Author Topic: Bleeding SRAM AXS - Do I have to cut and replace the barb and olive?  (Read 434 times)

s3si1u

Hi y'all,

Looking to do some maintenance on my 177 in the coming week or two, namely replacing the headset bearings and a full bleed.
In order to replace the headset bearings I'll have to disconnect the hoses and remove from the handlebars. Running the hydraulic hoses back through the bars and bleeding is simple enough these days and will take me an hour, but I'm concerned about having to cut the hoses, I'd rather not cut if I don't have to. My question is, does anyone know if I absolutely have to cut and replace the shifter end barb and red olive? Anything stopping me from simply reconnecting the hoses?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help!

Instagram: @aerosloth

jonathanf2

Hi y'all,

Looking to do some maintenance on my 177 in the coming week or two, namely replacing the headset bearings and a full bleed.
In order to replace the headset bearings I'll have to disconnect the hoses and remove from the handlebars. Running the hydraulic hoses back through the bars and bleeding is simple enough these days and will take me an hour, but I'm concerned about having to cut the hoses, I'd rather not cut if I don't have to. My question is, does anyone know if I absolutely have to cut and replace the shifter end barb and red olive? Anything stopping me from simply reconnecting the hoses?

Thanks in advance for y'all's help!

I don't think it will be an issue as long as the locking nut is tightly sealed after removal.The other issue though is that the lock nut and the olive are stuck on the hose requiring you to cut it anyways. Though you might be able to wedge out using the barb-n-olive tool to slide out the olive.