »

kbernstein

Re: Terrible customer service by Carbonda
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 04:58:09 AM »
I think you're just entitled sorry. I had 44 emails with Adam and he would usually reply in 1-2 business days, but busy months happen.
When I saw the title I expected bad faith warranty rejects or rude emails. I've had misunderstandings and I had to double e-mail because he forgot, but overall Adam is very understanding, patient and polite and I suggest you do the same. If you buy from china you must be ready for these conditions.
If you want overnight shipping there's amazon. You'll survive.

jannmayer

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 08:43:54 AM »
2-3 days isn't bad at all, especially because they is a large time difference. That's still a quicker response than many of the "name brands" even when they are only a time zone or two away.

00Garza

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 09:21:00 AM »
1-2 days is good by chinese standards. Timezone difference, language barrier, production timelines...all will delay communication.

coffeebreak

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 10:39:32 AM »
Email replies delayed by 1 day? After reading the word terrible in title I thought they sent cracked frame, then left you high and dry and blocked you on social media. Communicated extensively with Wing over emails and his was the most detailed conversation by Chinese open mold seller's standard. Same for Adam (over messenger) - sent me detailed diagrams, all technical information about 696 and I didn't even buy that frame from there. All in all, I wouldn't call that as terrible.

Linsook

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 10:09:28 PM »
Lol. 

carbonazza

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 01:07:00 AM »
Email replies delayed by 1 day? After reading the word terrible in title I thought they sent cracked frame, then left you high and dry and blocked you on social media....

Thought about the same, then... oh... no... it is a first time buyer experiencing distance and other-culture communication 8)
Don't worry Brady, be cool and nice with them and everything will be fine.

hwpaints

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 02:24:00 AM »
try to give the big brands a mail, iff you get a answer in a month you are lucky.
my experience with the Chinese brands are realy good when it goes about reply the mail, bad experience with delivery times.

kbernstein

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 02:51:39 AM »
try to give the big brands a mail, iff you get a answer in a month you are lucky.
my experience with the Chinese brands are realy good when it goes about reply the mail, bad experience with delivery times.

That's actually a good point. I've emailed a bunch of western recognizable brands like garbaruk, rotor, wolftooth, focus, canyon and probably more that I can't think of
No reply at all from wolftooth and focus, canyon employee was visibly annoyed, used familiar language and overall unprofessional manners and rotor took a couple weeks. only garbaruk had quick, polite and to-the-point answer. I'm not sure why OP expected a special treatment from carbonda

JohnnyRabbit

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 10:35:35 PM »
They have tons of orders coming in from around the globe, peak season is here and they are a small team working their ass off. It's well worth the wait for the quality and the price you will pay.

Brady

Re: slow customer service by Carbonda
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 10:37:02 PM »
Ok ok I admit “terrible customer service” was a strong choice of words.

Now that it’s been established that I’m an “entitled” first timer,  I know that if I need to send 44 emails back and forth it will be an 88 day process to order my frame.

Hopefully others who stumble on this site and thread will now be aware of the expected time frame they are looking at for the process.

PS
I wasn’t rude at all to Wing or Adam, as momma said “that’s not how to get what you want.”

svanimpe

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 01:57:53 AM »
If you need to send 44 emails before you place an order, I also consider that being entitled. No company has time to answer 44 emails from a potential customer. That probably puts them at a net loss for that order.

I've dealt with many companies in my life, and Carbonda ranks among the top when it comes to response times, and being helpful/informative.

I once tried to ask Specialized what hubs they were using in their "DT Swiss" wheels, because I needed to order a different freehub body. It took me weeks of jumping through hoops and going through many different channels, before I got a useful answer (they were using Novatec hubs btw).

kbernstein

Re: slow customer service by Carbonda
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 04:03:49 AM »
Ok ok I admit “terrible customer service” was a strong choice of words.

Now that it’s been established that I’m an “entitled” first timer,  I know that if I need to send 44 emails back and forth it will be an 88 day process to order my frame.

Hopefully others who stumble on this site and thread will now be aware of the expected time frame they are looking at for the process.

PS
I wasn’t rude at all to Wing or Adam, as momma said “that’s not how to get what you want.”

44 was to get the paint designed for the most part. Between payment and them sending me a picture for approval was just 2 weeks.
 I don't think I'm being very picky or putting them at a loss for 40 messages (20 each) for a 1100usd transaction. And entitlement is certainly not the right word

2old2mould

Re: "Slow" customer service by Carbonda
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2023, 10:17:23 AM »
I've had fits and starts in terms of comms with Carbonda but generally they are very good and the attention to detail is good also. In my experience having orded several frames direct they are at least in the top 3 suppliers, if not the top 2. My main criticism with them would be about paint quality (actually more about pantone accuracy) but that's very minor and mostly my own fault for having expectations of receiving a Trek Project One style paint job for $80  ;D

Actually, my main gripe with them is that they only have very limited models available. I own a CFR1056 and a 707 and would have had an Aero frame off them if they had one that looked decent (definitely NOT a fan of the 515).