Author Topic: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets  (Read 71545 times)

Big Als bikes

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groepsets
« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2024, 05:06:27 PM »
Hi All
I'm a bike mechanic in Ireland, and in the last year I've built 5 customer bikes and 1 for me using eRX. And it's all been grand, couple wee hickups here are there, but overall very good, customers happy

For shipping reasons I buy without batteries which I source locally. The batteries I've been using are 14500 800mah un-protected, as the protected cells are too long to fit. Also capacites over 800mah are also too long to fit in the tube without forcing and bending it. I know to my cost, as the wee copper strip up the back of the pack is extremely fragile at the solder between the 2 batteries

Today a customer flatten his battery on a ride, when after re-charging its become apparent that the cells have been allowed to discharge below 30% and ruined them.

I'd presumed that the actually battery tube had a BMS at the top, now I'm not so sure.

Anyone else had issues with the batteries?

Also the manual states that a solid green LED on RD means the battery is fully charged. This isnt the case, if you open up the app you'll see it's charging and not 100%. This was the cause to the confusion for my customer, and the reason he didn't leave home with a full battery

Avalius

« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2024, 08:16:22 AM »
Hi All
I'm a bike mechanic in Ireland, and in the last year I've built 5 customer bikes and 1 for me using eRX. And it's all been grand, couple wee hickups here are there, but overall very good, customers happy

Nice to hear since Ireland has the same wet climate like Belgium. No water ingress issues with the rear derailleur?

Big Als bikes

« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2024, 05:19:03 PM »
been very wet even for Ireland this winter. But no issues with water getting where it shouldn't

coffeebreak

« Reply #558 on: March 30, 2024, 10:29:38 PM »
My ER9 shipped immediately but hit a snag. The package has been returned back to sender. I have never seen this happening before and I order a LOT. Bad news?

Sebastian

« Reply #559 on: March 31, 2024, 02:29:54 AM »
My ER9 shipped immediately but hit a snag. The package has been returned back to sender. I have never seen this happening before and I order a LOT. Bad news?

I wouldn’t lose sleep over this. Maybe the parcel got damaged or wasn’t properly packed. Good thing it happened in China still. Shouldn’t be too hard for the seller to sort it out. Did you order it with batteries? Customs issue maybe?

boxof13

« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2024, 05:05:30 AM »

Did you buy the eR9 from LTWOO Official Store and you're in the US? I had this issue twice and ended up not getting the eR9 (my third). I was told it was because restricted item (battery), even though I ordered one without battery, so customs don't allow for shipment. It's a bummer. I was recommended to buy from other sellers to avoid this issue. It's kind of odd, since my first eR9 was from this store, though it was before they became AE Choice seller. Being shipped by Choice may have something to do with it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:09:19 AM by boxof13 »

jonathanf2

« Reply #561 on: April 01, 2024, 11:14:47 AM »
I received my AliEx sale ER9 groupset while I was out of town last week. It took exactly 7 days to arrive from China to Southern California. Anyways, I examined all the hardware and everything looks good. Now I have to decide which road bike I'm going to install it on? It might have been easier if I just bought a new frame with the groupset! I'll report back later this week once I get it installed.

coffeebreak

« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2024, 11:47:05 AM »
I wouldn’t lose sleep over this. Maybe the parcel got damaged or wasn’t properly packed. Good thing it happened in China still. Shouldn’t be too hard for the seller to sort it out. Did you order it with batteries? Customs issue maybe?
Yes, without box and without battery version from their own official store. After reading boxof13's reply I got curious and started a chat with customer care. Their response -
unfortunately it has been returned back to sender and on further inspection it seems the reason is "non-permitted items - batteries".
So I asked if sender can resend the package, reply -
"No. Again, unfortunately Aliexpress has no system for reshipment of a package. I am buyer of Aliexpress too and this has happened with me before. The only option is to request for refund. Since you cannot request a refund I will start a refund dispute on your behalf"
. Not wanting to let go I asked if I should ask the seller directly, reply
"You can try but best option would be refund as any reshipment process will be outside of Aliexpress if the seller agrees".

So yeah that's it. They have started refund. To be frank I am pleasantly surprised at this particular service rep's responses.

Did you buy the eR9 from LTWOO Official Store and you're in the US? I had this issue twice and ended up not getting the eR9 (my third). I was told it was because restricted item (battery), even though I ordered one without battery, so customs don't allow for shipment. It's a bummer. I was recommended to buy from other sellers to avoid this issue. It's kind of odd, since my first eR9 was from this store, though it was before they became AE Choice seller. Being shipped by Choice may have something to do with it.
You are right. This is exactly what happened and I am in US, ordered it from LTW official store the no battery or box version. My guess at this point is that they forgot to remove those CR2032 batteries from the shifters? Sent multiple messages to LTW but they don't reply. I should have known because they have never replied to any of my messages earlier too.
Man this is surely is a bummer. I didn't even need the group and now I am unreasonably mad.

jonathanf2

« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2024, 11:55:20 AM »
I receive lots of items with C2032 batteries. Maybe they accidentally packed a mineral oil container into your package? Anyways, I'd be annoyed that my package was returned. On the bright side, the blue edition ER9/X should be available on the next AliEx sale, so you can order the new & improved version instead!  ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 12:13:36 PM by jonathanf2 »

Sebastian

« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2024, 12:28:10 PM »
Keep in mind that the so called official LTWOO store is not actually owned or run by LTWOO. At least according to Joe from China Cycling/Panda Podium. That’s why I just chose the best offer regardless of who the seller is and went with the 80s Designer Store.

coffeebreak

« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2024, 12:45:27 PM »
I receive lots of items with C2032 batteries. Maybe they accidentally packed a mineral oil container into your package? Anyways, I'd be annoyed that my package was returned. On the bright side, the blue edition ER9/X should be available on the next AliEx sale, so you can order the new & improved version instead!  ;)
That's how I am looking at it. I kept going back and forth because the new edition is coming. But then Joe's video where the new version doesn't seem to have any additional waterproofing pushed me over the edge. Not sure what went wrong, per the customer care its batteries. May be its for the better. With that said, today is Choice Day and with 50 off coupon the ER9 is again back to same price as anniversary sale.

Keep in mind that the so called official LTWOO store is not actually owned or run by LTWOO. At least according to Joe from China Cycling/Panda Podium. That’s why I just chose the best offer regardless of who the seller is and went with the 80s Designer Store.
yeah I remember reading that! In this case it was not only official store (apparently) but also the best offer by quite some margin. Almost a no brainer when coupons were stacked. Oh well.

jonathanf2

« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2024, 01:02:35 PM »
That's how I am looking at it. I kept going back and forth because the new edition is coming. But then Joe's video where the new version doesn't seem to have any additional waterproofing pushed me over the edge. Not sure what went wrong, per the customer care its batteries. May be its for the better. With that said, today is Choice Day and with 50 off coupon the ER9 is again back to same price as anniversary sale.
yeah I remember reading that! In this case it was not only official store (apparently) but also the best offer by quite some margin. Almost a no brainer when coupons were stacked. Oh well.

I have to say the groupset does look quite nice, externally the ER9 finish looks similar to Shimano 105. I'd also be tempted to try the EGR, but where I live 1x gravel doesn't make sense. I wish there wasn't such an industry to push gravel as 1x.

boxof13

« Reply #567 on: April 01, 2024, 01:03:56 PM »

It was indeed odd. My second eR9 came with CR2032 already installed too, but it was from 80 Designer Store.
Getting the new blue edition was also my thought process. I was planning to put the additional eR9 on my old road/commuter bike anyway. I somehow developed a new habit of pressing the shift button with my pinky finger after riding so much on the eR9, so the new button layout on the blue addition will be awesome!
Anyone got news when they will start selling the new edition?

jmcabellom

Re: LTWOO ER9 & ERX - Electronic groupsets
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2024, 03:48:07 AM »

In addition to informing about who is the real owner of the LTWOO account in AliExpress, I understand that it is a way to attract customers. After all he is offering the same product at a higher price, but it is understood that with better warranty and better service.

boxof13

« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2024, 05:05:02 AM »
I just noticed that Pandapodium put up this comment on their eRX listing

The “Blue Edition” won’t be available til the second half of 2024. The eRX we selling currently are still the all black version but with the previous issues solved.

It looks like plenty of people are asking this question already to them.