Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71678 times)

gloscherrybomb

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2024, 04:51:40 AM »
They most likely say 46t to play it safe with tolerances. Even the big brands are known to be conservative on their max capacity numbers. It may not work in all situations with a 50t, so they say 46 max.

Confirmed 46t max. Am I right in thinking a hanger extender will allow me to use my 50t without issue?

atlet

« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2024, 06:08:16 AM »
Where to buy Ltwoo eR9 for aroudn 400€?

SirBikealot

« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2024, 07:09:03 AM »
Where to buy Ltwoo eR9 for aroudn 400€?
AliX (80 designer store) is the answer. Right now at 532$ and at the checkout incl. VAT-discount, 18$ cupon and exchange rate to € i end up at that 400€ mark.

TidyDinosaur

« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2024, 09:54:49 AM »
Do not forget sales will start next week.

boxof13

« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2024, 05:41:21 PM »
Does anyone know if we can pair eGR with the front derailleur from eR9/eRX? I'd like to have 2x chainring at the front with eGR rear derailleur. The eGR shifter almost looks exactly the same as the new eRX shifter, with larger buttons.

Serge_K

« Reply #500 on: March 16, 2024, 11:40:30 AM »
The template below was shared when talking to customer service.

That saved my bacon, thank you. Basically my group wasn't charged, I thought it was, it wasn't, the battery pack I've been using goes to sleep after a while and stops charging it seems. Anyway. Ofc my phone itself was nearly dead so I didn't manage to get much of a charge from it while on the road. Back home, the RD was stuck. Following that decision tree, all I had to do was reset the RD by pressing the RD button for 5-10 seconds (I had removed the chain), and then recalibrated the gears which took five minutes (chain back on obviously).
Be smarter than me people, make sure your group is charged...

aramus1979

« Reply #501 on: March 16, 2024, 03:34:58 PM »
Do your front derailleur guides wear off the chain so quickly? I've traveled maybe 500 km and the derailleur slide looks bad. What will it be like when I've traveled 5,000 km? It's probably a hole right through. I'm very concerned about this

mario

« Reply #502 on: March 16, 2024, 04:08:11 PM »
I had a deal worked out with ltwoo regarding
Bring in to USA the electronic group set but they did not
Respond to providing me with a couple units for warranty exchange
For my USA based customers. The group set is great
And have it installed on 2 of my personal bikes
No problem with the set up and all went well..it now
Going on 1 and 1/2 years of full experience..
I'm glad you have yours working if I can help any one else
Be happy to.

Ronronson

« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2024, 11:48:44 AM »
What's the general feeling towards ltwoo erx in spring 2024? I've been tempted to pull the trigger on a number of occasions but too many of the YT influencers saying it's not a finished product, has inherent problems etc ( maybe ltwoo aren't paying them enough to endorse). Aliexpress have a sale this week, never been a better time to buy however I value reliability over anything.

jonathanf2

« Reply #504 on: March 17, 2024, 12:09:40 PM »
What's the general feeling towards ltwoo erx in spring 2024? I've been tempted to pull the trigger on a number of occasions but too many of the YT influencers saying it's not a finished product, has inherent problems etc ( maybe ltwoo aren't paying them enough to endorse). Aliexpress have a sale this week, never been a better time to buy however I value reliability over anything.

I've been thinking about this myself. With the "blue edition" around the corner, I have a feeling LTwoo is trying to off-load the remaining product before release of the updated model. Maybe if I was building up a new frame right now and wanted to save some money on the groupset, I might pull the trigger. If I was upgrading a current frame to electronic, I might wait for the new version to be released.

Serge_K

« Reply #505 on: March 17, 2024, 01:57:42 PM »
If you value reliability over ANYTHING, then buy Shimano.
YouTubers often receive early units and they serve as beta testers. Bad strategy? These YouTubers had the battery with tabs and not springs, which caused most of the concerns.
Your concern over shilling is also warranted. Anybody who has a discount code on anything has an interest in you spending more, mathematically. And so if you don't see a discount code on l-twoo, they don't stand to benefit, which is worse. If they don't make money from it but then users report problems, then they just shit themselves in the foot twice.
I'm very happy with my 5 er9, but I kind of want them to fail to see what happens. I enjoy the tinkering and the grind of making my own bike infinitely more than buying off the shelf pre packaged branded stuff. Shimano for me is a patent troll and SRAM is the worst assemble of engineers in recent bike history, so I will get out of my way to try alternatives.
I still use a Shimano group on an old bike. That stuff will never die. You probably should buy Shimano if your key concern is reliability. L-twoo electric groups didn't exist a year ago. Nobody can tell you how they age long term. They may age like fine wine, they may age like Lindsay Lohan. Do you want modern day Lindsay Lohan on your bike?

boxof13

« Reply #506 on: March 17, 2024, 02:36:34 PM »
If you value reliability over ANYTHING, then buy Shimano.
YouTubers often receive early units and they serve as beta testers. Bad strategy? These YouTubers had the battery with tabs and not springs, which caused most of the concerns.
Your concern over shilling is also warranted. Anybody who has a discount code on anything has an interest in you spending more, mathematically. And so if you don't see a discount code on l-twoo, they don't stand to benefit, which is worse. If they don't make money from it but then users report problems, then they just shit themselves in the foot twice.
I'm very happy with my 5 er9, but I kind of want them to fail to see what happens. I enjoy the tinkering and the grind of making my own bike infinitely more than buying off the shelf pre packaged branded stuff. Shimano for me is a patent troll and SRAM is the worst assemble of engineers in recent bike history, so I will get out of my way to try alternatives.
I still use a Shimano group on an old bike. That stuff will never die. You probably should buy Shimano if your key concern is reliability. L-twoo electric groups didn't exist a year ago. Nobody can tell you how they age long term. They may age like fine wine, they may age like Lindsay Lohan. Do you want modern day Lindsay Lohan on your bike?

I have to agree with many of these. I am now already >5000km on my first eR9. I have to admit, almost half of which are indoor Zwift rides (don't blame me, I am a fair-weather rider and don't like to be miserable on the bike during winter). I got another set for my wife's bike. These days, with discount codes, you can almost buy two eR9s for a price of Shimano 105 Di2. That is just a no brainer for me when I want to maintain more than two bikes. It's also convenient to have "spare" parts on one bike if/when anything goes wrong on the other. Some stores on AE are now listing individual parts already.
I am actually thinking of getting another set for my commuter bike. Still trying to figure out if I should get eGR or eR9. I want to run 2x on eGR, but not sure if that works. I'd imagine if the firmware allows, it should be straightforward since everything else is identical. I do have an extra front derailleur to use, so that would be great.
I am hoping my eR9s would age like Lindsay Lohan on fine wine diet.

coffeebreak

« Reply #507 on: March 17, 2024, 06:25:16 PM »
Am I blind or there really is no rim brake version of ER?

raisinberry777

« Reply #508 on: March 17, 2024, 08:06:20 PM »
Am I blind or there really is no rim brake version of ER?

No rim brake version. Seems like Wheeltop is basically the only Chinese option for electronic and rim brake.

atlet

« Reply #509 on: March 18, 2024, 03:47:23 AM »
AliX (80 designer store) is the answer. Right now at 532$ and at the checkout incl. VAT-discount, 18$ cupon and exchange rate to € i end up at that 400€ mark.

Today they have sales. at checkout the price was 372€.