Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71937 times)

zerstorer

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2023, 05:21:44 AM »
I wish there was a general gear shift trim feature in the app on top of the individual gear tuning, sort of like the barrel adjuster on a mechanical RD. I got it perfectly set up on the road but when I put the bike on my direct drive turbo, the indexing on that cassette is just slightly off enough in a few gears to be really annoying. But adjusting the individual gears every time I put the bike on and off the trainer is super tedious.

A better alternative would be to have individual profiles within the app that you can save to. So you can just load the profile when needed.

Sebastian

« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2023, 07:35:05 AM »

I was thinking about using er9 for my commuter, but somehow that's a no go then.  :o

I mean you could even save various presets in the app. One for every wheelset or the trainer and just switch between indexing settings via app. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. I’d love that. I’ll send them an email.

Pedaldancer

« Reply #362 on: December 30, 2023, 06:15:40 AM »
I mean you could even save various presets in the app. One for every wheelset or the trainer and just switch between indexing settings via app. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement. I’d love that. I’ll send them an email.

Since yesterday when I wrote that i had the same idea. So there could be a set of different rear wheels. That would be the perfect solution. I am very curious what they reply to you.

Besides that, I hope they improve the sealing quickly on the rear derailleur plug.

hubertus

« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2024, 02:24:02 PM »
My rear derailleur stopped working as of a couple of days ago. I was starting a casual ride, and out of nowhere it stopped shifting. The motor makes a sound but no shifting happens. FD works totally fine.

The template below was shared when talking to customer service.

jonathanf2

« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2024, 06:13:38 PM »
I was really interested in the ER9/X, but with all these failures, I honestly can't see myself ever buying anything from LTwoo.

mirphak

« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2024, 01:59:35 AM »
The mechanical ones work fine, at least the RX12. But yeah, really disappointing how much the electronic ones fail

mrpercussive

« Reply #366 on: January 05, 2024, 09:00:13 AM »
Anyone else experienced this issue? Seems to happen at temperatures around 40 degrees F mid ride after sitting outside while i'm at a cafe for like an hour. The big paddle kinda stops the small paddle from releasing itself and thus the continuous shifts. Seems to fix itself though after i get home and put the bike in the house. Has so far happened twice.  Emailed L-Twoo last week and have yet to hear back

https://youtube.com/shorts/1CciDVTh-U0?feature=share

Pedaldancer

« Reply #367 on: January 05, 2024, 02:29:15 PM »
The mechanical ones work fine, at least the RX12. But yeah, really disappointing how much the electronic ones fail

The thumb shifter is something ... well, you like it or hate it, I guess.  ::).
With all the rear derailleur failures,  my brain clearly says "no way". It's pretty bad, they must have underestimated the power of splashing water.

Dark17

« Reply #368 on: January 05, 2024, 03:04:16 PM »
Maybe my unit is lucky because I get caught in the rain a couple of times and it's still flawlessly working. Tho I'll be changing the groupset to 105 Di2 because I wanted a more reliable brand and I'll be using the LTwoo as a placeholder for my next project which is a Gravel bike until I score myself some SRAM Force or Rival
rematistang jempoy (sprinter fred) from The Philippines

mirphak

« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2024, 03:23:00 PM »
With all the rear derailleur failures,  my brain clearly says "no way". It's pretty bad, they must have underestimated the power of splashing water.

I don't really mind it, but have a slight preference toward the shimano styled shifters. Sensah style is not perfect either with that super long not-so-precise push for going up 1 or 2 times ;) .

mirphak

« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2024, 03:24:40 PM »
Maybe my unit is lucky because I get caught in the rain a couple of times and it's still flawlessly working. Tho I'll be changing the groupset to 105 Di2 because I wanted a more reliable brand and I'll be using the LTwoo as a placeholder for my next project which is a Gravel bike until I score myself some SRAM Force or Rival

Sounds reasonable. The more I read about these problems with Ltwoo, the more I am happy with my purchase of the Rival (aliexpress) + GX (bike-discount) AXS combo for the Ti gravel project. Almost at the same price than the Ltwoo offering.

jonathanf2

« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2024, 04:14:52 PM »

I'm really hoping Wheeltop or a future Sensah electronic groupset offer reliable competition. As far as I'm concerned LTwoo has dropped the ball for being an alternative electronic groupset.

I don't really mind it, but have a slight preference toward the shimano styled shifters. Sensah style is not perfect either with that super long not-so-precise push for going up 1 or 2 times ;) .

Same here I also prefer Shimano style shifting, but I've grown rather fond of Sensah shifting. The brake levers can be adjusted to be placed closer to the bars, allowing for an easier shifting throw. Also I feel Sensah shifts a bit smoother in the lower gears compared to Shimano. I would get the Sensah HRD shfiters, but I have a couple of hydro Ultegra shifters laying around I've been too lazy to install!  ;D

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #372 on: January 06, 2024, 06:47:35 AM »

Yeah, who would have thought that there are people that use their bike when it rains... They could have never predicted that kind of abuse...  ::)

If you design a derailleur it should even work submerged...

Pedaldancer

« Reply #373 on: January 06, 2024, 05:09:30 PM »
Yeah, who would have thought that there are people that use their bike when it rains... They could have never predicted that kind of abuse...  ::)

If you design a derailleur it should even work submerged...

Rain and washing the bike are absolutely crazy things  :D.
Well, a short submersion should have no impact, but I wouldn't demand it to be fine with hours of diving.
It's a challenge to run electronic stuff in the environment. But it's not impossible. I never had issues with my di2 due to water.

Sebastian

« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2024, 12:52:07 AM »
I've done around 1000k on er9 now. About 250k since I sealed the cable plug on the RD with silicon grease. It's been working flawlessly ever since. I did another wet ride and washed the bike after. No problems. I haven't done anything to the plug on the FD because I don't think that there's an issue with that connection. Ever since the latest FD firmware update the trimming function works a bit better, too. I'm quite happy with it, for the money anyway. So far, that is. :)