Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71482 times)

J-S-Q

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #510 on: March 18, 2024, 03:49:48 AM »
Do your front derailleur guides wear off the chain so quickly? I've traveled maybe 500 km and the derailleur slide looks bad. What will it be like when I've traveled 5,000 km? It's probably a hole right through. I'm very concerned about this

This seems a bit concerning. Is anyone else seeing something similar?

« Reply #511 on: March 18, 2024, 04:47:31 AM »

I've got about 2000km on my ER9, only some scrapes on the FD guide.
Maybe the limit position is incorrectly set on OP's setup? Or he isn't hitting the trim button every couple of shifts?

zerstorer

« Reply #512 on: March 18, 2024, 09:07:25 AM »
Looks like the chainline or the limits are not properly set. There shouldn't be rubbing during normal riding.

aramus1979

« Reply #513 on: March 18, 2024, 10:24:53 AM »
end positions set correctly, there is no friction during normal driving, what you see in the photo was only caused by changing from a small top to a large top

Chiyou

« Reply #514 on: March 18, 2024, 10:35:45 AM »
Also when you buy the "no battery" option, does this mean you still get the battery holder and have to buy the batteries yourself, or do you have to buy a battery case?

You buy the batteries yourself, everything else comes with the kit (battery holder, charger, wires). Also, my shifters came with the coin cell batteries installed, no need to purchase these.

jonathanf2

« Reply #515 on: March 18, 2024, 01:08:05 PM »
Given the choice with the current sale, would you go with ER9 or ERX? With the ER9 I could offset the weight adding a lightweight 12 speed cassette and 2x chainring. I've been thinking of going 12 speed 52-36/11-34t. If I opt for the ERX, I'd stay 50-34/11-32t. Either option would be priced the same with the discount codes.

toxin

« Reply #516 on: March 18, 2024, 01:28:55 PM »
Er9, the weight difference is tiny

Benbenben

« Reply #517 on: March 19, 2024, 10:38:23 AM »
I placed the order on Ali for the er9, with the 80$ discount code ( I needed a few other things so I did reach the 500$ order), the er9 came to 350 USD with 80 designer store. Shipped to Canada.

Sebastian

« Reply #518 on: March 19, 2024, 11:55:56 AM »

This is my FD after roughly 2.500km of use. The finish wears away and there is this copper coloured layer below. Where the chain hits the cage, it’s basically polished down to the bare steel. But there’s no scrapes or ridges. So I think it’ll last. The black stuff is just wax. I’m not really concerned by these wear marks.

aramus1979

« Reply #519 on: March 19, 2024, 02:42:59 PM »
I see that your FD base is also worn out after driving 2,500 km, and I cover about 10,000 km per season, so it's scary to think what it will look like after a year of use. I think that after 2 years the FD will need to be replaced and this will add up to additional costs

Sebastian

« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2024, 03:04:26 PM »
I don't think I'd call that worn out. Maybe the pic makes it look worse than it looks in the flesh. It's really only the surface finish that's worn off. What looks like scrape marks is really only residue of wax and dirt. The metal itself is fine. But we'll see.
I got a Campy FD on my other bike that looks very similar. They put a sort of low friction coating on their FD cages to ease up front shifting. It wears off where the chain touches the cage which makes it look pretty horrible. But the thing is still fine after tens of thousands of km. I have no reason to believe that the chain is going to eat away the steel cage. But I guess we'll see.

SirBikealot

« Reply #521 on: March 19, 2024, 03:26:56 PM »
finally pulled the trigger yesterday. 330€ without maybe customs was too temting. Has anyone replaced the breakpads by now and can say, if there is a shimano alternertive? and if yes which model does fit?

boxof13

« Reply #522 on: March 19, 2024, 09:32:08 PM »
finally pulled the trigger yesterday. 330€ without maybe customs was too temting. Has anyone replaced the breakpads by now and can say, if there is a shimano alternertive? and if yes which model does fit?

I paired my eR9 with ZRace XG caliper and Cooma Elite pads (the pink ones). I am just impressed with the Cooma pads. For the price, it has no business being so good and I have used all different kinds of Shimano pads before. I can comfortably say they are almost as good as Shimano's. Please note that I weight somewhere between 68-70kg, depending on the days, so that may change the results. Also impressed with the very minimal disc squealing noise.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 09:39:41 PM by boxof13 »

coffeebreak

« Reply #523 on: March 19, 2024, 10:55:09 PM »
Man, I am >< this close to pulling trigger on that $380 ER9 but the imminent launch of upgraded version is stopping me.  It's supposed to go on an existing bike (replacing mechanical Ultegra). But then in the comparison video on China cycling it appears that RD, cable port, charging port basically parts that have been reportedly suseptible to water damage are not updated and are same as current ER9/X. They updated FD but from what I read on these pages, the FD isn't really prone to getting the water in.

Avalius

« Reply #524 on: March 20, 2024, 07:55:55 AM »
Was doubting but with the sale i've got a full ER9 group with Zrace rotors and Senicx crank for 500usd. I'm racing these bikes, curious how ER9 will react to the Belgian kermesse races ;-)