Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71673 times)

aramus1979

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2024, 06:28:39 AM »
Hello everyone, since yesterday I am the owner of the Ltwoo ER9 group and I have a question for the distinguished group about trimming - how does it work in your sets? It works fine on a small countertop, but on a large countertop it's like magic for me

Serge_K

« Reply #466 on: March 06, 2024, 02:53:12 PM »
Hello everyone, since yesterday I am the owner of the Ltwoo ER9 group and I have a question for the distinguished group about trimming - how does it work in your sets? It works fine on a small countertop, but on a large countertop it's like magic for me

The app is great for calibration. you start by upgrading the FD & RD firmware, choose the number of gears you're running, and then you play with the app to fine tune everything. It's much more pleasant that using cables, especially the FD.
There's a useful function that prevents cross chaining (the last 2 cogs on each end of the cassette). With that, either i dont need to trim, or it's trimming on its own.

aramus1979

« Reply #467 on: March 06, 2024, 04:03:57 PM »
Ok, thank you for the advice, and is it also the case that if the chain is on a small tabletop, you can use one half-speed, and if on a large tabletop, you have as many as four of these half-speeds at your disposal?

Sebastian

« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2024, 12:26:38 AM »
Ok, thank you for the advice, and is it also the case that if the chain is on a small tabletop, you can use one half-speed, and if on a large tabletop, you have as many as four of these half-speeds at your disposal?

I don't really need the trim feature as I never really get chain rub. I use the "gear protection" feature to avoid cross chaining so the RD will avoid the two most extreme opposite gears of the respective chainring. The way I understand the trim feature is that whenever you press the button of the chainring that you're already in, the FD will reposition itself depending on the gear you're in at the back. So the more extreme you're cross chaining, the bigger the adjustment that the FD will make if you use the trim feature. But that's just my observation.

But like I said: Since I never get chain rub, I don't really bother to use the trim feature. I just shift the front when I have to.

aramus1979

« Reply #469 on: March 07, 2024, 03:42:06 AM »
everything works :) precise adjustment of the front derailleur again eliminated the problem (very precise setting was the key to success). The half-speed gears work properly, but it's a pity that they are not automatic like in Shimano, they have to be corrected manually by pressing a button. Maybe the next update will introduce such an option. Thank you very much for help

Hemacher

« Reply #470 on: March 07, 2024, 04:26:16 AM »
You need to somehow seal the plug at the RD to make it 100% waterproof. Otherwise you’re definitely gonna have issues. Silicone grease worked for me. Silicone sealant or Teflon tape could work as well, I guess. Other than that I had zero issues so far. This seems to be the most common problem.

Oh okay that means there is no updated Version of from LTWOO to solve this problem.
Can not understand why they didn´t update the sealing to stop this problems.

Sebastian

« Reply #471 on: March 07, 2024, 05:49:47 AM »
everything works :) precise adjustment of the front derailleur again eliminated the problem (very precise setting was the key to success). The half-speed gears work properly, but it's a pity that they are not automatic like in Shimano, they have to be corrected manually by pressing a button. Maybe the next update will introduce such an option. Thank you very much for help

It used to be automatic. LTWOO had to remove that feature due to an infringement of Shimano's patent, it appears. So I doubt it'll happen anytime soon.

Sebastian

« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2024, 05:50:50 AM »
Oh okay that means there is no updated Version of from LTWOO to solve this problem.
Can not understand why they didn´t update the sealing to stop this problems.

It seems that there's an update to this groupset underway. So maybe they will address the issue.

cramy

« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2024, 07:21:40 AM »

Benbenben

« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2024, 04:37:52 PM »
It will be interesting to see how LTwoo manages the release of the new version

I also hope it's available on Ali before the next big sale this month

RDY

« Reply #476 on: March 08, 2024, 05:44:25 AM »
New version looks a lot better.  Particularly the calipers.  Hopefully all of this will be simultaneously added to the gravel version.

I think this revision will probably pressure Wheeltop to lower prices a touch.

raisinberry777

« Reply #477 on: March 08, 2024, 05:45:01 AM »
EGR now available on the L-Twoo AliEx Choice store:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006636427506.html

Fleckinger

« Reply #478 on: March 12, 2024, 09:49:42 AM »
Short review of the updated ERX version from ChinaCycling.

youtube.com/watch?v=tq-Jat7ZmGQ

00Garza

« Reply #479 on: March 12, 2024, 12:05:14 PM »
Short review of the updated ERX version from ChinaCycling.

youtube.com/watch?v=tq-Jat7ZmGQ

Wish I could get those updated calipers for my GR9 groupset.